!!! HAL Amsterdam !!! To Alaska ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

By the size of the room/fixtures/furnishings it has to be Main or Dolphin decks. Definitely not Lower Promenade. My guess is that they were in a category C room on Main as those were the ones rumored to have gotten the full bathroom refresh with glass shower replacing the tub. I think the only other non-suite rooms to get any bathroom updates were the category D rooms on Lower Promenade that were converted to Lanais.

Close call, DA Main deck.

Please, I want to encourage as many questions as possible. That triggers memories and I can go edit the review. Thank you @cruisingrob21, I just went in and added that info to the review. And Thank you @lax19, Picture changed. As well as additional info, I am new to HAL and it is all welcomed, thank you @Krazy Kruizers.

Gambee - thanks for the update on the category/room # - I had wanted to book DA2561 for Mum and I because of the location near the forward stairs/atrium/gangway, etc, but was uncertain if it had the updated bath, so had us in a Cat C more mid-ship,to try and make sure - knowing this I'm moving back to my original room choice!!!!!!!! Hopefully we will get lucky :) :) :)

Gambee - thanks for the update on the category/room # - I had wanted to book DA2561 for Mum and I because of the location near the forward stairs/atrium/gangway, etc, but was uncertain if it had the updated bath, so had us in a Cat C more mid-ship,to try and make sure - knowing this I'm moving back to my original room choice!!!!!!!! Hopefully we will get lucky :) :) :)

Glad to help. Yeah, absolutely loved that room, it was right next to the elevators and right below our favorite deck. Hope you get lucky.

Hi all!

gambee- so glad to see your

review is underway. I've been looking forward to it & seeing how you liked Alaska & HAL.

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

Well hello there Jo, nice to see you here following =)

gambee,

Thank you for the link to your review, and sharing your super photos.

You're welcome, glad you're enjoying so far.

thanks so much for the great review and photos.

So glad you shared the link :)

Very welcome, thank you for reading it =)

Gambee, so good to see you again - it's been awhile. Please give my best to your mom. Looking forward to your review and photos.

Will do. I know been busy with studies, I was way overdue for another cruise =)

Gambee:

My wife and I are taking our 14 year old granddaughter on the 2 week Alaska cruise on Amsterdam next July. We will be in a 3 person C cabin on main deck. It is one of the remodeled cabins. Will this be big enough for us all? Also, did you notice some teenagers on your cruise that she would be able to interact with? Thanks for your review. It is great. The pictures are very informative.

Gambee:

My wife and I are taking our 14 year old granddaughter on the 2 week Alaska cruise on Amsterdam next July. We will be in a 3 person C cabin on main deck. It is one of the remodeled cabins. Will this be big enough for us all? Also, did you notice some teenagers on your cruise that she would be able to interact with? Thanks for your review. It is great. The pictures are very informative.

The C cabin seems to be the same size as my cabin, I think there is good space for 3 people there. I actually think it is larger than some balcony cabins aboard larger ships. It really depends what you consider large space, but I think its good for 3. There were some teenagers, but not many. Like I said, maybe 50-60 children total in the ship, and most of them were a little younger than 14. Maybe 10 or so teenagers?

Thank you Gambee for another fabulous review! Our first cruise was on the Westerdam to Alaska. Like you, we were upgraded, for an unknown reason, but to the level of suite below Penthouse. So spoiled. Your pictures are, as always, great. I want to go back to Alaska. So cool that you are thinking about doing Travel PT. if there is anyone who will appreciate that experience, it is you. Much success in the remainder of your schooling. Try the British Isles and Ireland! You and Mom would love it!

The C cabin seems to be the same size as my cabin, I think there is good space for 3 people there. I actually think it is larger than some balcony cabins aboard larger ships. It really depends what you consider large space, but I think its good for 3. There were some teenagers, but not many. Like I said, maybe 50-60 children total in the ship, and most of them were a little younger than 14. Maybe 10 or so teenagers?

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it.

Just found this wonderful review. Your photos and amazing as always Gambee. Congratulations on your marriage. So happy for you!!! Happy that you so enjoyed Alaska. I live in Vancouver so it is a wonderful and easy cruise for us. No air!!! I have been many times and think HAL is the best for the same reasons you gave, size of ship and wonderful promenade deck. Also the friendly crew. Alaska has a way of drawing you back. This won’t be your last I am sure.LOL loving your photos.

Just found this wonderful review. Your photos and amazing as always Gambee. Congratulations on your marriage. So happy for you!!! Happy that you so enjoyed Alaska. I live in Vancouver so it is a wonderful and easy cruise for us. No air!!! I have been many times and think HAL is the best for the same reasons you gave, size of ship and wonderful promenade deck. Also the friendly crew. Alaska has a way of drawing you back. This won’t be your last I am sure.LOL loving your photos.

Thank you. Yeah, I completely agree with you Alaska has a way of sucking you in and wanting more! It is a just a majestic place to be at!

Juneau Alaska, and the BEST shore excursion we have ever taken!!!

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/holland-america-amsterdam-juneau-alaska-chapter-9/

Your pictures are fantastic. We went on that photo excursion a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We didn't see any bears, but we did get a photo of this little guy on the walk to the Mendenhall Glacier:

Juneau%20Photo%20Tour2-M.jpg

Loving your review! I can't wait for the next episode.

Your pictures are fantastic. We went on that photo excursion a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We didn't see any bears, but we did get a photo of this little guy on the walk to the Mendenhall Glacier:

Juneau%20Photo%20Tour2-M.jpg

Loving your review! I can't wait for the next episode.

That's so cool! Our guide mentioned them, and he said all that was missing from our tour where porcupines. Too cute!