Question Soda sticker

antsp

Any packages purchased are loaded on your account.  The crew swipe your card and they see what you have.   If they get to know you, they may memorize your folio number and just key it in instead of swiping.   

They have tablets in the dining rooms for swiping as well.  

If you need to replace your card there is no need to chase down another sticker.  

13 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

last week it was split, some waiters wrote down the number on the card an. others took it with them to swipe. i think it depends on the venue. 

i think it depends on the person. Some can remember faces, numbers, etc. Others can't. I can also depend on the venue in that crew work multiple venues and may not have any idea who you are or if you have the package or not.

It’s a fountain soda, not alcohol.  I’d be shocked if anyone trusted you to tell them truthfully about an alcohol package, but it doesn’t cost them much if you lie to them about soda.  Some crew members might prefer to make the customer happy then swipe everyone

Edited by kitkat343

Partner always buys the soda card.  Sometimes they take the folio number or the card itself and swipe it before giving the soda.  I have seen times particularly on the lido deck where they just hand the drink to the pax with no questions asked or have asked if the pax had the package.  In true Princess tradition, it all depends on who is doing the serving.  

45 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

My guess is that it doesn’t matter at that stage, they ring it up to your account, if you have the package the system doesn’t charge you, if you don’t, it does.

That is not my guess. With the alcohol package, there are often posts by those with the package who occasionally still find they were charged for a drink that should have been included at no cost.

I recently had the soda and more package.  Sometimes they took the card, other times the waiter would just note the number.  One time I was actually at the bar when he swiped my card and I saw the screen came up with highlighting when he put the order in so that was presumably confirming that I had the package.