differences in postings

bebop bonnie

OK....so it isn't just me.  Yes, sometimes the atmosphere can be a bit contentious .... but information has always been so helpful here.  And I jump around the boards, especially as lately I'm trying other cruise lines and always learning.  So....one stop at CC is easy for me:classic_biggrin:

• 3 months later...

I'm going to resurrect this thread - I think the traffic has picked up again and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I like the new format very, very much.  It took a few weeks to get used to but I find it much easier to navigate and it's a LOT easier to reply to multiple threads as well as upload photos.

Two thumbs up from this guy.     👍👍

• Like 1

I did not find the different format to be a big deal at all. What I do find is that I need a rest from CC at times.  All “regulars” answer the same questions hundreds of times and although I (and likely others) want to share experiences, some threads were turning into arguments which, in my opinion, is the worst thing that “we” (regulars) could do on a thread where a newbie is asking questions.

While it is fine to have different opinions - even dabate issues, when it can be done without making personal slams against someone, it works much better.  The past month or so (with a couple of exceptions), the Regent board has been informative for newbies.    

I wonder if it would help if there was a tipping and dress code “sticky” so all sides of the issue can be discussed once instead of having continuous disagreements every single time that these subjects are brought up.  Speaking for myself, every time I see a subject on these issues, I think “oh no - not again ........ doesn’t anyone read the Questions and Answers on the Regent website where these questions are answered?”

In terms of threads being of interest to regulars, unless there is a “live” thread, a new policy or a change in policy, we have pretty much seen and heard it all and simply want to give opinions to  others.

Edited by Travelcat2

8 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

I wonder if it would help if there was a tipping and dress code “sticky” so all sides of the issue can be discussed once instead of having continuous disagreements every single time that these subjects are brought up.  Speaking for myself, every time I see a subject on these issues, I think “oh no - not again ........ doesn’t anyone read the Questions and Answers on the Regent website where these questions are answered?”

A sticky might help...maybe we can slip the Mods a $20 to get one set up...but we can't read it in jeans after 6:00 PM...even if they're real nice jeans...

:classic_tongue:

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 1:15 PM, Paul Bradley said:

Well, I'm doing my best...!   :classic_laugh::classic_wink:

It’s not only the new site changes but other forums like FB..Instagram and private forums.  I have noticed a decrease in participation on all the luxury boards as it is always just a few regulars that post and very few new people.

• Like 2

Just want to take the opportunity to thank Jackie, Bill and all the other helpful “regulars “ who were so kind and patient with my questions as a newbie.  It is a shame that you often have to reiterate the same answers to the same questions, but until there is a solution, your experience is very appreciated!  And Happy Birthday to Dennis!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MalbecWine said:

It’s not only the new site changes but other forums like FB..Instagram and private forums.  I have noticed a decrease in participation on all the luxury boards as it is always just a few regulars that post and very few new people.

Unfortunately, until I actually take my first Regent cruise in June, I can't contribute anything of substance. I am really looking forward to experiencing it and hopefully contributing with 'new eyes.' 

17 hours ago, Pinksunset said:

Just want to take the opportunity to thank Jackie, Bill and all the other helpful “regulars “ who were so kind and patient with my questions as a newbie.  It is a shame that you often have to reiterate the same answers to the same questions, but until there is a solution, your experience is very appreciated!  And Happy Birthday to Dennis!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes for Dennis.  He truly had a once in a lifetime celebration!

I do not mind answering the same questions repeatedly but do get annoyed when attacks begin.  For instance, when I post that Explorer is our favorite ship, rather than putting me down for my opinion, why not just post why a different ship is your favorite?  

Hopefully when you return from your first Regent cruise you will be able to post information from your perspective.

Bill, so happy that you are posting more - I depend on you to make me laugh🤣 :classic_tongue::classic_ninja:

I agree with the other posters who are members of the "My Favorite Regent Ship Is The One I'm On At The Moment" club.  I'm not just a member of the club, I'm also the president!   :classic_biggrin:

I agree, too, that all of the ships have good points and not so good points.  And what bothers one person about a certain ship isn't an issue for someone else.  Right now, I think our breakdown is:

• Explorer:  2 completed, 1 more booked
  • Mariner:  2 completed
  • Navigator:  3 completed
  • Voyager:  2 completed, 1 more booked

So we're pretty well balanced, if not well experienced.  And over the last 10 years we've found that every ship we've sailed has been our favorite.   In terms of service, decor, dining, and overall experience they're more alike than different, IMO.  In our case, our two Mariner cruises were earlier on in our Regent careers so I don't remember all of the details as well as I remember Nav or Explorer...but I'm sure I loved the ship because I was on vacation!!  In fact, we were also members of that odd group who liked Navigator best until we sailed on Explorer - maybe because it was our first Regent ship, who know?

Bottom line - you could put me on any Regent ship tomorrow and I flat out guarantee that I'll be happier there than here in the office, whether it vibrates or doesn't have a forward observation lounge or the cabins are a bit smaller than other cabins...I try and keep it all in perspective.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes for Dennis.  He truly had a once in a lifetime celebration!

I do not mind answering the same questions repeatedly but do get annoyed when attacks begin.  For instance, when I post that Explorer is our favorite ship, rather than putting me down for my opinion, why not just post why a different ship is your favorite?  

Hopefully when you return from your first Regent cruise you will be able to post information from your perspective.

Bill, so happy that you are posting more - I depend on you to make me laugh🤣 :classic_tongue::classic_ninja:

I have heard nothing bad at all about the Explorer.  Looking forward to sailing her and had our deposit put on hold for a year to choose the itinerary.  

We received the big brochure and now inundated with smaller ones each week.  Such a waste of money and trees.

Edited by MalbecWine

We took our first Regent cruise in May, 2018 to Alaska, on the Mariner.  All of your insight helped us with our trip.  We were in a “named” suite, that I only mention because it had the required 1 1/2 bathrooms!  I feel forever spoiled.  It was perfect.  The cruise, the ship, everything was fabulous.  So, of course, the Mariner is my favorite ship.  So far. 😊.  

On 2/26/2019 at 11:35 PM, Paul Bradley said:

Unfortunately, until I actually take my first Regent cruise in June, I can't contribute anything of substance. I am really looking forward to experiencing it and hopefully contributing with 'new eyes.' 

As one who hasn't long taken their first Regent Cruise, I'm sure you will have a blast, we did and that was partly thanks to all the answers I got to my many, probably inane questions.

So thank you everyone for all your answers even if they differed from person to person.

I also picked lots of tips up and these too helped enhance our experience and there is a wealth of info from the experienced Regent cruisers to tap into that they are only to happy to share. 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, Travelcat2 said:

I wonder if it would help if there was a tipping and dress code “sticky”

As a Regent newbie, I read the Regent website and couldn't find anything on these and other topics, so thank you all who answered my questions. It was very helpful. DH and I have traveled on about 15 + different lines from river to expedition, freighter to luxury ship. We are looking forward to a cruise with Regent.

And thank you UUNetBill for the tip on easy quoting: highlight the chosen sentence and a small window pops up "quote the selection". So much easier than quote the entire message and delete the parts that are not necessary.

Edited by Floridiana

16 hours ago, Floridiana said:

And thank you UUNetBill for the tip on easy quoting: highlight the chosen sentence and a small window pops up "quote the selection". So much easier than quote the entire message and delete the parts that are not necessary.

This is great. I didn't realize this could be done.  Don't know how i missed this great bit of advice but so glad i caught it now.  Thanks to both you and UUNetBill. 

28 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

This is great. I didn't realize this could be done.  Don't know how i missed this great bit of advice but so glad i caught it now.  Thanks to both you and UUNetBill. 

I'd like to take credit for that awesome tip but I don't think it was me who mentioned it...although I tried it and it worked great.  So to whoever provided that lesson, thanks.  And it if was me, I need to quit mixing cocktails and CC at night...