Paying for excursions

oskidunker

I have more onboard credit than my wife due to Military credit. Is it possible to book a tour for my wife under my account? Tried and it always defaults to her account and wants a credit card. Maybe If I call the travel agent, they can do it.

I have more onboard credit than my wife due to Military credit. Is it possible to book a tour for my wife under my account? Tried and it always defaults to her account and wants a credit card. Maybe If I call the travel agent, they can do it.

Non refundable OBC is used up first.

Military is refundable........

If you are both using the same account and credit card then it will all be charged and credited to the same account using up the obc. If they are separate accounts then no. Depending on the excursion, the tickets may have a name and they might not. Hard to say in advance. You will get a refund of the unused military if applicable.

I have the same problem - my husband has more on-board credit than I do. There's an excursion I'm going on, but he is not. He has on-board credit, I do not. When on the ship, our accounts are merged, so it's not a problem for things we purchase separately while on-board. I want to use on-board credit to pay for the excursion, so I made the reservation in his name, and the cost was deducted from his on-board credit balance. My plan is to go to the excursion desk the first day, tell them what I did, and find out if it matters that the ticket is in his name or not. I'm hoping they'll reissue the ticket with my name. The cruise isn't until December, so I have no idea if what I did will work! Has anyone else done this?

RSF-No problem unless your husband decides he wants to do a different excursion at the same time, then you will need to call Princess to have his credit applied to your ticket.

And you don’t even need to reissue the ticket in your own name. Nobody reads the name, they just verify the tour number. Only once in 25 years have we had to answer by name, and that was only because the tour operator insisted she had 50 passengers but only 49 tickets, so she made everyone do a Roll Call. Turns out she couldn’t count.

My plan is to go to the excursion desk the first day, tell them what I did, and find out if it matters that the ticket is in his name or not. I'm hoping they'll reissue the ticket with my name. The cruise isn't until December, so I have no idea if what I did will work! Has anyone else done this?

i never done a princess shore excursions yet. But i done ship excursions on other cruise lines, no one checks the name on the ticket. it is like it does not matter.

I have read here that if you call Princess to book the excursion they can merge the OBC to pay for it. Give it a try, good luck and let us know how you make out.

To switch our shareholder OBC to my wife to balance with my military OBC only takes a quick call to the Princess Booking Support section after it’s been issued: 800-872-6779 x-30317

I’ve followed their suggestions on how to have it issued directly to her when applying but it’s never worked & have to call them to transfer the SOBC to my wife. With each of us having the same amount we can easily book our tours through our Cruise Personalizer.

I have read here that if you call Princess to book the excursion they can merge the OBC to pay for it. Give it a try, good luck and let us know how you make out.

I called Princess and the agent was able to take out OBC for excursions the way I needed to. It does not matter if your booking is with a TA as Princess will help you on the phone with shore excursions.