New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

If you go edit your signature you will find some stricter new rules.  Made mine much more compact since there is unavoidable line spacing now.

I think the text color is still too light, and I can see it is set to the darkest black already.  Stinks.

Edited by PelicanBill
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

I don't seem to have that Theme...just Privacy Policy and Contact us at the bottom for me 😞 

i managed to change the theme like the poster suggested. it is now more readable.

but 15 min later, that option no longer shows up at the bottom of the screen???

i guess i got lucky but why was that option nuked?

27 minutes ago, NurseJEB said:

I'm the new girl here, was referred over from another site.  I like the concept of this place a lot.  Being able to communicate with other cruise fans is great....

Welcome! Please don't be worried if you see a lot of complaining for a while... change is hard...  when it settles out you will find this to be a great community for cruise discussions.  When you have one scheduled, join the roll call to talk with your cruise mates ahead and share planning ideas.  

2 minutes ago, NurseJEB said:

Maybe someone can post the actual URL to the change theme for those of us who do not have that in the page footer?  🙂

it seems the site has removed the theme setting just as we found it and we are all bounced back to the unreadable light text.  I hope they get the message loud and clear.  This isn't acceptable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

I don't have the Theme thing either. Just Privacy and Contact.

Very hard to reach and everything is taking a long time to load.

Pent up demand - I expected things to be slow today.  Be patient, things will get back to normal in a few days.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Pent up demand - I expected things to be slow today.  Be patient, things will get back to normal in a few days.

I question whether they ever got back to “normal” after the last skin update.

It didn’t for me.  I switched to the app.  

• Like 1

They took the theme switcher away, and reverted my screen to the unreadable light grey text on white. 

I need to check and do the math, but I believe the light grey text on white violates the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 issued by the W3C. They should maintain a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 over a white background.

Terrible basic type. The stroke is too thin and the kerning of the letters is too tight. Not a great font for trying to read lol

Terrible basic type. The stroke is too thin and the kerning of the letters is too tight. Not a great font for trying to read lol

Not until you set the font size to 16 or 18pt does it get better

Edited by Laszlo

I work in the software world, and CC made lots and lots of changes in just under a week. That's a big undertaking -- and they may not have had any time/probably didn't test those changes with users to check out what their experience will be before releasing to the masses. There are definite bugs and kinks to be worked out, and I'm sure they'll get feedback from many of us.

So far, the scrolling to the board is one of the things I'm not a fan of. The text is a bit narrow and light and harder to read on a white background, too, and the double-spacing in signatures/restrictions is a bit much. I miss the click-arrow that takes you to the top of the page in a long thread, too. I like the markup options, the extra white space, that we can like/favorite comments, and that you can disable seeing others' signatures. Seems like people can now message each other, too? Unless I'm misunderstanding that.

Like any major software update, it'll just take time to get used to how things function and figure out where everything is.

Edited by dolita22

Also some people's signatures can be so dang long that it needlessly expands the posts and lengthens pages which makes scrolling down more tedious. I liked when you needed to expand signatures if you wanted to see them in full. 

It appears the formatting has been changed to optimize the phone application. That being said, if you are using CruiseCritic via desktop, it may help to use the  Control +/- function to zoom in and out to view larger text.

You can also submit feedback to CruiseCritic via the 'Report Bugs and Glitches' tab.