Are countdown clocks still available?

I've always enjoyed having countdown clocks as part of my signature.  I used the ones provided by CC but can't find them anywhere.  Are they gone??  Not sure that this is the place to ask but thought I'd give it a shot.  Nice to find a color option here.  Did not see that on the roll call reply box.

Not only can't I find them to create one, I had to delete the ones I had.  First restriction - only 1 image.  Second restriction - the size of the image.  The traditional CC countdown clock is too big.  So deleted.

That said, I also can't find any through CC that can be used.  I'm disappointed.  I always enjoy seeing them.

CC BRING BACK COUNTDOWN CLOCKS - Please!!!!!

• Like 1

I found where you can change your signature!:classic_biggrin:  At the top right of this page, next to the notices bell, you should see your screen name with a down arrow next to it.  Click on the arrow.  On the next page, on the right find where it says Account Settings.  Then on the left of the next page look for Overview and click on Signature.  It give you a bunch of parameters on what is allowed to be in your signature, one of which is 1 picture.  That I understand.  This dinosaur does not understand what the other restrictions mean:classic_sad:  but it does not look good for countdown clocks.😭  Given a little time, I hope that they can give us some new ones that will work with the reconfigures boards.

My countdown clocks also stopped displaying.  With the new restiction of one image, that could be the explanation.  I just deleted all of the countdown clocks (for now) and am hoping I can recreate one in the near future. 

I  also noticed that there is a six (6) line limit to the signature so I was getting an error message for that reason.  I consolidated my signature details to meet the six line limit and the error went away.  This is the first time I am posting since I made the changes so I am curious to see what my signature displays now.

According to one of the moderator's posts, a count down clock will work but you aren't able to create new ones.  Not sure whether one is the new limit.  It appears that when the one count down clock is finished counting and removed/retired by you, ypu won't be able to replace it.  That's too bad.  I liked the count down clocks.

Edited by cruisin lady ca
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DianeNZ said:

Yep. I miss 'em too. Spent too much time trying to figure out why I couldn't edit the countdown clock to show the next upcoming cruise. Grrr.

Copied this from the 10/19/18 update:

• Your current countdown clocks will work but they are not supported moving forward (meaning you can't create new)

Doesn't appear that countdown clocks are

going to be a part of our new cc experience.

yea I don't suppose a website we really like would care to have our opinions about what we'd like or not like to see before they just stick us with what they think we WANT?!! 

I was noticing they didn't seem to have the clocks and though my signature page editing page has the format the way it is supposed to appear - when it does appear on screen with my post its stacked wrong instead of how its supposed to appear. I was trying to edit it and it still said it didn't fit the criteria so I backed out of it and at least it didn't wipe out the original info 

it may be that this feature will reappear later on when they get other things straightened out - Im getting a lot of broken links on some threads when I click them still....

also I hate the message notifictions not going once per day to my email but rather they go to my MSN notifications window like a virus info from my antivirus scanner!!!  so if someone now posts three messages here in the next hour I'll get three notificatons! 

• 4 months later...
On 3/16/2019 at 1:52 PM, cruise_mojo said:

I finally got to edit my stuff down to the one pic now and edit my history to work. wonder if an offsite countdown widget will work now? 

anyone know? I see offsite widjets for ship pics posted but they aren't clocks....

CC countdown clock is here, it will give you tag line for your signature

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

Never mind, didn't thoroughly read your message

A

Edited by AlanF65

Cruise Critic has stopped people from importing offsite countdown clocks; and limits the script or pictures that can be uploaded into their webpages.  Not a big deal.  Sorry I could not help out cruise_mojo

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of experimentation(over an hour)  Ive succeeded. I did not have to edit any previous info I ahd done that previously to shorten the amount of info . I did have to delete  all previous countdown clocks current or sailed and then go to link https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

create my clock , copy it and then go straight to my account settings/ signature and paste it in and save. I was able to create three clocks and have them in the order of sailing. paste above or below your first clock as desired. This is the link that works.clocks do update if your refresh them you will see a lower time to sail. its just not a moving total as it used to be.I hope this helps people.

That could well be the old problem of being in the UK or a land down under ( assume you dont mean antartica)

When you get the code from the clockmaker paste it into  a text editor  and I am guessing it will say maybe in 3 places

cruisecritic.com.au     - if that is the case delete the .au  (leave no gaps)  then paste that into your signature.

Maybe you can edit it while it is in the "clock maker"  its a long time since I tried that.

Another way round it is for you to make sure you are logged into Cruisecritic.com before you start. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the US flag.

39 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

That could well be the old problem of being in the UK or a land down under ( assume you dont mean antartica)

When you get the code from the clockmaker paste it into  a text editor  and I am guessing it will say maybe in 3 places

cruisecritic.com.au     - if that is the case delete the .au  (leave no gaps)  then paste that into your signature.

Maybe you can edit it while it is in the "clock maker"  its a long time since I tried that.

Another way round it is for you to make sure you are logged into Cruisecritic.com before you start. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the US flag.

Thanks I’ll give that a try.