This new forum is not working for me

I too am getting HTML (computer coding) in every post I try to read.  Also, I cannot see any pictures at all, and, I have signed in  using AOL, Chrome, Firefox, etc., and they all have the same problem.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Joan

21 minutes ago, JoanP said:

I too am getting HTML (computer coding) in every post I try to read.  Also, I cannot see any pictures at all, and, I have signed in  using AOL, Chrome, Firefox, etc., and they all have the same problem.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Joan

Even the new posts? Any chance your browsers are out of date?

4 hours ago, cfr70 said:

My only gripe, and it's a big one, is the bright white background which is too harsh behind the fonts. You need some contrast to alleviate eye strain. A grey background would do wonders here and I hope they add the choice to choose that in settings.

This is my only gripe as well.  With the Tapatalk app, there was a setting where you could change it to "nighttime mode."  Which made it a dark grey background with white letters.  So much easier on the eyes.  I could lie in bed and easily ready the forums. I really wish this new forum had the same setting.  Or that they will develop a true app version someday.

8 hours ago, noslen3333 said:

It could be just me but when I click on a topic, I get a lot of computer words like "font" with a bunch of letters. I also can not see any pictures. It's not that I don't like new things but this is too confusing to read with all the computer mumbo-jumbo. Is this happening to anyone else?

It will help the techs if we say what operating system and what browser we are using when we report issues, especially when some of are reporting that we are experiencing a particular problem. 

For me, it is hard to read when the last post was done on a thread and who wrote it. And the font is too light. 

Also, i don't see any indication that I have responded to a thread. I use to see a return arrow, but now I don't see anything.

Edited by Rosefloater

18 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

"Change you can believe in..." Me thinks not. I hate the new format, and mostly I hate the app being nixed...

And we all grumbled and groaned two years ago when they changed the look and some of the functionality but we all got over it and are now grumbling about how much we dislike this new change, forgetting how much we disliked what we we just lost when we first got it. Nobody likes change but in a few weeks we will all adjust to the new normality; we will have figured out the various new settings and made ourselves at home and we will move on. Things are not going to change back to the way they were and we each have two choices: live with it or leave.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tinkrbell said:

Mine is all messed up also. Can’t see anything or navigate anywhere. I’m using my iPad as always. Nothing is out of date. Here is what I see:

3E57615C-5955-41E1-ABF4-94F560788C7F.png

These are BB codes from the old site. 

26 minutes ago, clojacks said:

So, have the mobile apps been totally disabled or are they still a work in progress. Will the apps be functional again at some point?

It was my understanding that the Mobil Apps would no longer work.  One of the mods posted in another thread that they weren’t sure if there would be a new App developed.....

Bob

2 hours ago, daleroux said:

Still cannot get roll call

Are you using the "Find your XXX Roll Call" link (the one with the gold star beside it)?

If so, that link is still under construction.

You need to click on the "Forums" tab in the upper left, scroll down to the "(cruise line) Roll Calls" link (NOT the one with the gold star) and click on that.  Then scroll through to your specific ship's roll calls and click on that.  There you scroll through the various threads to find your specific roll call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

It was my understanding that the Mobil Apps would no longer work.  One of the mods posted in another thread that they weren’t sure if there would be a new App developed.....

Bob

Thanks Bob   That sucks, I check the thread every night while watching TV during commercials. Now I have to sit and watch them, well we only have 7 weeks to go. If i really need to I can get off my lazy ass and use the PC. Happy Hump Day to All

5 minutes ago, sirvan123 said:

Thanks Bob   That sucks, I check the thread every night while watching TV during commercials. Now I have to sit and watch them, well we only have 7 weeks to go. If i really need to I can get off my lazy ass and use the PC. Happy Hump Day to All

Happy happy to be of service.  I just wish someone from CC would reply to my question.  It is very hard at times to get an answer from them.....

Bob

57 minutes ago, sirvan123 said:

Have you tried the boards using the browser on your phone?

I hate this "new" update!  For weeks I was having issues with the app on my iPhone and iPad, but at least the forum was fine on my desktop.  I don't know if CC's intention was to make things better and easier, but for me it's just the opposite!!  😞

17 minutes ago, Vicki'sMom said:

I hate this "new" update!  For weeks I was having issues with the app on my iPhone and iPad, but at least the forum was fine on my desktop.  I don't know if CC's intention was to make things better and easier, but for me it's just the opposite!!  😞

Well you don’t have to worry about the app anymore.😀

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2018 at 4:01 AM, Rosefloater said:

For me, it is hard to read when the last post was done on a thread and who wrote it. And the font is too light. 

Also, i don't see any indication that I have responded to a thread. I use to see a return arrow, but now I don't see anything.

I complained about that too.  If you look real close to the left of a post that you know you posted to, you will see a faint and I mean faint star.  Someone posted that it will only show up dark if someone else has posted to it after you have.  I wish they would go back to just putting it in dark if you have posted to it period.

15 minutes ago, Can'tWait2SetSail said:

Another problem is that I can't see my old posts. I like to reference back to certain threads, but now I only see posts I made since the transition. 

I *THINK* the problem is they are still indexing all the posts.  Once that is complete, you should get valid search results. 

• Like 1