Diamond plus no longer getting to skip the line when boarding?

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

I will happily add to that:  Two free photos, bag of free laundry, two free 24 hour internet sessions per person and more perks that I can't remember right now.  Works for me!  $$$  🙂 

So, between my 2 free 24 hour internet sessions, and DD's 1 free 24 hour internet session, we're pretty much covered for this short sailling?  Works for me.  The other perks, bleh.  When you over pack like I do, who needs laundry?  

I honestly don't sail for the perks.  I sail because I love to.  Just frustrating that they seem to dangle some perks out in front of me like a carrot... never really attainable.  

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone asked when at the port why they discontinued it?  Seems like it would help alleviate some of the congestion. 

Also I don't recall if it was Diamond and above or was it D+, Pinnacle and suites?

I'll try asking Monday.  Of course you do realize, if I ask 10 people, I'm going to get 10 different answers.

I wonder if it's like this in Baltimore?

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Plus more lunch and more wine at 340, and even more wine at 525. 🍷

Since the 525 wine is a little nicer, I'd love to see a 6 pack of beer as a choice for the 525 amenity 

Oh yes...the wine never goes to waste...well...maybe to waist...but not waste.  😉  More lunch?  Is that the "meal with an officer"?  Yes, love that also.  😄 

3 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

So, between my 2 free 24 hour internet sessions, and DD's 1 free 24 hour internet session, we're pretty much covered for this short sailling?  Works for me.  The other perks, bleh.  When you over pack like I do, who needs laundry?  

I honestly don't sail for the perks.  I sail because I love to.  Just frustrating that they seem to dangle some perks out in front of me like a carrot... never really attainable.  

My multiple page sea pass bill I had before the perks kicked in with the points, has gone to non-exist.  And the extra balcony discount is happily accepted.  I will take that carrot any day.  🙂 

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone asked when at the port why they discontinued it?  Seems like it would help alleviate some of the congestion. 

Also I don't recall if it was Diamond and above or was it D+, Pinnacle and suites?

Will check it out in three weeks.  But honestly...I don't think about the boarding part of the cruise much.  We get on the ship with everyone at some point.  Don't remember any real waiting to board at PC...it's usually so quick and easy.  

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

My multiple page sea pass bill I had before the perks kicked in with the points, has gone to non-exist.  And the extra balcony discount is happily accepted.  I will take that carrot any day.  🙂 

Maybe i just need to learn how to take advantage of these perks.  I haven't noticed any difference.

1 hour ago, Candleonwater said:

I'll try asking Monday.  Of course you do realize, if I ask 10 people, I'm going to get 10 different answers.

I wonder if it's like this in Baltimore?

`I was told on Monday that this is being implemented at all ports.

Not today!  Just boarded EN and the security lines now have a big sign that says "Suites & Pinnacles"!  Everyone else is herded into the other line!  No one in that S&P line while we were going through the other line.  Only took us 5 minutes though so no big deal today.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Will check it out in three weeks.  But honestly...I don't think about the boarding part of the cruise much.  We get on the ship with everyone at some point.  Don't remember any real waiting to board at PC...it's usually so quick and easy.  

That's good for you.  We have been on some pretty long lines for boarding the Oasis no lines for the smaller ships

15 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's good for you.  We have been on some pretty long lines for boarding the Oasis no lines for the smaller ships

Apparently I have been very lucky.  I have one cruise per month on Oasis during the next 3 months, will see if my luck holds.  Even the rare times there is a line, it has always gone very fast.  I get there around 11-11:30 by the time the shuttle drops us off.  Not sure it that makes a difference?  

Thanks to everyone for your replies. We are on the adventure now and as expected, only priority boarding for suites and pinnacles here too. No CL, only a suites lounge. We arrived at about 2:30 pm, there was no line. Although we hate that Royal has made the decision to take this perk away from D+, we can choose to solve the problem by either arriving before 11 am, or after 2:30. 

On 11/9/2018 at 7:31 AM, molly361 said:

My guess would be

1.  Trying to add more value to those paying higher dollar for suites so they can board quicker

2.  It 100% eliminates all of the people who are diamond plus and try to sneak their non

status friends into the line causing issues for security and generally upsetting other guests.

this new plan just simplifies things....  Makes sense to me

On 11/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, island lady said:

I asked Michael at PC and he said it is Corporate mandated!

In Miami's new Terminal A for Allure and Symphony, to enter the terminal for check in, there is a separate entrance for Pinnacle and Suites. All others take the other entrance. That said, once we went up the stairs, we heard them announcing boarding for Diamond Plus guests. So that means Diamond Plus guests get priority boarding, but not priority check-in. That said, the new high tech check in process was so fast at Terminal A, I don't see how Pinnacle and Suites guests could have been much faster than we were anyway. Of course, they did get to board first.

• Thanks 1