New and Improved CC

35 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I’m on Amtrak now and the WiFi wouldn’t open CC I tried several times. It’s working on my mobil data plan but it’s still slower than any of my App sites. It is just too difficult and not worth the the battery life or the data usage to use my phone for this site. I will find another pass time when on the road and only use CC from home. 

Unfortunately I believe a lot will do the same. They may even give up using CC at home. I was just using Tapatalk on another forum and it was fast. Then as an experiment I went to their web version on my phone. I don't know what forum software they use, it is not Invision or VBulletion but it was a lot more useable than this software on my mobile using a web browser. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

John I did that however my phone and emails on my computer were getting bombarded with messages, so  removed Notifications for this Thread anyway. I left it on for my Roll Calls which aren't doing anything.I have friends on cruises right now that have no idea of the changes, wondering how they will handle this. 

Gay

I am getting new posts right away and getting posts from my Harmony of the Seas roll call on the custom stream I created.  

28 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Do you type in the name of your Roll Calls to add, right now it isn't showing my 3 roll Calls even though I have gone to them. 

Gay

After I manually searched for and found my roll call after I opened it there was a small rectangular box near the top right that said follow. I clicked that, there were some notification options to set , plus set follow, and it changed to following. 

Edited by Charles4515

12 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

This is probably not the place to post this, but how does one sign up for the M&M now. I will have our Freedom cruises coming up in a little over a year and would like to know where you sign up. I didn't see anything under the M&M Menu.

Lots of posters have it in their signature,  sometimes it's in a roll call. Look at the Symphony TA

5 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

John, not finding anything yet on how to Register for the M&M. Wasn't sure where on the Symphony TA I was to go. Nice thing I have lots of time before I need to sign up. :classic_smile:

Gay

On a computer hover over Forums on the stream page and you will see Meet and Mingle to click on and load the Meet and Mingle page. Select Royal, then the Register got Royal Caribbean link under the Royal logo. On a mobile device click that three line thing on the top right of the blue bar and one of the options is Forums. Click that and then Meet and Mingle to take you to the Meet and Mingle Page. 

I have trouble to open Cruisecritic app on the android phone. I uninstall the old one and installed again, but i never could pass login screen. Always got error message - network is unavailable.  Anybody has the same problem? How to deal with it? Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, nicecruiser said:

I have trouble to open Cruisecritic app on the android phone. I uninstall the old one and installed again, but i never could pass login screen. Always got error message - network is unavailable.  Anybody has the same problem? How to deal with it? Thank you in advance.

Ability to use the ap has been discontinued. New web site no longer supports it. 

37 minutes ago, CRUSINGFAMILY said:

Has anyone figured out how to "search" in a thread?  The main search searches all of  cruise critic, not very helpful.  We used to have a "search this thread" button.  Anyone found it?  Or is it gone forever?

Search indexes are still being built so results may be spotty. On desktop at the top of the page, right side is a search edit. On mobile tap the Search icon right side of the page toolbar. This will drop a filter list. One of the options is This thread.

4 minutes ago, nicecruiser said:

Thank you for quick reply. Any reason to discontinue CC app?  Is it temporary or for for goods? Seems as step to the wrong directions...

Website was down for nearly a week with the upgrade. All reports so far indicate cruise critic aps now live with  the dinosaurs and won’t make a return.

But who knows in time they could surprise us and present a new one to us. But for now begin to know and love your smart phone version of the website. 

New website went live this past Tuesday. 

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

28 minutes ago, nicecruiser said:

Thank you for quick reply. Any reason to discontinue CC app?  Is it temporary or for for goods? Seems as step to the wrong directions...

It is a step in the wrong direction. The last I read they say at the current time so possibly it will come back. 

I'm not having the readability issues that others are having.  Font is large enough to be readable and no real issues with background brightness or contrast.  That said, I do have ALL of my browsers set to 125% zoom.  I'm using an HD monitor (1920 X 1080) and rarely find a web page that doesn't look good at 125%.  Makes everything much easier to read with older eyes, including CC.

Give it a try.  Changing the zoom level varies for different browsers but look for the settings button (a gear or 3 dots) in the upper right corner and you should see the zoom option.

26 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Bob looking at this page, I am not seeing a gear or even 3 dots. Is it under a heading on this page. I am using IE

It is a browser setting. In IE if you have a menu bar, Zoom is on the View sub-menu. Otherwise there should be a gear (Tools) icon in the top-right area beside the search edit. Zoom is on the drop Tools menu.