First Time Elite...

mikjr

We'll be on the Star to Hawaii in October. This will be our first cruise as ELITE passengers.

Besides what is already in the Captains Circle page... are there any Tips or Hints for Elite PAXS??

I'm interested in using the laundry service... I assume a tip is appropriate?

thanks!

We'll be on the Star to Hawaii in October. This will be our first cruise as ELITE passengers.

Besides what is already in the Captains Circle page... are there any Tips or Hints for Elite PAXS??

thanks!

Its your cabin steward who collects/delivers the laundry.

I believe the laundry guys as well as your cabin steward benefit from the daily auto gratuity so no need to tip separately but no doubt its always welcome.

You will never meet the laundry guy.

My hints for Elite passengers is to not flaunt it. I don't even join the Elite/Suite line at passengers services any more after receiving adverse comments.

And I hide the black side of my card in my lanyard case so no one sees it.

After over 60 cruises as Elite I have kinda got over the novelty...………...

thanks!

Umm, no - it's not normal to tip for laundry service. Who would you even give it to?

You can swap out your mini-bar if you like, for two coffee packages, one bottle of wine, all water or soda, or swap the alcohol for other alcohol on a one to one basis..

Afternoon tea in the cabin is wonderful, has to be ordered in advance, something like 4 or 6 hours beforehand, can't be done spur of the moment.

Enjoy.

thanks!

No limit on laundry. Send as many bags as frequently as you like. Although we have never had an issue, avoid sending really delicate items.

If you want to trade items on your mini bar, you can. Alcoholic for alcoholic or non-alcoholic, non-alcoholic for non- alcoholic. Call room service for exchanges.

Tender in Maui - Most likely you will be required to report to the tender ticket location. Once there you will be placed in the next group out.

You will automatically receive 10% off in shops, even at the $10 sale.

Wine Tasting. You will probably enjoy it. We have gone in the past, but now it's off our to do list.

Everything else you already know.

Its your cabin steward who collects/delivers the laundry.

I believe the laundry guys as well as your cabin steward benefit from the daily auto gratuity so no need to tip separately but no doubt its always welcome.

You will never meet the laundry guy.

My hints for Elite passengers is to not flaunt it. I don't even join the Elite/Suite line at passengers services any more after receiving adverse comments.

And I hide the black side of my card in my lanyard case so no one sees it.

After over 60 cruises as Elite I have kinda got over the novelty...………...

Why not? You earned it!!!

Afternoon tea in the cabin is wonderful, has to be ordered in advance, something like 4 or 6 hours beforehand, can't be done spur of the moment.

Enjoy.

I might do the tea for the first time and have it on the balcony.

Do you call room service?

Say you are Elite and want the afternoon tea for one or two?

What is in the afternoon tea?

If I ever become elite I will definitely use the elite line at the service desk. Why wait in a long line if you've earned the privilege of a shorter line? Anyone who doesn't like it can go butt a stump. Not elite yet, but working on it, & will enjoy the perks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Even though you had access to it as a Platinum member, the Platinum/Elite lounge is lovely to go to... likely located up in Skywalkers. Also, don't forget about the free internet :)

If you plan on spending money in the shops, consider doing so in the first couple of days on board - they often run a 10% off special for purchases of $100 or more, or 10% off the purchase of two bottles of liquor... you get an extra 10% off on top of that as an elite.

If I ever become elite I will definitely use the elite line at the service desk. Why wait in a long line if you've earned the privilege of a shorter line? Anyone who doesn't like it can go butt a stump. Not elite yet, but working on it, & will enjoy the perks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Butt a Stump? I became elite on my last cruise and have cruised in suites several times but have never used that line. I can wait in line like everyone else.

Best perks are the free mini bar and laundry!

Afternoon Tea

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least six hours prior to the desired delivery time.

question, if we trade for beer, do they provide bottle opener? or should we bring one ?

thanks.

We bring our own but if you do not then ask for an opener which they will gladly provide. As you probably know you can trade all the small bottles of liquor for cans of beer on a one to one basis.

As for free laundry, it is collected in the morning by your cabin steward and returned in the evening. However lately it seems a 3 day turn around so plan accordingly. Don't send delicate garments or anything you would be sad to lose. We have had tshirts lost in the past. Always take a picture of the laundry slip and the articles of clothing just in case.

We do use the elite privileges such as the special line at the PSD, check-in in the terminal and tendering first. While I do not show my black card as I keep it in my packet until it is needed and then return it immediately.

Last cruise they had the elite meet in the Explorer Lounge for tender tickets while the rest of the pax went to the MDR. They then took us in groups to the tender loading area. Depending on the number of elite, you may meet in another location for elite only.

Don't forget the free internet minutes depending on the length of the cruise. That benefit is for all elite which generally means twice the time for a couple in a cabin. I use my minutes and the DW's minutes as well.

unless the OP has previous P & O cruises counted on Princess, hopefully they have been well aware of the free internet minutes for the last 10 cruises at the Platinum level...and unless something has changed...aren't they the same at the elite level???:confused:

and with our 300 total minutes as Platinum level. I use about 10-15 minutes and my wife the rest

We called the night before but they said we could call the morning of if it was before 10 am. We ordered for two, but what they brought was enough for more than two for sure. These photos are from last month on the Caribbean Princess.

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

Downloads.jpg

I always use the Elite/Suite line at passenger services, laundry service is good but return time will differ depending on how many elites are on board.. For items that you would normally dry clean be careful the "cleaning" service is not the same as on land. Also they have on occasion washed by cleaning bad and shrunk some sweaters (they did reimburse me however even took my word on how much I paid. As far as tenders we never get a ticket and just get into the end of the current tender line and show our elite cards when we get to security - never had a problem

Not a lot of worthwhile perks, so use that line at the Passenger Services Desk, and use the priority tender service (only for leaving the ship).

Afternoon tea? Why would I want to sit around in my cabin waiting for Room Service to deliver it? I can go to the buffet and grab whatever I want without waiting! And eating on the balcony isn't worth it. My daughter got us the balcony breakfast one cruise, and I never told her that we did not use it. I much prefer the main dining room or the Horizon Court.

The lounge? What a joke!

I do like the internet minutes -- I like to make sure there are no emergencies at home or work.

As for free laundry, it is collected in the morning by your cabin steward and returned in the evening. .

Don't forget the free internet minutes depending on the length of the cruise.

Since 2010 we never had laundry returned the same day. It's always the next day or longer depending on how many elites are on board.

Comp. internet begins with Platinum, not Elite.

I think because I believe Pride goes before a fall, and at my age and so on I can't afford any falls or it will be the end of cruising.

A fall at any age is not good. I don't hide anything. I figure the "elite" status costs us some big bucks. Princess gives the perks to those who are loyal or good customers. I don't wear my S&S card around my neck, I do get in the elite line at the pursers desk, and I do take advantage of the debarkation and embarkation perks. IMHO, it's not that big of a deal to us. We don't even use the free laundry. DH likes the mini bar setup. The bag of spa toiletries is nice, I give them to my daughter or DIL. Soon Princess will offer up "pay to play," kinda like what Carnival does, Faster to the Fun (I call it Faster to Your Wallet). We also give our free wine tasting away too, and the beer from the mini bar.

Same-day laundry (with a check box labeled "Presto") is complimentary for suite passengers if picked up by 9 a.m. Elite laundry is next day--or several days later, depending on how many Elite passengers there are. On our trans-Atlantic earlier this month, with over 900 Elites, we had note in the cabin to let us know it would take 72 hours. Most of the time it did. It came back in 48 hours once and 96 hours once.

We had a bottle opener with our minibar setup. I gave away my beers, though, to one of our trivia teammates.

thanks!

No additional tip to your cabin steward is needed for this service.

We do tip our steward extra for "total" services.

Enjoy being Elite ... just keep in mind you will only be some of many who are Elite on your sailing.