Welcome post says signatures didn't change but restrictions added

Laura's welcome posts lists signatures as an item not changing.  However, when I went to try to fix all of the blank lines added to mine, I noted a restriction of 6 lines maximum.  Was this supposed to be implemented?  If so, please modify the welcome post.

To fix the signature go to your Cruise Critic user name in the top right.  Click on the drop-down arrow next to the CC User Name and select "Account Settings."   In the left-hand column you will have the option to edit your signature.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

How do you get to your signature to edit it?  I couldn't even find that option.  Mine has a bunch of blank lines too.

Signatures are under Account Settings. Click your user name at the upper right mod any page, then Account Settings, then Signature is one of the options on the left side of the next screen.

Just now, CruisinCrow said:

Thanks.  Found my signature and got rid of all the blank lines that were added. :classic_dry:

Most of my problem doesn't seem to be blank lines, but extra space between lines that I couldn't edit. (I couldn't find a line spacing option anywhere.) And, since my signature is non-compliant (2 pictures - countdown clocks) as well as 5 lines of text it wouldn't let me save my edited version. I think that I will wait a bit until after my next cruise when I can get rid of one countdown clock.

Actually, it's kind of funny - signatures didn't change, but if you want to edit your signature, only then are the new restrictions imposed. So the three countdowns in my signature are now too large (I suspect that all non-CC countdowns are too large, and maybe the CC ones as well) and I have to decide going forward whether I want to leave them as is or edit my signature.

It's kind of like telling me I can keep my doctor and my old insurance. :classic_cool:

Edited by Underwatr

55 minutes ago, PopPopB said:

To fix the signature go to your Cruise Critic user name in the top right.  Click on the drop-down arrow next to the CC User Name and select "Account Settings."   In the left-hand column you will have the option to edit your signature.

Thank you so much.  I was there but didn't notice what to do the first time.  

Many have links to their reviews in the signatures.  With the new limits, it looks like most of those links will need to go away.

Photos from threads prior to the update do not appear in those threads.

Hope they update the number of urls in signatures and bring back the expand signature option so at least a partial signature is visible.

Jenn are they also working out a way to block the blurry photos / avatars / pet photos / initials, etc clutter that now shows up next to each poster's name? 

I realize that it is optional to provide a visual, seems like there should also be a way to block, for those who prefer a cleaner look while reading posts. 

The signature blocking  is working fine, and the overall new look appears streamlined and user friendly... but... UGH - I  do not want or like people's personal clutter by all the posts.  

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Many have links to their reviews in the signatures.  With the new limits, it looks like most of those links will need to go away.

Photos from threads prior to the update do not appear in those threads.

Hope they update the number of urls in signatures and bring back the expand signature option so at least a partial signature is visible.

I had to delete all my review links. :classic_sad: