Options After Final Payment

catugirl

We have made final payment and it’s a little over two months until our cruise on Infinity.  We are in a C3 cabin.   I was looking on our TA’s website and now they are charging less than we paid for a C3 to book an A2 cabin on Deck 9 with more onboard credit.  Do I have the option to have the TA upgrade us?  Sorry if this is a silly question, but we have never had the price drop before.  

Worth a try asking your TA to see what can be done.  Worst case you are in the room you picked a the price you were willing to pay.  

I have only cruised once on Celebrity and the price only went up not down so I don't know what their policy is.  

I found this - 

Celebrity Cruises Best Price Guarantee

Our Celebrity Best Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).

To apply for your onboard credit call: 1-888-751-7804

You can move to a different category stateroom after final payment as long as there is a difference in the new category fare that is higher than what you paid for the lower category fare.  In that case you would pay the difference so that there is a net increase in your total fare and then move to the higher category.  Not sure if the new perks - such as the higher OBC - would also transfer,  but I believe that likely it would not.  

But you will not receive a reduction in your fare or increase in OBC if the fare went down in your original category - just as you would not be expected to pay more if the fare increased - which it can - after final payment.

The information posted by rsquirrel only applies to price decreases realized prior to final payment - not after.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

After final payment, the most important thing is to stop worrying about the price and enjoy your cruise.  At final payment you are really saying this is a good deal for you.  I agree that you should always try to get an upgrade if possible, but don't forget to enjoy yourself.

My rule of operation is to always ask the question, if you don't ask, the answer is automatically no! You may be able to upgrade your cabin for a nominal (or no) difference. I would be surprised if you would get any additional OBC or perks, but it never hurts to ask. As was stated above, the worst that can happen is you'll sail in the cabin you chose at the price you were willing to pay while still anxiously awaiting sail away. Enjoy your cruise no matter what answer you get.

29 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

My rule of operation is to always ask the question, if you don't ask, the answer is automatically no! You may be able to upgrade your cabin for a nominal (or no) difference. I would be surprised if you would get any additional OBC or perks, but it never hurts to ask. As was stated above, the worst that can happen is you'll sail in the cabin you chose at the price you were willing to pay while still anxiously awaiting sail away. Enjoy your cruise no matter what answer you get.

Agree. Not ventured, nothing gained. 

We have had good success getting upgrades to higher categories when the price has dropped after final payment.  We have gone from 1A to A1, 2b to C3 (could have gone to A2 on that one but we were traveling with family from the UK and they could not get the same deal and we wanted to eat together) and from 2B to A2 in recent years all by asking nicely.  If your TA says no off the bat then push a little, and look for a new TA in the future.  The extra OBC, not likely to happen but upgrades are very possible so call quickly.

I support suggestions stating that it is worth asking.

On Infinity, this summer, we were in a similar scenario and were fortunate to be upgraded from an Ocean View Room all the way to Aqua Class, while keeping our perks. 

When I asked, I did not expect something different than what I had booked, and I was happily surprised with the outcome! We had a very, very nice cruise on Infinity!!!

Thank you so much Celebrity!!! 

When this scenario occurs, it is my understanding that the cruise line is not in the obligation to change anything. But, if you ask nicely, if the timing and circumstances are right, you may get lucky as we did. But, I believe that it is important not to let the outcome of your request, impact you negatively, for example, if the upgrade does not work! You still will have a chance to experience a beautiful cruise, in the cabin you initially chose.

Good luck and enjoy your holidays! 

20 hours ago, rsquirrel said:

Worth a try asking your TA to see what can be done.  Worst case you are in the room you picked a the price you were willing to pay.  

I have only cruised once on Celebrity and the price only went up not down so I don't know what their policy is.  

I found this - 

Celebrity Cruises Best Price Guarantee

Our Celebrity Best Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).

To apply for your onboard credit call: 1-888-751-7804

You did not quote the entirety of the guarantee - here is the rest:

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: an Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

Thus, given the above policy statements, it is reasonable to assume that the Price Guarantee does not apply when after Final Payment date and more than 48 hours past the booking date.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

We've stayed in cabins under the pool deck without issue. I would prefer those to the ones under the OVC where there are carts rolling around for early breakfast set up and late break downs with lots of carts constantly rolling to bus tables in addition to the foot traffic. You may hear occasional deck chairs being moved, but if you're careful about where you pick that will be kept to a minimum. We prefer cabins closest to the elevators when choosing Aqua class cabins under the pool deck. They tend to be the quietest since they are furthest from the center of the pool deck activity.