Diamond plus no longer getting to skip the line when boarding?

3 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Which lounge are you talking about?  D+ has access to concierge lounge according to CAS documentation

On several ships the CL has been rebranded as SL.

On the newer Oasis class ship's they started with a SL and prohibited access to D+.

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I feel D+ should be able to access the Suite, Pinnacle and D+ access line just like it was in the past. I can only say the same thing so many ways. How many ways, and times,  can you ask the same question?

I could not care any less about the suite lounge. D+ never had access to it so there is no past president for having access now.

Then why not Diamonds too? Emerald?

On 1/11/2019 at 3:00 PM, dodgestang said:

Royal Suite both times. 

Perhaps it was because I still print in blank and white and/or the guy running the front door and telling you were to stand couldn't read 😉

Maybe, but I did not think that the Set Sail was color coded.

The last two times, the person made some comment of my loving my SO as I sprung for a suite.

Next time, point out that you are in a suite.

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Then why not Diamonds too? Emerald?

It was a perk that was offered in the past t9 D+ and not to D and below.

If there is a dedicated line through security and only available for suites then obviously with the limited number if suites it would be sitting unused a lot if the time..not a very productive use of labour.

Quite easy to offer it as a perk to P and D+ knowing on average how many of those levels sail each week and then knowing that allowing those guests the perk that it would not significantly slow the line down.  Given the higher numbers of D and Emerald it would slow the line down and then it would not be a perk for anyone.

Perhaps with the introduction of the key and the added guests associated with that they decided to remove D+ from having access in order to maintain the limited number of guests through that line and ensure that those that do are processed quickly.  Or perhaps the number of D+ has increased significantly and was starting to cause a slowdown where none existed in the past.

Anyway, no where has it ever been stated that the special line through security is exclusive to suites.  It is for whomever Royal chooses to allow access.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1