unable to send message

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Nothing.  There has never been the possibility of sending a message to another member on Cruise Critic.  EM

IIRC, at one time I was able to put some kind of Yahoo instant messenger link onto my posts....is that still possible?

29 minutes ago, bob brown said:

IIRC, at one time I was able to put some kind of Yahoo instant messenger link onto my posts....is that still possible?

I do not think YM  is still active  but you could  just put it in your signature

3 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Can you do that without posting your actual email address?

not  sure  I understand ?

maybe put your YM I.D. 

I thought  that  YM was no more  so I would check to see if it still works

I just use my email  in the signature  ..you could always  get an email specifically for  CC  like Gmail

I am not sure about "YM" any more either....back them there was a sort of "Y" icon to click on, that would direct the message to your Yahoo mail account, without revealing to the sender your address, IIRC   

Havn't used it for a very long time, so not at all sure how it works, or if it still does.

I would rather not list any mailbox in my signature for every post...I have given it out in the body of some posts when I found it necessary to communicate....

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN28776.html

here is  the YM answer

3 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I am not sure about "YM" any more either....back them there was a sort of "Y" icon to click on, that would direct the message to your Yahoo mail account, without revealing to the sender your address, IIRC   

Havn't used it for a very long time, so not at all sure how it works, or if it still does.

I would rather not list any mailbox in my signature for every post...I have given it out in the body of some posts when I found it necessary to communicate....

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

My messages are not being sent on Reflection roll call.  Only saving.  Very odd as I can send messages in Azamara and Solstice roll calls.  I get a message that browser notifications enabled.  Why isn't it working in this roll call when the other 2 roll calls work!!  Am I only allowed to be in 2 roll calls???

8 minutes ago, onthebalcony said:

My messages are not being sent on Reflection roll call.  Only saving.  Very odd as I can send messages in Azamara and Solstice roll calls.  I get a message that browser notifications enabled.  Why isn't it working in this roll call when the other 2 roll calls work!!  Am I only allowed to be in 2 roll calls???

You can be in as many Roll Calls as you want.  Could you please be more specific when you say that your "messages are not being sent on Reflection Roll Call."  What do you mean by messages?  Are you unable to post a comment in your Reflection Roll Call?  

32 minutes ago, onthebalcony said:

I can't post a comment in Reflection roll call.  I was able to post before but not now.  Message is saved in the roll call to send but only is saving.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Anne

Can you please post a link here to the Roll Call in question.   Are you typing a comment in the open comment box and then hitting the Submit Reply button when you are ready to post? 

Hi,

Here is the link: 

I don't know how this came thru, but click on the above 11/5/2019 line and it will take you to roll call.

I am typing in comment box and clicking on submit reply.  Only saves.

Thanks for helping!!!  Sorry I am not being clearer for you!!  LOL

34 minutes ago, onthebalcony said:

I don't know how this came thru, but click on the above 11/5/2019 line and it will take you to roll call.

I am typing in comment box and clicking on submit reply.  Only saves.

Thanks for helping!!!  Sorry I am not being clearer for you!!  LOL

I had no problem posting there.  The only thing I can think of now is to clear your cookies.  Something seems to be hanging up for you in that specific thread (since you can post here).   Let us know what happens.   Thanks.

21 minutes ago, onthebalcony said:

How to I clear cookies?  I tried to send another message here but it didn't go thru!!

This is very frustrating!!!!

Are you talking about a "post" (a comment posted to a thread)?  Or a "message" (as in using the little message icon)?

Are you accessing the Roll Call via the "Find Your Roll Call" link?  Or going directly (via the main form page and clicking on "Celebrity Reflection Roll Calls" link?

I am posting in the box below the postings.  Have no idea about the little message icon.  Where is that??? I go to Celebrity roll calls and click on Reflection.  I am only having trouble with this roll call.  I can post in Azamara and Solstice roll calls without any problems.  Any ideas what is going on with this one???

Tried to figure out how to delete cookies but had no luck!!

Thanks for any help.

19 minutes ago, onthebalcony said:

I go to Celebrity roll calls and click on Reflection.

Again I ask, are you using the "Find Your Roll Call" link to access that roll call?

Or are you accessing it via the main Cruise Critic page, "Roll Calls" forum?

Which Roll Call are you trying to post on?

I am using the main Cruise Critic page, boards, then to roll call forum.  I am trying to post in Celebrity Reflection.  Don't understand why I can't post in this roll call!!  I did post a couple of posts but now I can't.  I have no trouble in Azamara or Celebrity Solstice.

Hope this is clear!