Top Tier Event status fleetwide

Scotty G

I was on the Jewel two different cruises last year and the top tier parties only included champagne with no food whatsoever. Was on the Freedom this year and they had the event at 10:30 am. No food at that one either. I must say they do a great deal better at this type party on other lines.

There is obviously plenty of food to be had all over the ship. No chance of going hungry if no food served at the event. ;) The ship may have decided the waste of food at the events that are held mid day, which are lightly attended, is just not worth it.

We are on Symphony at the moment and the Top Tier party was supposed to be in the Aquatheatre yesterday at 4.30pm but it was cancelled as rain was forecast, not sure when or if it will be re-scheduled. We were also on Symphony in June and it was held on the Bridge but only for Pinnacles.

My point was that other lines treat the top tier event more as a festive cocktail party--they don't hold it at 10:30 am. Who wants to go then? Perhaps that is the point.

Have you been on Oasis lately? They hold it late morning at the Aqua Theater. Extremely well attended...light cocktails and house bubbly you pick up on your way in...no food.

We don't go for the food, or the drinks for that matter anyway....it's just fun to hear the information from the officers and to see who the top cruisers are. It only lasts 45 minutes total, plus on Oasis there is a shortened Aqua show at the end. Fun to attend on a sea day.

Have you been on Oasis lately? They hold it late morning at the Aqua Theater. Extremely well attended...light cocktails and house bubbly you pick up on your way in...no food.

We don't go for the food, or the drinks for that matter anyway....it's just fun to hear the information from the officers and to see who the top cruisers are. It only lasts 45 minutes total, plus on Oasis there is a shortened Aqua show at the end. Fun to attend on a sea day.

Looking forward to Oasis coming to Barcelona next summer.

Looking forward to Oasis coming to Barcelona next summer.

Except I am bummed as I just got used to Oasis, after missing Freedom so much. The DL on Harmony, which is replacing Oasis next year, is just a tiny closet way down in the bilge of deck 4. :( And pricing has gotten crazy on that ship, compared to same cabins on Oasis. :o

Just off EN and found it strange they did a beach event for D+ P and suites on MJ last year but nothing on EN this year. Doesn’t matter but the really consistent inconsistency is very true. ��

That event was really set up and invented by past HD JD (John Denton) who used to be on MJ. He is one of the best...will miss him.

Except I am bummed as I just got used to Oasis, after missing Freedom so much. The DL on Harmony, which is replacing Oasis next year, is just a tiny closet way down in the bilge of deck 4. :( And pricing has gotten crazy on that ship, compared to same cabins on Oasis. :o
As a DS I will send her back at the end of September.

The ports are great so you wouldn't be disappointed if you sailed from Barcelona.

The 7 night sailings are the same from May through end of September.

I hope they don't change Oasis because I agree after 3 cruises on Harmony in 2016 the DL was miniscule in size and the location was horrendous.

As a DS I will send her back at the end of September.

The ports are great so you wouldn't be disappointed if you sailed from Barcelona.

The 7 night sailings are the same from May through end of September.

I hope they don't change Oasis because I agree after 3 cruises on Harmony in 2016 the DL was miniscule in size and the location was horrendous.

We have three upcoming last cruises on Oasis before she relocates to Miami. Probably won't cruise on her again. No sense for us driving down to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale to board the same class of ship doing the same route as what we have local here in PC. :o

With the pricing what it is on Harmony, however, unless it starts to come down to more comparable to what Oasis offers....we may be driving to Tampa more often. :o

I was on the Jewel two different cruises last year and the top tier parties only included champagne with no food whatsoever. Was on the Freedom this year and they had the event at 10:30 am. No food at that one either. I must say they do a great deal better at this type party on other lines.

My point was that other lines treat the top tier event more as a festive cocktail party--they don't hold it at 10:30 am. Who wants to go then? Perhaps that is the point.

Agree. Love the ones on Carnival.

I don't bother to go to the ones on Royal. Seems like only the Pinnacles attend.

We sailed on the Infinity (Celebrity) September and our top tier event was at 1:00 PM. Servers walking around with different petit fours. Our preference is have Celebrity and RC do the event in the early evening. Maybe around 5:00 PM. We're doing a B2B cruise on the Freedom March 2019. Yikes 10:30 AM! :rolleyes:

I don't bother to go to the ones on Royal. Seems like only the Pinnacles attend.

Not the case on our B2B cruise on the Jewel March/April 2017 or any of our RC sailings (no matter the ship or sailing). All have been well attended by other top tier level members.

Edited by davekathy

Then the room would be empty but for a handful. :confused:

A couple hundred of Platinum and above were in attendance at last Oasis cruise we did. Hard to find a seat available in the entire large viewing area of Aqua Theater.

If you don't go, how do you know that only Pinnacles attend?

On our recent Oasis cruise, the aquatheater was probably 2/3 full during the top tier event. Unfortunately, instead of doing the short show they usually do before the Captain speaks, the CD talked about the behind the scenes things that happen.

We sailed on the Infinity (Celebrity) September and our top tier event was at 1:00 PM. Servers walking around with different petit fours. Our preference is have Celebrity and RC do the event in the early evening. Maybe around 5:00 PM. We're doing a B2B cruise on the Freedom March 2019. Yikes 10:30 AM! :rolleyes:

Which one was it that did it on the heliport? Can't remember, but knew that was interesting during cocktail hour time in the heat on formal night! :eek:

We have three upcoming last cruises on Oasis before she relocates to Miami. Probably won't cruise on her again. No sense for us driving down to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale to board the same class of ship doing the same route as what we have local here in PC. :o

With the pricing what it is on Harmony, however, unless it starts to come down to more comparable to what Oasis offers....we may be driving to Tampa more often. :o

Wow I hope your 3 cruises are awesome.

It must be fantastic having a RC homeport so close to home.

We have the Port of Tyne ( Newcastle) 15 minutes from us which Marella Discovery ( Splendour) homeported this summer plus Fred Olsen and MSC Magnifica also homeported here.IMG_20180908_164318.thumb.jpg.9f660bea38dea477c723551a5be36265.jpg

IMG_20180908_164331.thumb.jpg.8337d697556177e22347a8a61a15a06c.jpg

We have the Port of Tyne ( Newcastle) 15 minutes from us which Marella Discovery ( Splendour) homeported this summer plus Fred Olsen and MSC Magnifica also homeported here.[ATTACH]428726[/ATTACH][ATTACH]428727[/ATTACH]

For RC we have to fly to Southampton which is the nearest port around 375 miles away.

The top three cruisers and Pinnacles usually always have reserved seating up front with their names on placs on the tables. Also the officers will inform and ask those cruisers in advance to attend.

Oh, I'm not talking about them! I love to see those people! Actually, I hope to BE one of those people some day … I have been one of them on a few HAL cruises, but we are still working our way up to Diamond Plus on Royal. I think one more cruise will do it!

We have the Port of Tyne ( Newcastle) 15 minutes from us which Marella Discovery ( Splendour) homeported this summer plus Fred Olsen and MSC Magnifica also homeported here.[ATTACH]428726[/ATTACH][ATTACH]428727[/ATTACH]

Thanks! Looking forward to our cruising season again.

Nice looking ship :D...and even more beautiful photo of Pauline...as usual. :)

Oh, I'm not talking about them! I love to see those people! Actually, I hope to BE one of those people some day … I have been one of them on a few HAL cruises, but we are still working our way up to Diamond Plus on Royal. I think one more cruise will do it!

Congrats in advance to becoming D+. :) Lots of nice perks at that level. :cool:

For us it was on the Jewel. My wife wasn't to impressed. Hot and breezy.

Yeah, me too. It was around 90 degrees, humid, and there we all were in our formal attire..sweating our butts off in the sun around 4 pm...yuck! Will skip that one if a ship offers that again on a formal night. :o:eek: