This Navigator Rerouting ?

Haribofan

From Zeebrugge it’s easy to get the train from Blankenburg into Bruges for a few hours, never get the last train back though in case of delays but it’s close enough to get a taxi in an emergency! Ship buses you to Blankenburg station usually. There isn’t anything at Le Havre unless you want to spend hours on a bus getting to Paris, two hours there and back again!

21 hours ago, Difromsalisbury said:

From Zeebrugge it’s easy to get the train from Blankenburg into Bruges for a few hours, never get the last train back though in case of delays but it’s close enough to get a taxi in an emergency! Ship buses you to Blankenburg station usually. There isn’t anything at Le Havre unless you want to spend hours on a bus getting to Paris, two hours there and back again!

Oh I'd beg to differ on Le Havre...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/04/17/one-way-to-do-le-havre/

33806128141_2f6889a64a_z.jpg[/img]

• Like 1

Yes, have been to Le Havre and there is obviously stuff to see, not on a par with docking 4 blocks from Times Square and having a night and full day to explore New York! We always get out and about at any port and will go to Rouen probably. We have done the DDay beaches. If I wanted to go on a trip to these ports I would book it, and in fact have in September with MSC thank god!

We are on the Silhouette right now.    We are taking the southern instead of northern route and will be delayed in each port by one day.   We are also missing a port, Nassau, but no loss there to most passengers.    Passengers are quite upset as they had already bought tickets to Broadway Shows and their own tours in Boston and NYC.   Celebrity has allowed these passengers one call to rearrange tours.

Even though we are on a altered route because of the storm, we are rocking and rolling in 18+ seas and rain squalls.    The captain said to expect the same weather tomorrow.

I am not booking anything in Boston and NYC as our itinerary may change again.   I will bet the only North Atlantic crossing that may not be impacted is the QM2 leaving today for NYC.    She was built for the North Atlantic storms and is storm and usually stable.

Captain of the Queen Mary will love it, last time we were on there in rough weather he came on to announce “this is what she was built for”!😂😂😂😂😂 your itinerary sounds like a sensible alternative at least, ours is ridiculous and coupled with the well publicised problems with the ship does not add up. We could also have left late and gone south since we aren’t sailing till tomorrow. Ulterior motives..

59 minutes ago, Difromsalisbury said:

Exactly, the weather is an excuse. They should own up that the ship needs work and at least leave late and visit decent Caribbean ports, and Canaveral which lots of people use to get to their houses in Orlando!

You do realise you can’t just rock up to a ‘decent Caribbean port’ and be like, hey we’re here, where do I park? 

That part of the world is getting busy this time of year with ships. 

Just be a teeny bit happy they tried and added in some land opportunities, they could’ve just left it with sea days instead...

30 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

You do realise you can’t just rock up to a ‘decent Caribbean port’ and be like, hey we’re here, where do I park? 

That part of the world is getting busy this time of year with ships. 

Just be a teeny bit happy they tried and added in some land opportunities, they could’ve just left it with sea days instead...

Really?!🙄🧐 the whole point is that the ship has been having problems and most of us feel the reroute is down to that, not weather. We will see what goes on in dock at Le Havre.

5 hours ago, Difromsalisbury said:

Really?!🙄🧐 the whole point is that the ship has been having problems and most of us feel the reroute is down to that, not weather. We will see what goes on in dock at Le Havre.

I know the ships had problems. But if that truely was the only reason, they wouldn’t cross the Atlantic at all, not because they care about you, but because they wouldn’t want to lose the millions of dollars if the ship went down. 

If it’s not the weather are they just changing other ships itineraries to fit in with their ‘lies’? 

No one is forcing you to get off of you don’t like the ports. 

No one is forcing you to cruise if you’re really unhappy - take the refund! 

If there are places in the world you really want to see, don’t guarantee a cruise to take you there! 

As I see it, the cruise was city ports. They replaced them with city ports. You have the opportunity to go to Paris and Brugge (I get it, you don’t want to!), but hey they tried. 

A few years ago I was on a panama crossing that got rerouted because of weather. We were told as we boarded, no offer of a refund. We lost 3 ports and had no replacements and 11 days straight at sea. I would have taken any port, anywhere, just to get off the ship for even a few minutes. 

I hope you make a small attempt to enjoy your cruise. 

I know how disappointing it can be to have an itinerary changed.

We've gone to Honfleur and Rouen from Le Havre. Nice, quaint cities.

https://wikitravel.org/en/Honfleur

http://en.normandie-tourisme.fr/discover/normandy-must-sees/the-10-top-normandy-must-sees/rouen-126-2.html

http://www.affordablecruiseexcursions.com/more-about-ports-of-call/63-more-about-le-havre-rouen-honfleur-caen--calvados-excursions.html

Also enjoyed our day in Brugge - the ship offered a Brugge on your Own excursion with transport to and from the dock to the city. 

https://www.visitbruges.be/en

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarlicBread said:

I know the ships had problems. But if that truely was the only reason, they wouldn’t cross the Atlantic at all, not because they care about you, but because they wouldn’t want to lose the millions of dollars if the ship went down. 

If it’s not the weather are they just changing other ships itineraries to fit in with their ‘lies’? 

No one is forcing you to get off of you don’t like the ports. 

No one is forcing you to cruise if you’re really unhappy - take the refund! 

If there are places in the world you really want to see, don’t guarantee a cruise to take you there! 

As I see it, the cruise was city ports. They replaced them with city ports. You have the opportunity to go to Paris and Brugge (I get it, you don’t want to!), but hey they tried. 

A few years ago I was on a panama crossing that got rerouted because of weather. We were told as we boarded, no offer of a refund. We lost 3 ports and had no replacements and 11 days straight at sea. I would have taken any port, anywhere, just to get off the ship for even a few minutes. 

I hope you make a small attempt to enjoy your cruise. 

We will make every effort to enjoy it thanks, and we don’t go on a cruise to stay on the ship when in port!? When we decided to make the most of it I had no idea what had actually gone on with the ship. If there is damage that will impact our comfort on the crossing we should be told about it, not fobbed off with a story about the weather, this is misleading. And it’s not as simple as just cancelling and rebooking,  2 days before you go entails loads of reorganisation and stress. Read the Facebook page set up for Navigator passengers to see the impact this is having on people. And if you think replacing Boston and New York with Le Havre and Bruges is in any way comparable then I have no idea what else to say.

9 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We are on the Silhouette right now.    We are taking the southern instead of northern route and will be delayed in each port by one day.   We are also missing a port, Nassau, but no loss there to most passengers.    Passengers are quite upset as they had already bought tickets to Broadway Shows and their own tours in Boston and NYC.   Celebrity has allowed these passengers one call to rearrange tours.

Even though we are on a altered route because of the storm, we are rocking and rolling in 18+ seas and rain squalls.    The captain said to expect the same weather tomorrow.

I am not booking anything in Boston and NYC as our itinerary may change again.   I will bet the only North Atlantic crossing that may not be impacted is the QM2 leaving today for NYC.    She was built for the North Atlantic storms and is storm and usually stable.

Off Topic

Very good cruising friends from San Francisco are on with you. Sam is one of the guest speakers onboard , we haven’t yet cruised with them since he started being paid to do cruising  😆. Feed back has been very good by all accounts so I do hope you get to see one of his lectures and I hope you enjoy your rearranged itinerary.

On topic

We have cruised with cancelled ports, very rough weather  , severe lists,  damage to ship whilst onboard, we never did get a full explanation of the Rhapsody list,   but in this instance with the Navigator RCI are treating their guests with contempt.

Only time will tell if the severe storms promised in the Atlantic amount to anything , the ship was a week away from the East coast

Edited by heatherb1958

On 11/4/2018 at 7:49 AM, Difromsalisbury said:

Captain of the Queen Mary will love it, last time we were on there in rough weather he came on to announce “this is what she was built for”!😂😂😂😂😂 your itinerary sounds like a sensible alternative at least, ours is ridiculous and coupled with the well publicised problems with the ship does not add up. We could also have left late and gone south since we aren’t sailing till tomorrow. Ulterior motives..

You are right vesselfinder shows the Queen heading straight for the bad weather. I am sure she is made for it... but I for one like a more comfortable ride. The yellow area are 30 ft waves... not my idea of a vacation

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 8.18.32 PM.png