My TA went out of business!

allaboard2019

Sorry to hear this - it's no way to start a vacation!    If it turns out, worst case, that your money was never forwarded to RCI, then check with your credit card company.    When Aloha airlines suddenly quit business many years ago, our credit card company refunded our pre-paid fare, even though it had been paid many months earlier.   

as stated already, see if your reservation is on line with the cruise company. If so, have all the info about original T/A you have at hand. Contact any of the large T/A and tell them you want to transfer the booking to them. Let them deal with the cruise line.

21 hours ago, allaboard2019 said:

I called RC, and they told me I had to email agency changes so they can return the reservation to me. :classic_ohmy:

Anyone else have this experience?

Also check with your credit card company;  some cards have trip insurance as part of the card benefits

if  they booked on RCCL  all they need to do is  have the  TA taken off the file  & make sure  the booking  is up to date as far as payments  go

The  cruise is  not cancelled so they are still good to go

they may lost any perks  the TA may have given them if not part of  the cruiseline promotion

RCCL  can take over the booking

23 hours ago, allaboard2019 said:

I called RC, and they told me I had to email agency changes so they can return the reservation to me. :classic_ohmy:

Anyone else have this experience?

Lots of folks do, for various reasons.  The email addy is Agencychanges@RCCL.com

just explain that the TA is out of business and RCCL will take over the booking.  You can access your booking the website just as if you booked it directly with them.