Magic / Live / Solo / Sep 30-Oct 7 2018

sid_9169

I was up about 6:25 and I was like, nope... I went back to bed for another hour, and had some crazy dreams. I love how the human body can produce and direct masterpieces of art right inside our heads. But, I digress.

Next time the sun comes up we'll be back in Miami. This cruise has been kinda wierd for me. (Almost everything is, but this is a different kind of wierd) I pretty much spent most of my time eating and hanging out at the Alchemy Bar. Not that there's anything wrong with that... I sort of feel like an Alien from outer space. There's all kinds of stuff going on around me, but I'm only there as an observer. Other than the eating and drinking, the only thing that gave me any connection to the real world was sharing my journey with you all... For the most part, I don't even really exist in my home life. I get up, go to work, come home and make dinner and have some drinks... But, other than that, sll I have to look forward to is the next adventure. That is still a couple of months away, but I have already been researching the ship and my port activities. It gives me something to do other than the mundane functions of daily life...

Anyhoo, here's to a great last day of the cruise for me...

IMG_20181006_075427.thumb.jpg.1f4e5b4fc5d0a47e95022837f2a56bcb.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169.1

IMG_20181006_074458.thumb.jpg.6c239bcf15afb0e2a86953f2ef56811d.jpg

IMG_20181006_074517.thumb.jpg.a69229f1dea0aa43d61042a809d3dcec.jpg

I figured that I needed to get out and live a little, so I had cheese in my omelette today. And bacon on the side...

IMG_20181006_081049.thumb.jpg.a90358a2c240adaf77ce43e9bf64d079.jpg

I went out and scouted for chogs, but couldn't hardly find any. I assume that they're all still sleeping.

IMG_20181006_082041.thumb.jpg.2078cb1b1c264793b366422f85ba4e25.jpg

IMG_20181006_082351.thumb.jpg.3ed1f7809ad33a75bc3012d21f7acc4a.jpg

MVIMG_20181006_082253.thumb.jpg.c0c0b0751d14728bfd2f832a13002d95.jpg

MVIMG_20181006_080744.thumb.jpg.e1f3342617005cddb1fc8221b858c426.jpg

I just stumbled across the smoking section above the pool deck. Won't do that again...

I'm out just having a little walk around, trying to soak up the last day before my return to reality...

IMG_20181006_084516.thumb.jpg.5e5d709e9049cf3ded792a7e1323b44e.jpg

IMG_20181006_080705.thumb.jpg.64f3e37ae444b3151cbfbbef2e30a988.jpg

MVIMG_20181006_084301.thumb.jpg.3084557adff076d76b5588db78ee344a.jpg

The sad part of the story has officially begun... Enthusiasm for the thread seems to be waning, and the last full day is in swing. I've decided not to go to the MDR tonight. Just the thought of having to argue with that pushy waiter is giving me the heebeejeebees...

My plan for the day is lunch at the tandoor. The very hairy chest competition soon after. Then maybe some sunning and day drinking. I'm probably going to have dinner at Guy's burgers around 5:30 before they close. Then, likely more drinking at Alchemy until it's time to get everything ready for debarkation early tomorrow...

MVIMG_20181006_100320.thumb.jpg.2b2ac8f42738a1ea090d1d205bddd127.jpg

Welcome back. Glad you’ve got your next cruise in two months to count down to. Having that future cruise is always a nice thing. Then consuming your time in between each cruise reading reviews and cruise YouTube videos on all and any ship no matter the cruise line really helps bide the time.

Thanks for taking us along with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

UGGHHHH - hate the last day. I enjoy planning so much that sometimes I think the anticipation is as much fun as the cruise itself. Good news for you is that you have an upcoming cruise to plan for. I usually have a year or two between.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation to share with us. You've connected with everyone that has been following along. I lost my husband 5 years ago to lung cancer when he was 53. Fortunately, we had been able to go on 8 cruises together. I have gone on a few cruises since then with family members but it is not the same. Your reviews have helped me decide that I can do this on my own and I think I may even branch out and try NCL.

Please enjoy your last day. Try a new drink (or is there anything left that would be new to you ? :) - Another new concept I got from your review - pack first thing and get it over. I dread it, procrastinate all day and then have to scramble and stuff everything together at the last minute.

• Like 1

I, like you, am depressed on the last day but do try and make the best of it and enjoy your day! I am surprised they don't have towel animals on all the lido deck chairs around the pool area on your last sea day!

Marsha

Maybe that was yesterday, I didn't go up there before heading out into Cozumel.

It’s been fun following you live; thank you for generously sharing your trips with us. Glad you have another in a couple of months to look forward to. Get that packing done early and live it up this last day!

• Like 1

I have to say I read a lot of reviews, I love the fact ur so honest and open. We all have that feeling, what am I doing with my life. You are not alone.
It's the only way I know... Thanks for following along...

Thanks to all of you who have been following along in this adventure... There have been ups. There have been downs. I really appreciate all of you who have commented along the way. It's like you're all here with me in my lonely world... As usual, I will personally thank each and every one of you when I get home... I actually have to work tomorrow after I get home from the cruise. I literally will be taking the subway straight from the airport to work. Talk about a rough landing. I'm going to try to get the most enjoyment out of my final day. Tandoor is opening soon, and after that I suppose the drinking will commence.

Until then...

Very enjoyable review, especially when you venture out to areas of ports.

Totally understand the post cruise depression and the work situation....walked in those shoes for many years.

There is hope....its called retirement......it opens up a whole new world no using vacation time to cruise. We leave on our 1st ever 14 day cruise on Breeze Nov 3rd.....hang in there things will get better!

• Like 1

Once again, really enjoying your review. I agree with others that you would be an awesome travel blogger!

I can sympathize with you regarding hating your job. I worked 20+ years in a job I hated. I made it my second full time job to look for something else and can happily say I have worked now for 6 years in a job I love! So there can be light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

Thanks again for including all of us on your adventure!

• Like 1