Missing Feature

Seems like in the olden days when you opened this site, you could tell the new entries from repeat entries.  If I remember right, the titles were a darker color and underlined.  I liked that feature.  Some times you just want to quickly view in the first page or two if you had any replies to your input and don't want to review the entire board.  Is this just old age on my part?  I know you will say "Yes".

I like that now we can hover over the thread title and it actually pops up a preview of the first post. I do miss having my previously viewed threads turning read, but I can click on the "mark forum as read" link at the top of the page so the next time I visit I can easily identify the new threads. I'm getting used to the new board and still feel that it's worth what I'm paying for it.

After you read a thread, it turns gray and the blue dot seems to disappear.  But if someone replies to that thread after you have read it, the thread and dot will again be blue.  Same with posting to a thread.  When you post to a thread, the dot becomes a star.  After you reply, the thread and star will be gray, but if someone then replies after you, the thread and star will be blue.  If you read and then use the back button, you won't see the change, but if you go to the top and click on Carnival Cruises it refreshed the forum and you will see the changes.  If you click on the blue dot/star, it will take you to the first unread post.    EM

Edited by Essiesmom

10 minutes ago, BENHANDEL said:

I also use a mobile browser. I am missing the "go to first unread post" link...

It exists, but not where you are used to. When a thread title has a blue dot or star in front of it, it means that there are posts that you haven't read. DON"T click on the thread name. Click on the dot/star. It will take you to the first unread post.

20 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It exists, but not where you are used to. When a thread title has a blue dot or star in front of it, it means that there are posts that you haven't read. DON"T click on the thread name. Click on the dot/star. It will take you to the first unread post.

Thanks for this tip! I will do my best...but on a mobile...that dot is small and my fingers are not, lol.

15 minutes ago, BENHANDEL said:

Thanks for this tip! I will do my best...but on a mobile...that dot is small and my fingers are not, lol.

Another note - a blue dot means there are new posts on a thread, and that you haven't posted on that thread.

A blue star means there are new posts, and that you HAVE posted on that thread.

21 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Another note - a blue dot means there are new posts on a thread, and that you haven't posted on that thread.

A blue star means there are new posts, and that you HAVE posted on that thread.

Oooo... I like that!

6 hours ago, CC Rider 69 said:

This upgrade sucks. Sometimes new isn't better.

I might suggest that you state the reason(s) you believe the upgrade isn't good. A general statement like this doesn't really help much to a person who might be able to affect a given change or changes or to give a reason why a specific change was made. What you or I think might be bad may have another reason for being done that you and I might not have thought of or realized. 

Just a thought.

Tom

3 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

I might suggest that you state the reason(s) you believe the upgrade isn't good. A general statement like this doesn't really help much to a person who might be able to affect a given change or changes or to give a reason why a specific change was made. What you or I think might be bad may have another reason for being done that you and I might not have thought of or realized. 

Just a thought.

Tom

Fair enough, like others I was unware of the "blue dot" thing. Also, on the old site when you selected a particular vessel the site would go to that vessel's data only. Now, when you select a vessel it give you data on various other vessel's and topics. If I'm missing something here please share, or direct to a tutorial on the updated site.

Jim

1 minute ago, CC Rider 69 said:

Fair enough, like others I was unware of the "blue dot" thing. Also, on the old site when you selected a particular vessel the site would go to that vessel's data only. Now, when you select a vessel it give you data on various other vessel's and topics. If I'm missing something here please share, or direct to a tutorial on the updated site.

Jim

The search capability is not up and running in it's entirety.  They have to index over 15 million posts.  Jenn has already posted that any search features are not going to bring up all posts (or correct posts) at this time.  

From the Annoucements Update:

• Search is still indexing, results may be incomplete, activity feed may be incomplete