LIVE B2B from Harmony 9/22 and 9/29, A Tale of Two Cruises

John&LaLa

Barefoot Beach 3dba5f61c2d68f1a4b4ff2479d60610e.jpg

673f9e0445e5f9fc0cd362601f5847f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the double photo quote, but I find it very interesting. It appears as though there is now an accessible cabana at Barefoot Beach. That’s great.

Thanks for the pictures of Labadee. Columbus Cove doesn't look rocky. Looks so beautiful!

Columbus Cove isn’t rocky at all. Sandy and very nice. If you ride the shuttle to it, they drive you right through the aggressive Seller’s area without stopping. So nice!

I really dont think so.

They are working towards a RCCL loyalty program encompassing all the lines through Silversea. Celebrity folks are going to hate that.

Said we might get points for cruising the other lines as well.

That would be nice. I have sailed a lot on Celebrity. Back to RCI now because of the kids but it would be nice to get points for cruising either one.

I really dont think so.

They are working towards a RCCL loyalty program encompassing all the lines through Silversea. Celebrity folks are going to hate that.

P&O and Princess used to do similar where you got half the Princess points per night added onto your P&O loyalty but no points for Princess loyalty if you sailed P&O.

John looks like there are new loungers at barefoot. Also seems like they finished the over water cabanas they were building last oct on the right side of the barefoot beach as you are looking at the water.

Your pics must have been taken early as I have never seen barefoot that empty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m so enjoying living vicariously through you as I sit here at work. Thank you so much for all the great photos and commentary!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree the photos are outstanding and i really appreciate the commentary that you are sharing.

You both look like you are having a fantastic time.

John looks like there are new loungers at barefoot. Also seems like they finished the over water cabanas they were building last oct on the right side of the barefoot beach as you are looking at the water.

Your pics must have been taken early as I have never seen barefoot that empty.

All of the over-the-water cabanas at Barefoot Beach that were damaged in last year's hurricane have been repaired.

mac_tlc

Questioning Texans - yeah, we're known for our shyness. ;) Were they asking about Oasis class coming to Galveston? That seems to be the big rumor.

Interesting that he felt people wouldn't like MSC. I've been researching it and overall it's been positive. But we would only do Yacht Club.

Columbus Cove isn’t rocky at all. Sandy and very nice. If you ride the shuttle to it, they drive you right through the aggressive Seller’s area without stopping. So nice!

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been to Labadee since 2012 and don't remember much but it was HOT! :)

If anyone can answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

Which is quicker, taking the ferry or riding the shuttle to Columbus Cove?

Does this beach area get crowded? Wondering if I need to rush off the ship to get a good spot.

Do we have to pay for chair rental?

Thanks in advance.

Questioning Texans - yeah, we're known for our shyness. ;) Were they asking about Oasis class coming to Galveston? That seems to be the big rumor.

Interesting that he felt people wouldn't like MSC. I've been researching it and overall it's been positive. But we would only do Yacht Club.

Family and I thoroughly enjoyed our 14 nights on seaside this past july. We enjoyed it so much, that we booked 4 more sailings with MSC. The yacht club deluxe is about the same size as a junior suite on royal. Their royal suite is bigger than a grand suite but smaller than an owners suite. Balcony is fairly large with a hot tub.

For the comparable price of a GS on oasis class, you could sail two weeks in a yacht club deluxe. Might have to make do with a smaller stateroom. The top sail lounge and yc dining room are so much bigger and better than the suite lounge/coastal kitchen setup. YC pool area is head and shoulders above what royal has for their suites.

Deluxe dink package and the pampering you get in lounge from butlers is the cherry on top.

We will still cruise royal as royal still does things well. But now it will take us twice as long to get to P as we will divide our time between the two lines.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

I really dont think so.

That would be a big deal. Can’t imagine what it would take to get everyone’s points correct — assuming it is retroactive. I could see them doing this while changing the points required at the same time for each level. Just me speculating. BTW, lovely pictures. Thank you. Katherine

I really dont think so.

Why would Celebrity folks be upset??

That would be a big deal. Can’t imagine what it would take to get everyone’s points correct — assuming it is retroactive. I could see them doing this while changing the points required at the same time for each level. Just me speculating. BTW, lovely pictures. Thank you. Katherine

Currently points earned on Celebrity and Azamara combine and status reciprocates between RCI, Celebrity and Azamara up through Diamond Level on RCI.

https://insideflyer.com/2015/11/cruise-line-status-match/

Family and I thoroughly enjoyed our 14 nights on seaside this past july. We enjoyed it so much, that we booked 4 more sailings with MSC. The yacht club deluxe is about the same size as a junior suite on royal. Their royal suite is bigger than a grand suite but smaller than an owners suite. Balcony is fairly large with a hot tub.

For the comparable price of a GS on oasis class, you could saila two weeks in a yacht club deluxe. Might have to make do with a smaller stateroom. The top sail lounge and yc dining room are so much bigger and better than the suite lounge/coastal kitchen setup. YC pool area is head and shoulders above what royal has for their suites.

Deluxe dink package and the pampering you get in lounge from butlers is the cherry on top.

We will still cruise royal as royal still does things well. But now it will take us twice as long to get to P as we will divide our time between the two lines.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We got a suite on Costa for two at $2800 on the sailing before Symphony'sTA. New ports as well. Includes a drink package. In fact we have been on Costa twice and really like the atmosphere. They are also the only cruise line that gave us a free upgrade from inside to Balcony. We are looking at options since now we're homeless and live on ships and AirBnBs. It is definitely competitive. We'll be looking at MSC as well.

Why would Celebrity folks be upset??

Currently points earned on Celebrity and Azamara combine and status reciprocates between RCI, Celebrity and Azamara up through Diamond Level on RCI.

https://insideflyer.com/2015/11/cruise-line-status-match/

Celebrity has one of the best loyalty program in the cruise industries.

I don't see why they get upset.

I believed in future Royal Caribbean will copy the point systems of Celebrity so the upper tiers won't get crowd.

Zenith

The height of Captain's Club membership—Zenith—is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the quality benefits and perks this ultimate level of membership deserves, such as access to Michael’s Club Lounge, a beverage package of your choice, complimentary laundry, and anextensive internet package.

I hope our cruising paths cross soon. We have a lot in common as we are semi homeless also by choice.

Very long story for us but we are at our timeshares 44 or so weeks of the year. We stay mostly at timeshares travelling and hotel stays using reward points when timsehares don't work or are unavailable. Then on cruises for about 6 to 8 weeks. We stay at our home here for less than 4 weeks out of the year. Would love to swap stories and exchange ideas.

Been doing the almost full time timeshareing for about a decade. The cruising just the past 4 years.

We got a suite on Costa for two at $2800 on the sailing before Symphony'sTA. New ports as well. Includes a drink package. In fact we have been on Costa twice and really like the atmosphere. They are also the only cruise line that gave us a free upgrade from inside to Balcony. We are looking at options since now we're homeless and live on ships and AirBnBs. It is definitely competitive. We'll be looking at MSC as well.