Hawaii sea day

djg541

Planning an April cruise San Diego-Hawaii-return in April '19

With many sea days just wondering what to expect temperature wise on the Pacific that time of year?

Im sure San Diego and the Islands will be comfortable, just want to get an idea of sea day temps.

Any experiences?. I know weather can vary,but just generally.

Thanks,

DJG541

Have done the April Hawaii many times and find, as above posters mention, cool weather until the second day before the first port.  Reverse of this sailing back.  Seas are often "bouncy", but rarely rough.  Often wind.  So, a mixed bag which is common to most cruises.

Enjoy your sea days!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I want to let you know we have done this cruise with HAL so many times!

we live in Encinitas about 20 minutes from Downtown San Diego. We live on the coast. The first 2 days as explained will be chilly enough to wear my fleece when we walk the promenade! Also the ocean always gets choppy enough for us to take precautions with sea sick medicine (Dramamine the first 2 days! ) I’ve never have gotten sick but I’m all about staying well👍

Will be on The Eurodam this coming March doing a round trip to Hawaii and Tahiti!

smooth sailings

Denise😊

• 2 months later...

This question is off topic but I am hoping any of you might be able to  help.  We are on the 17 circle Hawaii leaving October 20th. I would like to know how many Gala nights there will be and which nights they will be on. It will help us decide our Pinnacle and Rudi pop up dinner.

Thanks in advance.

On our 18 day circle Hawaii on the Oosterdam (December 2017) we had 3 Gala nights: The second sea day after leaving San Diego, the first sea day after leaving the islands, and the last sea day (just before arriving in Ensenada). There is no guarantee that you will have the same schedule. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 3:48 PM, cb at sea said:

We were in Hawaii in April, and I was chilly the entire time.....(this was pre-hot flashes!)....the winds are quite cool, IMO!  Bring a sweater!

Hawaii in April  will be a bit rainy...   and temps in the mid 70'- low 80.   Humidity about 70-75%

Remember islands like Hawaii  you visit elevations  to about 4500" -130000     low 50s to 60's on Maui elevation to 9000 ft temps in the 40-50     Kauai 3500 ft  temps in the low 60.       Sea temp will be around 79-80    temps at sea level  low 80.     Rain almost every afternoon   more on eastern sides.......    I used to live there as a NPS Ranger.......  April and October   best