Top Tier Event status fleetwide

Scotty G

We are on Enchantment second leg of a B2B. There is no Top Tier event. We were on Majesty in June and there was one.

Are these now a thing of the past? RCI chopping away at perks we have become used to?

Any current feedback from others?

Not held on Enchantment this summer, but had the party on a recent Oasis cruise. Very well attended on Oasis.

Had one scheduled for five night Majesty cruise in July, but it was at 7:30 in the evening. Most people were at dinner or the show. It was very poorly attended.

M

A party held for crown and anchor platinum and above cruisers. It usually involves some cocktails, sometimes some hors d’oeuvres, often officers will be there and the loyalty ambassador and next cruise rep will speak.

M

Often the party is on too early sometimes 5.30 or 6.30 pm so we just give it a miss and go to the DL/CL around 7pm when we are dressed for the evening.

We are on Enchantment second leg of a B2B. There is no Top Tier event. We were on Majesty in June and there was one.

Are these now a thing of the past? RCI chopping away at perks we have become used to?

Any current feedback from others?

Sorry to go off topic.. but since you are on EN... did you make Coco both cruises? I board on Monday, and looking forward to that port.

I’m on Anthem for 5 nights and there was an invitation in my cabin when I arrived.

If I had to guess, I would say that the elimination is happening on ships that ONLY do short cruises, as opposed to ships that do them occasionally, mixed in with mostly longer cruises.

:)

A party held for crown and anchor platinum and above cruisers. It usually involves some cocktails, sometimes some hors d’oeuvres, often officers will be there and the loyalty ambassador and next cruise rep will speak.

M

Ohhh, sounds this is the replacement of the old "C&A welcome back party"...

For a while sailings would have both of those parties, the "welcome back party" was simply discontinued.

Yeah at one time would have 4 different parties(inc CC's) on a 7 nite. Was little much...

Even less then 20yrs ago most you'd have was 6-10 Diamond's on the newest ships, back when that was highest Tier. Defiantly more intimate gathering's, the few of us sitting with Captain, Cruise Director, Doctor, Chief Engineer, Hotel Head, but was mandatory Suit and Tie...

I agree it was fun while it lasted.

And we don't get the second gift bottle of wine on shorter cruises either...total bummer. :o And can't remember about meal with an officer on the shorter ones either.

Ian?

Disappointing though with getting rid of the Upper Tier...was always fun to see who was top three cruisers. And a nice way to receive crystal block too.

And we don't get the second gift bottle of wine on shorter cruises either...total bummer. :o And can't remember about meal with an officer on the shorter ones either.

Disappointing though with getting rid of the Upper Tier...was always fun to see who was top three cruisers. And a nice way to receive crystal block too.

Second or third!

Surprisingly, we had a meal ( Lunch) with an officer on a 5 night Majesty/Cuba cruise this past July. We were 2nd highest cruiser and are still D+. There was one Pinnacle. There were only 2 tables and we had mostly senior officers, We had the Captain, HD, F&B Manager and if I recall, the LA.

We sailed Enchantment this past June and August and there was no party. The top cruiser is recognized at the Captain's welcome reception held in the Centrum. Other Pinnacle cruisers have reserved seating in the centrum .

We will soon turn Pinnacle on Enchantment, and since there is no high tier party, I am told there is no new Pinnacle recognition. OK by me, Ill be happy to finally get there.

M

It's not really that big a deal, although as grapau27 pointed out, it's always interesting to see who are the cruisers with the most days. At most of the ones we have attended there have always been a few people who plant themselves by the most senior officers/staff they can find and never let anyone else get a chance to speak.

Love the rum punch when it's available, the wine served is usually not very good.

We no longer go out of our way to attend.

Second or third!

Surprisingly, we had a meal ( Lunch) with an officer on a 5 night Majesty/Cuba cruise this past July. We were 2nd highest cruiser and are still D+. There was one Pinnacle. There were only 2 tables and we had mostly senior officers, We had the Captain, HD, F&B Manager and if I recall, the LA.

We sailed Enchantment this past June and August and there was no party. The top cruiser is recognized at the Captain's welcome reception held in the Centrum. Other Pinnacle cruisers have reserved seating in the centrum .

We will soon turn Pinnacle on Enchantment, and since there is no high tier party, I am told there is no new Pinnacle recognition. OK by me, Ill be happy to finally get there.

M

LOL...yeah, I did not expect to get my third bottle on such a short cruise either...but the second one would have been nice on a four night. ;)

One time on Radiance (Alaska) we were 2nd highest cruiser, they still did the top tier party, but of course was also a 7 night cruise. They did not do the regular meal with an officer, since there were only about 5 of us over 350 points...we were all invited to Chops as top three cruiser couples for dinner though. Very nice!

Congrats on turning Pineapple on EN :D...love that little ship:hearteyes:. Sad to see her go, have booked one last cruise with her on her all too brief revisit to PC.

It's not really that big a deal, although as grapau27 pointed out, it's always interesting to see who are the cruisers with the most days. At most of the ones we have attended there have always been a few people who plant themselves by the most senior officers/staff they can find and never let anyone else get a chance to speak.

Love the rum punch when it's available, the wine served is usually not very good.

We no longer go out of our way to attend.

The top three cruisers and Pinnacles usually always have reserved seating up front with their names on placs on the tables. Also the officers will inform and ask those cruisers in advance to attend.

I was on the Jewel two different cruises last year and the top tier parties only included champagne with no food whatsoever. Was on the Freedom this year and they had the event at 10:30 am. No food at that one either. I must say they do a great deal better at this type party on other lines.