Your favorite food On Princess

josephml1

Since the Volcano is on the kid's menu and since kids are allowed to eat all meals, I'm guessing that it is available at lunch in the Dining Room, assuming the Dining Room is open for lunch on any given day.  Good luck!

My faves:

Goat Cheese Souffle

Eggplant Parmiagiana

Key Lime Pie

Gingerbread Souffle [seasonal]

And the Vitello Tonnato on the old Sabatini's menu. 

So bummed my next cruise is on a ship with the new yucky menu.  They should change the venue name from Sabatini's to 50 Shades of Artichoke.  Blech. 

1 minute ago, cruiserguy135 said:

Is that the famous Steak and Guinness pie? Or the Steak and Kidney?

Ooooh YA !   ate two of em' as I hadn't seen one since Reagan was president, did't know if I'd see one ever again

On 11/20/2018 at 11:57 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

Crown Grill.  

My favorite is a  2.5 pound Tomahawk Ribeye Steak.   Prepared Pittsburg Black and Blue.

King

Pittsburg Black and Blue sounds delicious!!  While I can't eat 2.5 pounds, I would love to ask them to prepare this way with a regular rib eye!  YUM!! I'll try and if the Maitre D laughs at me when I make the special request, I'll just smile.   🙂

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have had the Fettucine Alfredo on past Princess cruises and love it.  But, I never had it served in a Parmesan bowl.  From posts on this Message Board, I assume that the bowl is edible?

Oh, yes!

On 11/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, meatloafsfan said:

a couple more:

French toast in the dining room -

39013396141_0133ddc74b_z.jpg

Rice pudding served at lunch one day - it was one of the best I've ever had despite the presence of nefarious raisins

25143075878_98b594b951_z.jpg

Muffeletta Sandwich at lunch in the MDR. So good

38297827604_7103bb03eb_z.jpg

A real muffuletta with olive salad?Any particular ship or itinerary? I think I’d book a cruise just for that!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, jagsfan said:

A real muffuletta with olive salad?Any particular ship or itinerary? I think I’d book a cruise just for that!

Caribbean Princess - actually had one for lunch again yesterday. Very good (last years was a bit better but who's to complain when you're cruising?)

I hope Crown will have it next April. I presume in the MDR?

i had by first muffuletta in Nola around ‘77. 

I had read about Central Grocery being the originator, so I headed right there. Ordered a whole one because I had no idea how big it would be. Sat in Jackson Square and started eating. I got halfway through the second wedge and was done. My DH wouldn’t touch it, so there I was with a pristine half of a mufalletta. 

I walked over to an obviously homeless guy lying on a bench and offered it to him, saying it was untouched. He asked if it had meat in it, and I said yes. He said “No thanks, I’m a vegetarian”. 

Luckily I found another guy who was very happy to get it. 

I always laugh when I remember that day. It disproves Phyllis Diller’s advice to homemakers to give their families very late dinners. She said “Starving people will eat anything “.

On the other hand, he could have been very hungry, but he stuck to his beliefs. 

On 11/23/2018 at 2:48 AM, Lucky TGO said:

OK I don’t care what they call it. :classic_smile:  I just want one right now and here’s one for someone else !!! :classic_love: :classic_love: 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

28EAC258-A554-4615-B5E5-EB3EF2A38723.jpeg

E3787267-112F-4D2F-A178-3E42D8B72D63.jpeg

Had one last night, Captain. Sure didn’t look like this one!

My volcano had structural failure. By the time it got to me it had all melted down to the point that the business end of the volcano rose barely an inch and a half above the top of the bowl. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 12:57 AM, Kingofcool1947 said:

Crown Grill.  

My favorite is a  2.5 pound Tomahawk Ribeye Steak.   Prepared Pittsburg Black and Blue.

King

5AB36EBA-1E93-4296-912A-EFBC64A93FD5_zps

Oh to find a place that really  knows what Pittsburgh style is. My favorite way of cooking a thick cut rib steak.

18 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

OMG!!  What is it? 

It's called Princess' Extraordinary Chocolate Quartet.  It is the dessert that comes with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.  The description is "delicate quenelles of dark, swiss, milk and white chocolate mousseline."

3 hours ago, XBGuy said:

It's called Princess' Extraordinary Chocolate Quartet.  It is the dessert that comes with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.  The description is "delicate quenelles of dark, swiss, milk and white chocolate mousseline."

Made me get out my dictionary!

3 hours ago, XBGuy said:

They are DELICIOUS!! ❤️