Formal night(s)

Carbuilder

My wife and I do not like to get dressed up. Especially on vacation. And, we like to kick back and be casual. What options do we have on formal night. We would not want to take away the formal experience that our fellow passengers may want to rightfully enjoy.

Also, do you think it would be possible. If we gave a nice tip, to have dinner from the dining room served on our balcony on formal night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I do not like to get dressed up. Especially on vacation. And, we like to kick back and be casual. What options do we have on formal night. We would not want to take away the formal experience that our fellow passengers may want to rightfully enjoy.

Also, do you think it would be possible. If we gave a nice tip, to have dinner from the dining room served on our balcony on formal night?

You can get room service from the MDR if you are booked in a full suite. If you are not in a full suite, there is a room service menu that you can order from, it is $7.95 for as much as you want from the menu.

So putting on a pair of pants and a collared shirt is a big deal? That would be dressing up? That's about all you need not to stick out. Your wife can wear a pair of nice slacks and a nice top...boom.

We would not want to take away the formal experience that our fellow passengers may want to rightfully enjoy.

Thank you! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

There are far too many people that could give a crap and show up in the MDR in shorts and flip flops. :(

My wife and I are typically casual. Im in the car restoration business. So, I’m a grease monkey. However, that does not mean I’m a slob when we go out. We are just tired, and need this week to unwind.

I do have nice dress slacks and button down shirts. And of course my better half. Has more clothing than a dept. store. Just want to be appropriately prepared.

My wife and I do not like to get dressed up. Especially on vacation. And, we like to kick back and be casual. What options do we have on formal night. We would not want to take away the formal experience that our fellow passengers may want to rightfully enjoy. Also, do you think it would be possible. If we gave a nice tip, to have dinner from the dining room served on our balcony on formal night?

Dress code is suggested for Formal Nights. Long pants (jeans) and a collared shirt (polo shirt), and you'll be fine in the Main Dining Rooms. Don't miss out on the MDR, throw on a pair of pants and come to dinner.

You can NOT get food from the dining room brought to your room. You need to order off of the room service menu. They will drop the tray off with you in your room. You can consume the food on the balcony if you choose.

Just off the Allure and the new norm is nice slacks and a polo shirts. The group I was with mad a pack that said no suits or ties and I was kinda of worried about standing out. Well I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was in majority of folks dressed up. I will never pack another suit for my cruise again. yeaaaaaaaaaa

My wife and I are typically casual. Im in the car restoration business. So, I’m a grease monkey. However, that does not mean I’m a slob when we go out. We are just tired, and need this week to unwind.

I do have nice dress slacks and button down shirts. And of course my better half. Has more clothing than a dept. store. Just want to be appropriately prepared.

A fellow grease monkey on CC! I restore cars, as a hobby, and never quite get the grease out from under my fingernails. My favorite attire is shorts and a Harley shirt ( I also ride) and when I get dressed up for an evening out, it's jeans and a Hawaiian shirt - the louder, the better.

That being said, I've found it very easy to fly under the radar on any cruise line's dress code with a pair of black jeans, a black T-shirt, and a black sport coat for formal nights and I wear slacks and a polo shirt for smart casual nights. This worked on a recent QM2 cruise, and since they require a jacket on the men every night, I just slipped on the black sport coat on each evening.

As Jack Nicholson's character said in As Good As It Gets, "You know, they let you in with a house dress, yet they make me find a jacket".

Just off the Allure and the new norm is nice slacks and a polo shirts. The group I was with mad a pack that said no suits or ties and I was kinda of worried about standing out. Well I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was in majority of folks dressed up. I will never pack another suit for my cruise again. yeaaaaaaaaaa

We've made a pack amongst the ten of us on Allure next October. Dressed to the nines, white tux's and/or sparkle dinner jackets with bow ties. Nothing worse than see ladies all dressed up and husbands/partners not bothering to compliment the ladies attire.

Nice pants (khakis are fine) and a nice shirt will be fine. Personally, I would take a tie, so if you feel you need it, you have it. And it doesn't take up space.

Or go the buffet in pretty much any attire.

We also tend to dress a bit nicer for the specialty restaurants. Not a tie, but at least a nice shirt for me. SO is always dressed nicely.