Aqua Class Noise

rollie

We're thinking about booking our first Aqua Class cabin. For those that have sailed in them before, are there problems with noise from the deck above. Are there cabins to avoid. Thanks.

Rollie

We have sailed in a variety of A1 and A2 cabins over the years on several of the S-class ships. The only ones we actively avoid are the ones directly under the gym as they seem to have the most complaints about noise in the sticky. Otherwise we have never really had much of an issue outside of the occasional sound.

Which ship?

Whatever rooms you are considering, please consult the spreadsheets, posted as stickies, above.

Sorry, we have a C2 cabin on the Equinox, thinking about upgrading. We’re just a bit worried about the pool deck and spa on the deck above.

Rollie

We're thinking about booking our first Aqua Class cabin. For those that have sailed in them before, are there problems with noise from the deck above. Are there cabins to avoid. Thanks.

Rollie

We are A1 on Nov. 3 Silhouette sailing and I asked my TA about that too. She said she’s never had any complaints or neg. feedback. We are on deck 11 butunder the hot tub area from deck12.

We have booked Aqua on S-Class ships quite a few times. Our personal rule is quite simple. We avoid the cabins directly under the pool deck, near the gym, or any other public area. Our personal preference are the A2 Cabins aft of the pool deck that have a buffer of passenger cabins above, below and around. Another reason we dislike those A1 Cabins under the pool deck is that the balconies are covered by a huge shadow (and structure) created by the large overhang immediately above. The A2 cabins aft of the pool deck have an additional passenger deck between them and the overhang.

Hank

I have sailed in many A1 cabins on the S-class ships. We are always on deck 11 midship and never have any problems. Once in awhile you might hear the chairs being moved on the pool deck during the early morning but that’s only if your balcony door is open or you are sitting in your balcony. Otherwise no problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a B2B on the Silhouette, in an Aqua and it was under the Solarium. We have done many cruises on S class ships, and have never heard any noise when going through it at night. On the B2B they did the Silent Disco in there both weeks. It sounded like a herd of buffalo stampeding over our head, making sleep impossible. When I went up there to see what all the noise was,and I wasn’t the only one. I was told there were activities all over the ship that made noise. I agreed but said the were in areas designed for the noise and everybody was aware. She just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. The front desk referred me to the cruise director and he couldn’t care less. Just what I expected. I didn’t expect any compensation, just some understanding or maybe an apology.

Don’t bother giving me the “many more people enjoyed in so the inconvience of a couple of dozen made it acceptable” crap.

Which ship?

Whatever rooms you are considering, please consult the spreadsheets, posted as stickies, above.

sorry, I am having trouble locating this "sticky " how do i find these spreadsheets?

Another vote for the A2 cabins aft of the aft elevators. Not only do we like the location from a noise standpoint it is very handy for the dining venues. And then we get our work out when we walk to the Sky Lounge for HH!! :) LuAnn

We did a B2B on the Silhouette, in an Aqua and it was under the Solarium. We have done many cruises on S class ships, and have never heard any noise when going through it at night. On the B2B they did the Silent Disco in there both weeks. It sounded like a herd of buffalo stampeding over our head, making sleep impossible. When I went up there to see what all the noise was,and I wasn’t the only one. I was told there were activities all over the ship that made noise. I agreed but said the were in areas designed for the noise and everybody was aware. She just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. The front desk referred me to the cruise director and he couldn’t care less. Just what I expected. I didn’t expect any compensation, just some understanding or maybe an apology.

Don’t bother giving me the “many more people enjoyed in so the inconvience of a couple of dozen made it acceptable” crap.

We had exactly the same experience in #1547 on Equinox. DH was not well at the time and we had retired about 10. The "elephants" began at 11 and woke us both up. We also went up to see what was going on and got the same reception as you. I guess when Silent Disco is so popular, a few old fogies complaining means nothing. We were kept awake that night well past 1AM as they were dragging all the furniture into place again. We also complained to GR and got a call 2 days later to say "sorry". We were hoping they would promise not to have it there again. It is really thoughtless to schedule a late night noisy activity like that above peoples' cabins.

How many hours did the “Silent” Disco go on? Did it occur every night? Have never been to one but tried once and it was too crowded to participate. We avoid cabins underneath the Solarium because of the movement of chairs early each morning. Only made the mistake once. Now we have the Disco to worry about!

How many hours did the “Silent” Disco go on? Did it occur every night? Have never been to one but tried once and it was too crowded to participate. We avoid cabins underneath the Solarium because of the movement of chairs early each morning. Only made the mistake once. Now we have the Disco to worry about!

Like the other poster said, 11pm to 1am. They usually have it once a cruise and on all the other cruises we went on it was held in the Atrium, by the Martini Bar. We never noticed the chair moving, but we are usually up pretty early anyway.

Our last A1 was mid ship below the pool deck on the hump on Reflection. No noise problems at all and very convenient to elevators. Several nights there were parties on the pool deck. We heard nothing in the cabin and could hear the music if on the balcony. When we closed the balcony doors we didn't hear a thing. I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat! We loved the oversized balcony.

Any time we have sailed with an AQ cabin under the pool deck we have had noise at times. The biggest issue was sailing warm weather cruises with multiple deck parties above us (we were very mid-ship and right under where the band played). The noise in the mid-ship location on those nights was awful until around midnight. Not only could you hear the music, but the thump, thump, thump of the drums/base was awful. I couldn't even sleep with a pillow over my head as the noise reverberated throughout the cabin. We are early to bed; early to rise people. If we were late night partiers it would not have been so bad. There is also some chair moving noise early in the morning, but we did not find that nearly as disturbing as the music.

It is my opinion (shared by many) that they created Aqua Class specifically to make cabins in less desirable locations more desirable. Many of the AQ cabins are in locations with noise or other issues. That said, we love Aqua Class (for Blu in particular) and sail it whenever we can (as opposed to lower level cabins - would love suites but pricing these days is beyond our comfort level)