Organizing trip to computer

Gallivanting Souls

With the age of technology does anyone have something they have come up with (starter file willing to share). Something like a calendar of the month or week where you can add in itinerary/activities that you have planned for each day? I can use Excell, but am very clumsy with it as well as Google Sheets (my preferred since I can access on any computer). I am a perpetual planner and I really am tired of killing so many trees with all the changes that come up. I would appreciate anyone will to share their hard work in the document creation process. We all can't be good at everything :cool: Feel free to put links to other threads if they actually have what you think I am looking for. I did a brief search, but what I found was old threads and people who are printing out lots of paper and carrying it with them. I love my google drive and google photos and not having to carry reams of paper.

Thanks!

I just downloaded tripit. It wants me to send my email confirmations to thier email address to upload. This seems suspicious...sharing personal info on the invoices.

lol

It's all automated, once you send your information it automatically puts it in your TripIt itineraries.

I have used Tripit and now I am trying Tripcase. I was wanting something that I could put into a calendar and see day by day. Maybe I just need to break down and play with Excel and make a calendar?

TripIt DOES break everything down day by day. It puts everything you plan on doing in a timeline format.

Here is what I use, I do print a final copy to bring with me. That way if I have anything to add once I get on board, I can just write it in. I do like having it all in one place.

It is originally from Royal Caribbean's cruise planner, but it completely modifiable, with just limited computer skills. This one is taken from a cruise last year, but you can add or subtract days, modify ports, dates, and times, and so on. Add the information that is important to you - flights, tours, etc.

Activity Calendar Template.docx

I will not be getting the Internet package on our upcoming cruise. Will Google Calendar work offline if I input our independent excursions on the calendar?

TripIt is form based while Google calendar would be a bit more cumbersome. Both work offline though syncing with other devices will not work without internet connectivity (e.g., forwarding new/modified travel/tour e-mails to TripIt). Of course, you could add/alter info in either app without internet connect.

I will not be getting the Internet package on our upcoming cruise. Will Google Calendar work offline if I input our independent excursions on the calendar?

I'm pretty sure it will - that's our plan.

I just turned on airplane mode and turned off wi-fi. I was still able to see my calendar entries on my phone.

WOW, you people do WAY more planning on vacation than I do.

All I want to be sure of, is a place to sleep each night. Other than that, I am good to go, and free to do what catches my attention

My parents used to get on a flight to Europe, rent a car, and start driving. That was their planning. Heck, at times, in those days, they would fly military space available, and would go to the airport not knowing where they might be going. :D

WOW, you people do WAY more planning on vacation than I do.

All I want to be sure of, is a place to sleep each night. Other than that, I am good to go, and free to do what catches my attention

My parents used to get on a flight to Europe, rent a car, and start driving. That was their planning. Heck, at times, in those days, they would fly military space available, and would go to the airport not knowing where they might be going. :D

I have done both. Road trip that just follows the sun and the wind. But we have just booked an Alaskan cruise and there are some specific tours/sights we want to do. It's not a trip that is available all seasons nor one we would do annually. So this one will be a mix of planned and unplanned. To each their own.

Why wouldn't Google calendar meet your needs?

I have never used it. Not that I couldn't. I just haven't.

I googled tripit vs tripcase. Check out what it said:

https://www.choice.com.au/travel/on-holidays/advice/articles/travel-planning-apps

I will give either Tripit or Tripcase another look. Thanks for you input.

I just downloaded tripit. It wants me to send my email confirmations to thier email address to upload. This seems suspicious...sharing personal info on the invoices.

You can use TripIt without sending emails if you prefer. Just log into their site and enter all the information for your trip manually. The email import is just an ease-of-use feature.

Just make sure you sync your trip with your phone before you leave as your phone will retain a local copy in case you don't have access to an internet connection.

You can use TripIt without sending emails if you prefer. Just log into their site and enter all the information for your trip manually. The email import is just an ease-of-use feature.

Just make sure you sync your trip with your phone before you leave as your phone will retain a local copy in case you don't have access to an internet connection.

Plus the latest app update has improved the fill-in format for cruise info like port stops.

TripIt is so easy, and for those of you concerned about it using emails to populate, I agree it is a bit weird but the major organization I work for (who is very uptight on protecting information/email/personal id stuff) strongly recommends we use it for all of our work travel. So, I use it. I have gotten over the part that it somehow reads the email to populate my itinerary. I have my work things and my personal things in TripIt and it allows me to share my itinerary with others. With my cruises it even populates the ports!