Captains Club question

flipflap78

They will recognize the level and give you appropriate level up to Elite on Celebrity. Points cannot be combined.

thanks! But

is the reverse also true? from Royal to Celebrity and from Celebrity to Royal?when I did the first with Celebrity I was already gold with Royal, but I did not know and so I started from scratch

Points are collected independently (just Celebrity and Asmara still share points).

But there is a program match when you cruise: so you will have a Captain Club level from Captain Club and one Captain Club level matched from your Crown & Anchor level. On our cruise, you will have the status of the higher level. But you will still collect points only on CC when cruising with Celebrity.

I'm at the same levels you are for both Crown and Anchor and Captain's Club. They will automatically transfer from one to the other, hence why they can't be added together.

They do not match status all the way. We are Zenith on Celebrity, but that only gets us to Diamond on Crown & Anchor. To get Diamond Plus or Pinnacle one has to earn the total points required just from cruising on Royal. Points earned on Celebrity do not count

The status match from RCI to X starts at Platinum = Select.. Diamond = Elite and vice-versa.

to go higher on either line you need to actually accrue the points on the line itself (starting from zero, not from any inherited status).

Steve

On our first cruise on RCL we were Diamond because of being Elite Plus. We enjoyed it so much we now have enough points to be Diamond with no match from Celebrity. We have a B2B scheduled on the Allure in October and haven't cruised Celebrity in over two years. Read in to what you want. I'm not going to start a war of words.

• 1 year later...

I figured it would be better to bump this and ask instead of opening a new thread since it's a similar question.

I got to Diamond on Royal Caribbean so they bump me to Elite on Celebrity. I'm sailing the Eclipse this March. How new points are added after getting bumped? I see the minimum points for Elite is 300 points so any new points will be added to 300?

It doesn't work that way. Your status is simply a courtesy one. And your points don't transfer. You won't accrue any points on your RC account when sailing on a Celebrity ship. Any points gained on you Celebrity cruise are added to your Celebrity Captains club account. Which start at 0 if this is your first Celebrity cruise.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, El turista said:

I figured it would be better to bump this and ask instead of opening a new thread since it's a similar question.

I got to Diamond on Royal Caribbean so they bump me to Elite on Celebrity. I'm sailing the Eclipse this March. How new points are added after getting bumped? I see the minimum points for Elite is 300 points so any new points will be added to 300?

No, you start from zero with Celebrity.  We are Select on X and Discoverer on Azamara because of our status match with RCI, but all our points on Azamara and X accrued from zero.

Edited by hiccups
  • Like 1