Favorite Cruise Ports

kaseyj79

Hurricanes rarely affect the Southern Caribbean....but should one occur, it can affect your route to and from the S. Carib.....But, just so you know, "hurricane season" only means conditions could be good for storms to form....doesn't mean they will!

On 11/11/2018 at 10:20 AM, kaseyj79 said:

What is everyone's favorite port and/or cruise itinerary?

My favorite port is Nassau in The Bahamas but that's because I'm a little bit in love with the Atlantis water-park...

Edited by CoW mAn
typo

Well my favourite ports were Bay of Virgins Fatu Hiva and Fakarava, but I don't think that is much help to you since that cruise would be beyond your time limit😉. But there are plenty of shorter cruises around the Pacific if you do ever consider the area. The cheaper ones are usually the Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia routes. Also I would second the recommendation for Rappa Nui aka Easter Island. I myself flew there but it ranks as one of my best holidays so any opportunity you get to visit there I would take it. 

Well not because of what I believe the OP is looking for, I was fascinated with the LA port. We left from there and had a large balcony and hung out on it all day watching them sort and move the containers. Just a wonder in logistics.

On 11/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, zqvol said:

Consider some of these European ports:

Paros, Delos. Lesvos and Sifnos in Greece. Kotor, Dubrovnik, Sebniek, and a Cornith Canal transit. Nothing in the Caribbean compares to any of those stops.

And I would say:
 Nothing in Europe compares to the Caribbean.

It all comes down to what you are looking for.

You guys have really give me so many good ideas. We did book a southern Caribbean cruise for Sept of this year, but we are also looking to take 2 cruises in 2020. One we definitely want to stay in the Caribbean since we will be taking our teenage sons on their first cruise. The second cruise we are looking at places outside of our comfort zone. Has anyone done an Alaskan cruise? We were also looking at the Mexican Riviera. I'm not sure why, but I have zero interest in Hawaii. Eventually we want to hit Europe, but I think that will be a couple of years at this point.