Time to Make Flight?

SKSMIKE5

No way. Why would you even chance it as a number of things can go wrong? I don't know about you, but I would be totally stressed out about it and I see no need to be like that while on vacation.

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 hour ago, champagne123 said:

You are a #$#@.  Would you tell a family member that?  Of course not.

That's problem on here, never tell if someone is being Sarcastic, Serious, Lost in Translation or just mean.. To OP, not going happen that early, 10am yes and any earlier can be risky unless you carry off all your own Luggage right after Docking. Do remember around Holidays can be real busy at Airport. Last 3 tears I got to Ft Lauderdale Dec 21,22,23, and Line was out the Door. Was Flying First Class so was able to skip long lines...

Just a thought, but book the later morning flight and still walk off early.  If you get over in time try getting a standby seat?   My wife and I have done this several times.  Now and then it doesn't work out, but has most of the time.  You may end up way early for your late morning flight, or you may be home by that time.  Good luck,

We always book a 10:30 flight and there is an 8:45ish flight. We do self-disembarkation and leave one of the first - to avoid the rush and thinking maybe one day we will get on standby on the earlier flight, but we are never in time.   However, out of probably 8 times (in FLL)  we have never had a problem with the 10:30 flight. But you need to off with the first people on the self-disembarkation.   And have nothing unusual happen with the ships arrival time etc. 

Edited by cindivan

8 hours ago, Betatlake said:

Go for it.😀

7 hours ago, champagne123 said:

You are a #$#@.  Would you tell a family member that?  Of course not.

To be honest, when I saw the question, I had to check my calendar to see if it said "April 1". 😯

For a 7:45 flight you would need to be at the airport by about 6:15, and with the quick cab ride from the port, that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration before 6:00. 

I never understand folks who book early flights and then spend their cruise worried about making their flight home? :classic_wacko:

11:45 will be easy and relaxing (until you are in the TSA security line).  Sleep in a bit, and enjoy one last breakfast in the MDR.  Get off the ship at the end (about 9-9:30) and you'll still have time to kill at the gate.

Have a great cruise!

We just got off the Allure Sunday and I believe the walk off started about 7am, and there were a lot of them, we weren't one of them. We got off about 8:30 and traffic was light but it still took us 15 minutes, or so, to get to the airport. The airport is only a couple of miles away but getting out of the port area is the problem. You still have to go through TSA, how long that takes varies. I also think they close the door on the plane about 15 minutes before the departure. Do the math and go from there. Do some people make it, sure, but if you don't have a plan B. It doesn't mean they'll be seats on the next flight or any after that. Our flight was oversold by 4 so no standbys got on. They started offering people $380 in travel vouchers to give up their seat, it took $800 to seal the deal.