Cococay, still tendered?

Hi,

I'm booked on the Mariner of the Seas for the first weekend in December 2018. Is the dock scheduled to be completed by then?

Thanks,

Chuck

Unknown, last I heard it was sometime in November, but that could have slipped.

We were there in August on Grandeur.

The pier is coming along. Most the pilings are set, and they have it decked maybe half way. I can see Jan easily.

As for the rest of construction, I have a hard time believing it will be open in March.

We were there in August on Grandeur.

The pier is coming along. Most the pilings are set, and they have it decked maybe half way. I can see Jan easily.

As for the rest of construction, I have a hard time believing it will be open in March.

Thanks for that, I was hoping to see progress from last year.

pier1.jpg

pier2.jpg

Good question...here is a pic taken yesterday..I am on Mariner. So much work to do by June ‘19. Rumors on the streets (beaches) are the new dock to be ready by Jan instead of Nov....I’ll ask around for any unofficial stuff...not sure but officially opening June?

The east and south beaches are open as normal, awesome as always.

They have a temp visual barrier fence up, rest of island a constuction zone.

West end has barge dock...bringing in sand/materials.

I’ll be here often....be interesting to post pics every week.

F7_EB8044-_B123-49_F4-_A8_E3-5_BF7_E71_D487_C.jpg

Yeah, the dock looks like it is coming along, but I see NO construction of the new stuff, just dirt moving.

And yes, I know that dirt moving is the first part of the construction, but being 7 months from the opening, and not seeing structures going up is NOT a good sign.

Here's a link to Royal Caribbean's FAQ on Cococay which includes timelines. It is dated July 26, 2018. I'm sure that is subject to change, but this is what they are telling the public for now. It's a looooong, slow rollout.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/content/faq/perfect-day-at-cococay-frequently-asked-questions.pdf

Here's a cut and paste of timeline:

When does Perfect Day at CocoCay open?

New attractions and experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay will open in phases, with full completion targeted forDecember 2019.

• Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Chill Island, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool will open in December 2018.

• The new pier will open in January 2019.

• Thrill Waterpark, Splashaway Bay aqua park, the Zip Line, Captain Jack’s Galleon, Captain Jack’s dining andSkipper’s Grill dining will open in May 2019.

• South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

Please note that these dates might be subject to change depending on the progress of construction.

They have also developed a fun, interactive microsite for the new experience here:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/arrivals