Your favorite food On Princess

josephml1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

True.  I want a real muffuletta, though and have a sinking feeling I won’t get it on a cruise ship!

There's this great little place on Poydras St....................

Edited by Ep010835
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

There's this great little place on Poydras St....................

I like to get mine where it originated, Central Grocery, and sit in Jackson Square to eat it. 

Or Napoleon’s House, where they serve it warm. 

Of course, if I was there, I’d have to go to Acme for a Po’ Boy, and to Mother’s for debris on a biscuit. But I digress.....

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Well, tell me please, what is on a REAL muffuletta.

Well, you slice a round loaf of Italian bread in half and pile on olive salad, smoked ham, Genoa salami and provolone cheese. 

Olive salad is not gardiniera. It’s very finely chopped. You can get it online. 

No mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Nothing but those ingredients. 

Then you cut it into four wedges. 

Pay no attention to the people who add to or subtract from the muffuletta.  

They’re like Emeril putting garlic on a lobster roll! 

Central Grocery in Decatur St in New Orleans originated it, and I read about it in a review back in the 70’s before my first visit to New Orleans. The review talked about the raunchy, stinky, but delicious sandwich. So I had to try it. 

You can buy it whole, or just a half. A half is more than I can eat. 

It’s a standout in a city full of wonderful food and places to find it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Well, you slice a round loaf of Italian bread in half and pile on olive salad, smoked ham, Genoa salami and provolone cheese. 

Olive salad is not gardiniera. It’s very finely chopped. You can get it online. 

No mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Nothing but those ingredients. 

Then you cut it into four wedges. 

Pay no attention to the people who add to or subtract from the muffuletta.  

They’re like Emeril putting garlic on a lobster roll! 

Central Grocery in Decatur St in New Orleans originated it, and I read about it in a review back in the 70’s before my first visit to New Orleans. The review talked about the raunchy, stinky, but delicious sandwich. So I had to try it. 

You can buy it whole, or just a half. A half is more than I can eat. 

It’s a standout in a city full of wonderful food and places to find it. 

Thank you jagsfan,  sounds wonderful!

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, Coral said:

I love their souffles!

I love prime rib but Princess seems to be able to ruin it however they cook it. It is not that difficult and they still ruin it! They have the absolute worst prime rib.

My husband said they succeeded in making it taste like liver.  I have never eaten it as I don't like Prime Rib

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Carbenara (sp)!!!  I have to always ask for extra sauce.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, Dutchie13 said:

Alfredo's pizza! I usually have the veggie and ask for roasted garlic to be added.... yummie :classic_biggrin:

Agree Alfredo's pizza, hands down.

I love the room service lasagna, the escargot, the pastries at the International Cafe, the goat cheese soufflé, the room service chocolate cake, anything at Share, etc...

now I am starving and can’t wait until May- if I can make it work!

53 minutes ago, tlovesdis said:

I still dream about my very favorite thing I ate on our Alaskan cruise...the beef cheeks at Sabatini's!!!!  Praying they still have them in February 2020!!!!

I have to agree.  That looks pretty good.  There are, of course, two versions of Sabatini's on various ships, now.  I went to the Princess site and reviewed their menus, because I now want that.  I could not find anything like that in the "Old Sabatini's" menu.  However, the new Sabatini's Trattoria menu has a pasta dish called Buckwheat Pappardelle.  The description is "wide ribbon pasta, celeriac, nebbiolo-braised beef cheek."  Do you think this is what you had?

Regarding your 2020 cruise, go to the Princess web site and hover your curser over "Onboard Our Ships.  A drop-down box will appear with several options.  In the drop-down box, under "Ship Information" click on "Ships."  Then click on the ship you are sailing.  Then click on "Specialty Dining."  You will be presented with all the specialty dining options that are available on that ship.  If you see "Sabatini's Italian Trattoria" listed, then I think there is a very good chance that your prayers will be answered.

Buon Appetito.

I, on the other hand, am going to have to book another cruise.  We are currently booked on the Ruby Princess in April.  That ship has SHARE, which is a restaurant that I like very much.  So, that's more than OK.  In September we are booked on the Royal Princess, and it appears that the Royal Princess has Sabatini's, which I take to mean the old menu.  Also, however, the Royal Princess has Alfredo's, which I am, very much, looking forward to trying,