Crown & Anchor highest points

SRV FAN

She came back and clarified.

So Bob's answer was right - did everyone else not see her clarification before trying to guess her meaning?

The Point King is Mario Salcedo. I don't know his age, but Bob says that he's 67.

ETA: Just looked it up. Depending on when his birthday is, he is either 68 or 69.

[emoji4]

His points are approaching 8000. I don't *think* that he has hit that number yet.

My FIL and MIL have sailed with Mario a few times, and at the first time they had no idea why he was so popular amongst cruisers. So MIL walks up to him and asks “why does everyone know you?” and he explained that he lives on the ship, that he used to live in an OV balcony back when smoking on balconies was allowed, but now that it’s not, he just lives in an OV. He has a small condo in Miami where he disembarks every week to check his mail, but that’s about it.

The more ya know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boy! I had no idea my question would be so confusing! Sorry ‘bout that. I have my answer.... we can all move along now. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So were you looking for Mario or the 8 year old Pinnacle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No. Unless the articles I read were inaccurate, and the people who provided information that was accurate last month lied, my post was accurate.
You weren't sure of age or total points. Am I missing something?[emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No doubt.

It's the 'on her own', 'in her own right' comments that I like to point out.

And yes, that's coming from a Pinnacle with around 400 actual points. [emoji16]

John, doesn’t the “in their own right” refer to having actually sailed on the cruises and not inherited the points.

Since the C&A program is purely based on nights sailed and not on who paid for the cruise I would say that an 8 YO who has sailed 700 nights or more is Absolutely a Pinnacle member in their own right.

It’s those who are D, D+ Or even Pinnacle yet have only sailed a fraction of their actual points and inherited their status from parents or spouses who would fall under “not on their own right”

John, doesn’t the “in their own right” refer to having actually sailed on the cruises and not inherited the points.

Since the C&A program is purely based on nights sailed and not on who paid for the cruise I would say that an 8 YO who has sailed 700 nights or more is Absolutely a Pinnacle member in their own right.

It’s those who are D, D+ Or even Pinnacle yet have only sailed a fraction of their actual points and inherited their status from parents or spouses who would fall under “not on their own right”

Just a pet peeve.

I did include a disclaimer

Not based on nights anyway.

Just a pet peeve.

I did include a disclaimer

Not based on nights anyway.

Yes, you are correct that it’s not entirely based on nights however that does not change the fact that nights/points were paid for and not inherited.

I am in agreement with you on those those that are now D and D+ who have not earned the required number of points to attain that level. (Significant others and minor children should be the only exception)

Yes, you are correct that it’s not entirely based on nights however that does not change the fact that nights/points were paid for and not inherited.

I am in agreement with you on those those that are now D and D+ who have not earned the required number of points to attain that level. (Significant others and minor children should be the only exception)

So you're thinking that the upper tier designation should only exist while children are minors. Interesting.

I'm wondering if in this day and age, it's time to stop linking Significant Others and limit it to true spouses.

So you're thinking that the upper tier designation should only exist while children are minors. Interesting.

I'm wondering if in this day and age, it's time to stop linking Significant Others and limit it to true spouses.

I'm breaking out the popcorn. :D This is going to start a completely new conversation.

How exactly does the “significant other” status work? I’m assuming addresses must match. Are IDs actually checked? What happens in case of a break up (or, for that matter, divorce from a “true” spouse)? Does unlinking remove the status?

Another question: our daughters didn’t cruise with us until our third cruise when both were over 18 (way back in 1998) so they are both gold. Had we been Diamonds and they cruised with us before reaching their 18th birthdays, I think they would have inherited our status. If that is correct and they cruised now with their families, would their spouses and children be automatic Diamonds? It seems improbable that one cruise with Diamond parents would yield 7 additional Diamonds twenty years later. Please tell me that I’m reading this incorrectly.

Thanks.

How exactly does the “significant other” status work? I’m assuming addresses must match. Are IDs actually checked? What happens in case of a break up (or, for that matter, divorce from a “true” spouse)? Does unlinking remove the status?

Another question: our daughters didn’t cruise with us until our third cruise when both were over 18 (way back in 1998) so they are both gold. Had we been Diamonds and they cruised with us before reaching their 18th birthdays, I think they would have inherited our status. If that is correct and they cruised now with their families, would their spouses and children be automatic Diamonds? It seems improbable that one cruise with Diamond parents would yield 7 additional Diamonds twenty years later. Please tell me that I’m reading this incorrectly.

Thanks.

Significant other requires the same residence address and a simple declaration of "significant other". No ID checked. Unlinking does not remove C&A level.

You are correct about the second part.

All I know is that we're not in the running for these "distinctions" but I do have a question about "inherited" status. We've cruised RCI with and without our kids, and all three have their own C&A numbers. At the rate we have been cruising my wife and I will reach Diamond before one or two of our kids turn 18. Once we reach Diamond, and before they are 18, do we need to cruise together for them to inherit the Diamond status as well, or do I just need to call C&A and let them know that we've reached Diamond and then they will reciprocate it to the kids?

Dan

Significant other requires the same residence address and a simple declaration of "significant other". No ID checked. Unlinking does not remove C&A level.

You are correct about the second part.

Thank you. So, a Diamond could cruise with a different person every cruise, declare that person to be his/her significant other, and each one would automatically become a Diamond? Wonder if this has been tested...

Thank you. So, a Diamond could cruise with a different person every cruise, declare that person to be his/her significant other, and each one would automatically become a Diamond? Wonder if this has been tested...

You have to set up the linking with C&A on the phone, prior to the cruise. I would bet that changing the significant other several times in a short period of time would ring some alarm bells, and eventually they would put some rule into place (furnish a utility bill proving residence address, etc.) to cut down on fake significant others.

You have to set up the linking with C&A on the phone, prior to the cruise. I would bet that changing the significant other several times in a short period of time would ring some alarm bells, and eventually they would put some rule into place (furnish a utility bill proving residence address, etc.) to cut down on fake significant others.

Thanks. Please know that I’m happily married and not personally plotting ways to overflow the Diamond ranks with significant others. (Although it would have been nice to have provided our daughters, their spouses, and children with Diamond status, we started cruising far too late to do so.)

Thanks. Please know that I’m happily married and not personally plotting ways to overflow the Diamond ranks with significant others. (Although it would have been nice to have provided our daughters, their spouses, and children with Diamond status, we started cruising far too late to do so.)

I'm happily married as well but could be persuaded to trade him in if the right Pinnacle member comes along:eek::evilsmile:

Edited by molly361