LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Here is part of the letter to Suite Guests. It does prohibit swim attire but I have seen then on all my cruises on Oasis Class. It doesn’t prohibit shorts on all nights except formal night.

The SL is not the DL/CL nor do we hope it gets the same atmosphere.

7f422e8a15a88f6dbf3d8361af4dc739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed the Allure in July and the Oasis this month. Concierges on both ships said that shorts were permitted every night in the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. This includes formal nights.

The above from someone who boasted about using the system to gain Pinnacle on his his wife’s coattails so he can wear the badge to enjoy the benefits.

I feel sorry for the suite guests who paid RCIs inflated $uite pices and received less than a sweet suite experience.

I’ve experienced a suite on HAL, Princess and Celebrity for less money than most GSs originally sell for.

A GS was just advertised for a ridiculous low price, several folks jumped on it. There are good prices and there are high prices and then sales after sales that may not be the best price.

Ridiculously low? No. It is probably the best price and what is the true value to the cruise line. Anything over is profit.

Too many Pinnacles have reduced the suite experience - probably for most Ps as well, one reason some appear to push the experience. Yes, it is past time for your own lounge set up similar to the Diamond Lounge.

I wouldn't call that coat tails. I helped pay. [emoji6]

Didn't use anything.

Pretty sure I'm going to hear a speach next week about how valuable Pinnacles are to Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

i'm doing a 13 night snow bird migration cruise from Quebec city to ft lauderdale 10/8 .....do you think there will many pins in the SL :).I'll be doing a live report so we can all find out
I would think that route is very popular with seasoned cruisers.

The criticism of the guests is one thing, I agree, but the main point is Royal's policy of granting access to non-suite guests. Has nothing to do with how nice they are, they could be fabulous people but they are still taking up seats and tables and dinner reservation slots and bartender's time, etc.
10 waiters in CK and 4 bar waiters in SL this week. Lots of seats, maybe not by the window though

10 waiters in CK and 4 bar waiters in SL this week. Lots of seats, maybe not by the window though

Do you think those numbers are enough? I have no idea. I rarely see four bartenders at once. I want to believe that RC dynamically adjusts staffing on the front line and in the back of house to meet the anticipated loads in the SL/CK, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. As we know the number of suite guests is fairly constant while the number of P's varies from week to week. I do know that some P's like to talk the ears off of their favorite staff while we wait patiently for our salads. Just saying it's more than numbers, and when we see someone with a P pin holding up our server it just makes us groan a bit.

Do you think those numbers are enough? I have no idea. I rarely see four bartenders at once. I want to believe that RC dynamically adjusts staffing on the front line and in the back of house to meet the anticipated loads in the SL/CK, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. As we know the number of suite guests is fairly constant while the number of P's varies from week to week. I do know that some P's like to talk the ears off of their favorite staff while we wait patiently for our salads. Just saying it's more than numbers, and when we see someone with a P pin holding up our server it just makes us groan a bit.

We had 6 waiters and 1 runner. They did the best they can. We loved them all. They were stretched thin.

The criticism of the guests is one thing, I agree, but the main point is Royal's policy of granting access to non-suite guests. Has nothing to do with how nice they are, they could be fabulous people but they are still taking up seats and tables and dinner reservation slots and bartender's time, etc.

Bingo! This is precisely what happened in our cruise. I am sure most of them were wonderful but they still took up space and seats and tables that should have been exclusively devoted to $uite passengers.

i'm doing a 13 night snow bird migration cruise from Quebec city to ft lauderdale 10/8 .....do you think there will many pins in the SL :).I'll be doing a live report so we can all find out

Expect around 100 and probably a lot of them will have joined the ship in Bayonne on the previous sailing and will not be happy if you dare to sit in any of "their" seats which they have claimed as their territory at the SL :D On such cruises and the repositionings you unfortunately get mainly those Pinacles that have figured out that life is cheaper in a inside cabin on board than living on land with the respective attitude of thinking that they own the ship.

These Pinacles that earned their status because they have cruised for years because they are passionate about cruising itself, loving to be at Sea and discovering the world, those I look up to and hope to be one of them at some point as well. These btw are very nice people, however those abusers of the system that only cruise because they figured out that life on board in a inside cabin with a super deal is cheaper than being at home having no clue where the ship is heading to, with the arogant attitude thinking they own the ship and complain about everything, these do not deserve any privileges the program grants the Pinacles. Against these, which are probably at least around 50%, RCCL should find a solution that they will not take away valuable space of paying suite guests and Pinancles that really deserved the priviliges of this status. Hence this would then bring back the numbers of Pinacles to a normal level and would not see more than a hand full of Pinacles per cruise even from Florida in low season :cool:

I agree with you Rory.

The price of those suites people deserve to have their own SL.

A top class loyalty lounge with eating facilities for Pinnacles and D+ only should be available and a DL for Diamonds.

I agree that the SL should be for suite guests hence the name. The Diamond Lounge should be for Diamond and Diamond Plus as the name suggests. Diamond Plus likes to be lumped with Pinnacles but they are not. 175 points is way different from 700 points. Most Diamond Plus will not reach Pinnacle. Pinnacles should have their own space.

I recall on the Oasis before its first dry dock there was a Pinnacle Lounge on deck 17 that has since been converted to a suite. It was empty every time I passed by. I would presume because there was no bar set up. Taking away the Pinnacle Lounge could be the compromise RC decided when granting Pinnacle guests access to the Suite Lounge.

Suites are generally overpriced. A CLS on quite a few sailings on any of the ships range from $6k to $7k for two. When paying that much money, I expect my experience (with or without young kids) to match the inflated price.

Andy C thank you for your review. I changed from an Allure sailing to the Harmony and found your review and pictures insightful.

Wow thought all this time just 4. Then it must be two A1 and four A2 2 bedroom ats?

See you two in the terminal in a few weeks. We are driving down on saturday night after universal. Will be at the port by 1030 am.

Hi Frank,

Oasis has 6- 2 bedroom ATS, They are on Decks 8, 9 and 10. There are 5 Star Class cabins on Deck 17.

See you soon.

John

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

I agree that the SL should be for suite guests hence the name. The Diamond Lounge should be for Diamond and Diamond Plus as the name suggests. Diamond Plus likes to be lumped with Pinnacles but they are not. 175 points is way different from 700 points. Most Diamond Plus will not reach Pinnacle. Pinnacles should have their own space.

I recall on the Oasis before its first dry dock there was a Pinnacle Lounge on deck 17 that has since been converted to a suite. It was empty every time I passed by. I would presume because there was no bar set up. Taking away the Pinnacle Lounge could be the compromise RC decided when granting Pinnacle guests access to the Suite Lounge.

Suites are generally overpriced. A CLS on quite a few sailings on any of the ships range from $6k to $7k for two. When paying that much money, I expect my experience (with or without young kids) to match the inflated price.

Andy C thank you for your review. I changed from an Allure sailing to the Harmony and found your review and pictures insightful.

Thank you for the compliment. Harmony is a beautiful ship with wonderful staff and you will have no regrets. I think your comments are fair and balanced. Clearly RCI needs to recognize their most loyal cruisers but not in the $UITE Lounge at the expense of $uite passengers.

Expect around 100 and probably a lot of them will have joined the ship in Bayonne on the previous sailing and will not be happy if you dare to sit in any of "their" seats which they have claimed as their territory at the SL :D On such cruises and the repositionings you unfortunately get mainly those Pinacles that have figured out that life is cheaper in a inside cabin on board than living on land with the respective attitude of thinking that they own the ship.

These Pinacles that earned their status because they have cruised for years because they are passionate about cruising itself, loving to be at Sea and discovering the world, those I look up to and hope to be one of them at some point as well. These btw are very nice people, however those abusers of the system that only cruise because they figured out that life on board in a inside cabin with a super deal is cheaper than being at home having no clue where the ship is heading to, with the arogant attitude thinking they own the ship and complain about everything, these do not deserve any privileges the program grants the Pinacles. Against these, which are probably at least around 50%, RCCL should find a solution that they will not take away valuable space of paying suite guests and Pinancles that really deserved the priviliges of this status. Hence this would then bring back the numbers of Pinacles to a normal level and would not see more than a hand full of Pinacles per cruise even from Florida in low season :cool:

got a good price on a GS..$4710 ......but may not experience the full suite(ness) if pins take over with an attitude....i'll enjoy the cruise anyway

Suite passenger in lounge on formal night. T shirt, gym shorts, barefoot.

Muhammed asks how are you?

Answer, 'as usual, not well'

Spends next 10 minutes berating concierge about his dining reservations.

Not typical, I'll admit.

FWIW, most of the lounge is Pinnacle right now. 90% are dressed up in at least a sport coat.

FWIW, most of the lounge is Pinnacle right now. 90% are dressed up in at least a sport coat.

FWIW Pinnacles are usually classy dressers, even on the beach. This I've noticed. No complaints about the apparel. The barefoot t-shirt guy won't make it anywhere close to P status, if he even sails again. Next vacation he will be someone else's problem.

Not typical, I'll admit.

Not bringing any form of a jacket or coat. No tie. Haven’t done so for some time. Don’t need to dress up to enjoy our vacation. Don’t care what others wear to enjoy theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not typical, I'll admit.

That's nice - so the SUITE Lounge is mostly pinnacle right now - that means there are probably no window seats or enough seating for SUITE guests.

This proves my point exactly and what so many have agreed with me on my thread. Pinnacles (because RCI allows it) are robbing suite guests of their experience. Period.

Bingo! This is precisely what happened in our cruise. I am sure most of them were wonderful but they still took up space and seats and tables that should have been exclusively devoted to $uite passengers.
I admire loyalty but in the big ships with massive Suite price tags with possible first time cruisers having a trip of a lifetime the perks advertised should be available to them.

A top class Premium loyalty lounge for Pinnacles and D+ would be appropriate and the DL for Diamonds.

That's nice - so the SUITE Lounge is mostly pinnacle right now - that means there are probably no window seats or enough seating for SUITE guests.

This proves my point exactly and what so many have agreed with me on my thread. Pinnacles (because RCI allows it) are robbing suite guests of their experience. Period.

Sea days the suite guests are out at the pool, I suppose.