MDR entree delivered to coastal kitchen

To clarify my husband really likes chicken cordon bleu.  But I wanted what was on the CK menu.  SO I was trying to accommodate  both of us.  Sounds like it's an issue.  Will decide where we go once on board.  Thanks Bob for your information.  Very helpful as usual.

1 hour ago, cruisinrealtor said:

To clarify my husband really likes chicken cordon bleu.  But I wanted what was on the CK menu.  SO I was trying to accommodate  both of us.  Sounds like it's an issue.  Will decide where we go once on board.  Thanks Bob for your information.  Very helpful as usual.

One possibility.  I believe in suite class on the oasis class ships, you can order room service from the MDR or coastal kitchen menu.  It may be possibly for that night to have a nice dinner on your balcony and you can each get what you want?    I apologize if I am remembering incorrectly.  perhaps someone can jump in if I am mistaken.  

2 minutes ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

One possibility.  I believe in suite class on the oasis class ships, you can order room service from the MDR or coastal kitchen menu.  It may be possibly for that night to have a nice dinner on your balcony and you can each get what you want?    I apologize if I am remembering incorrectly.  perhaps someone can jump in if I am mistaken.  

Thank you so much.  What  great idea. 

4 minutes ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

I believe that you can only order from the MDR menu to be delivered to your room

Full suite room service is from MDR only NOT CK.  Just let the CK manager know in advance and I am sure (as others have already reported on this same subject and on other threads) that they would be more than happy to go and fetch it for you.  Keep in mind that MDR is on floors 3,4 and 5 and CK is on 17 so someone is going to have to run down to get it.  I find the MDR food on RCI repulsive so have never asked them to get me anything from down there but rest assured others have asked and have been accommodated.  As in all things your mileage may vary.  Just ask worse they can say is no.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 1

This past allure cruise, the ck manager would not get a dish from the mdr.  Wife wanted shrimp something in mdr and we were eating in ck that night as mdr had nothing I wanted.  Asked nicely in the morning if I could get two orders of shrimp for wifes dinner.  Was informed it was not possible.  We were able to do this last time we were on allure so ymmv.  

Our solution was to order it to be delivered to our room and she brought it to dinner in ck with her.  Actually asked a couple other people if they also wanted shrimp and brought them some too.  Manager came up to me and told me he was sorry he couldn't accomodate request.  I said no problem as we found a solution.  He said that it was busy and if he did that for us then he would have to accomodate anyone else that saw us eating it. Then he would have to send someone to get it and that would leave him short handed in ck.  This way he had deniability to others.