First Time Elite...

mikjr

If I ever become elite I will definitely use the elite line at the service desk. Why wait in a long line if you've earned the privilege of a shorter line?

One reason is if the one person who handles the elite/suite/CC line is on a time consuming problem, the regular line may be quicker no matter how long it is.

I'm interested in using the laundry service... I assume a tip is appropriate?

thanks!

There is no real way to tip per service. You leave the bag(s) in your cabin when you leave. They are picked up by the cabin steward when your are not there. Your laundry is returned most of the time when you are not there. If you like the service tip the cabin steward extra at the end of the cruise.

If I ever become elite I will definitely use the elite line at the service desk. Why wait in a long line if you've earned the privilege of a shorter line? Anyone who doesn't like it can go butt a stump. Not elite yet, but working on it, & will enjoy the perks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I sailed on the Golden Princess in a Window Suite for my, so far, only cruise. I had no problem using the Suite & Elite line at the Service Desk when I needed to, I paid for solo occupancy of a Suite so accepted the line was a perk if needed. I'd enjoyed the PES function, and the breakfast at Sabatinis, and I still use the pen and card wallet I received when I got to my suite. Very handy size of pen to put in my purse so I always have a pen with me. :D:D

One reason is if the one person who handles the elite/suite/CC line is on a time consuming problem, the regular line may be quicker no matter how long it is.

Quite often I see one of the crew handling the regular line taking the next Elite passenger if the dedicated Elite crewmember is busy

And also on disembarkation the Elite lounge usually gets very full so we just chill in the buffet until our time.

At Embarkation it can vary so we just pick the shortest line.

Really really need to make it 500 days plus for these perks.

Whats the point of an exclusive club is nearly everyone is a member?

Butt a Stump? I became elite on my last cruise and have cruised in suites several times but have never used that line. I can wait in line like everyone else.

Best perks are the free mini bar and laundry!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this statement. You take advantage of some of your Elite perks but not others? If you can "wait in line like everyone else," why are you not in the laundry room like everyone else?

I was a first-time Elite on our recent Regal Transatlantic. I took advantage of the Elite perks because, well, I was eligible. Not because I was better than anyone else.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this statement. You take advantage of some of your Elite perks but not others? If you can "wait in line like everyone else," why are you not in the laundry room like everyone else?

I was a first-time Elite on our recent Regal Transatlantic. I took advantage of the Elite perks because, well, I was eligible. Not because I was better than anyone else.

You will find that from time to time when you are served first at Passenger Services you will receive verbal abuse or at least hostile stares from passengers in the regular line who do not understand how the system works.

Some of those passengers don't speak English so its pointless trying to explain to them.

As you were on Regal Transatlantic with us you will know that a significant proportion of passengers did not have English as their first language.

Laundry is quite a different perk and one which is between you and your cabin steward, your absence in the laundromat will not be apparent to any other passenger unless you tell them yourself and flaunt your status.

Personally I behave like Dad - and keep Mum about it.

They provide a bottle opener. If I recall, it’s Dos Equis beer. Not sure you have a choice on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can exchange it for other beers like Budweiser or Heineken etc. As stated previously, you can exchange any liquor / beer for another liquor / beer one for one basis

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hate to say it but elite is so common now ——some of being elite is you are not. I just got off the Royal where there close to a thousand of us elite. The Captain said that he recalled several years ago having drinks around a table with 20-25. Not too easy with a thousand.

"You can exchange it for other beers like Budweiser or Heineken etc. As stated previously, you can exchange any liquor / beer for another liquor / beer one for one basis"

Hit and miss whether you can exchange the Dos Equis beer for another brand. Most times they will let you exchange for Coors Light or Miller Genuine Draft, but not always. I have never been able to exchange for any other brands.

Hate to say it but elite is so common now ——some of being elite is you are not. I just got off the Royal where there close to a thousand of us elite. The Captain said that he recalled several years ago having drinks around a table with 20-25. Not too easy with a thousand.

At a recent MTP lunch on Regal Transatlantic the cutoff was about 530 days.

So between 20 and 40 passengers - allowing for the odd few guests who went with their partners but were not themselves otherwise entitled - had over 530 days.

So if a SuperElite category were to be introduced it would have to be at least at the level of 500 days to get numbers down to something reasonable.

Maybe 1000 days would be better?

Maybe it would include free wheelchair servicing on board ?

I take full advantage of any perk that make my life easier.

My tip on laundry, underware/t-shirts, socks can go to the laundry. Everything else gets cleaned, never put cotton shirts, or jeans in the laundry unless you want to give them to small kids.

We do stop and help the 1st day wanderers with glazed over eyes. Many times they are within 20 feet of what they are looking for.

Don't forget to try room service it free. Lunch can be delivered to your balcony. If it's a nice day with little wind I prefer it to HC. Breakfast, if you use the card the night before just write what you want. I've never been told no or they can't do that. You can also use the online order app for breakfast just put what you want that's not listed in the note or comment section. I always tip $3.00 cash on a delivery.

You have fun in Oct. I have to wait till Jan 2019.

framer