Help me decide. ABC's or VI in September 2019 on Equinox.

calicakes

We've taken 3 X cruises. We've been on the Solstice, Constellation and Silhouette. Each time in Aqua Class. Our last cruise in June, we decided to take NCL because we wanted to travel with our friends who had already booked their cruise. Let's just say that we won't be going on NCL again. I'm back to X, looking at a cruise for next year.

I'm having a hard time deciding on which itinerary. Sept 13th is Ft. Lauderdale, Cayman, A, B and C and key west. Its a 10 day cruise.

Sept 23rd is 11 days, its 200.00 cheaper than Sept 13th. Itinerary is Ft. Lauderdale, St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. John, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Marteen.

We love to snorkel/water sports. Our excursions that we pick always involve the water.

I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and have been to Key West numerous times. We've also been to St. Thomas and St. Marteen before. I did enjoy both of those ports on a previous cruise. We did a snorkel trip at each one.

Our wedding anniversary is September 28th. Tell me pro's and cons and which one you'd chose and why?

Given that the time of year, September, is prime hurricane season I'd opt for the ABC's itinerary. Due to their location they rarely have problems with hurricanes unlike the Virgin Islands. There is excellent snorkeling in Bonaire BTW.

Two nice itins but I'd pick ABC...so much to do on land and sea..Chances good for better weather

We did not enjoy snorkelling on St Croix...or much else about it..

Otherwise a toss up...unless you prefer a particular ship..

Picked a good anniv date..thats ours too! HAPPY SAILS!

Edited by hcat

As already mentioned, if you're into water activities, then you want the ABC itinerary for sure. Bonaire offers some of the finest snorkeling in the world! Also FYI: Aruba has never been hit by a hurricane because the wind direction there is one way only, for lack of a better explanation! Headed to the ABC's for the third time in February 2019 on The Reflection.

Thanks, here and on my own FB, mostly everyone said ABC because of the hurricane. However, if a hurricane is heading into FL, then I guess we're screwed too because we live in Socal. I also worry about hurricanes before and after the cruise. With all that being said, we do love snorkeling so I'm sold on ABC's.

Thanks, here and on my own FB, mostly everyone said ABC because of the hurricane. However, if a hurricane is heading into FL, then I guess we're screwed too because we live in Socal. I also worry about hurricanes before and after the cruise. With all that being said, we do love snorkeling so I'm sold on ABC's.

I concur - ABCs due to time of year!

Me too. We chose Aruba in August one year (not a cruise) because of hurricane season, and we were very glad we did. However, because it was not a cruise, we flew over any unsettled weather to get there. I do worry about going through turbulent seas to get there in the summer/fall on cruise.

A little prize with ABC itinerary is customs clearance. Last stop is Key West, customs clearance is done on the ship, in the AM. You are told when to go down to Deck 4 and it took about 5 minutes.

Next day when we disembarked In Miami, we just picked up our luggage off the carousel and went right to our car in the garage.

What a bonus, beautiful way to end a great cruise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Another vote for ABC Islands. Did the itinerary last year and doing it again next week. We LOVED it. Although not impossible to have hurricanes there, they are out of the hurricane belt and quite rare. Sometimes they can get some “after effects” from a hurricane (last year was extremely hot due to Irma sucking out the winds) and other times there has been some rain. We have been going to Aruba every year for the last 20+ years for our land vacay and we still love to cruise there. We also love Bonaire as well. You won’t be disappointed!

We are taking the same ABC cruise this October. Been to the other islands many times, never been to the ABC's.

We picked it based on water activities as we've heard the water is fantastic. Oh and Grand Cayman has some fantastic water too.

Can't wait!