Edit signature

6 minutes ago, lorenzod said:

How do you get to the edit signature page.  I need to change my old cpunt down clock to sailed and create a new one for our next voyage.

Click on your username in the upper right.  Click on "Account Settings"  On the next page, on the left is the "Signature" link.

Be aware there are restrictions to signatures now:

•  Maximum of 2 images
  •  Images up to 447 x 204 pixels
  •  Maximum of 3 URLs
  •  Maximum of 10 lines

12 minutes ago, CrazyCruisersRUs said:

So is 10 lines maximum 10  upcoming cruises?  And where is countdown clock now?  Been a while since I was here...🙄

New coutdown clock maker:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

No, 10 lines is 10 lines.  If you have an image on one line, then you now have 9 lines.

7 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

New coutdown clock maker:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

No, 10 lines is 10 lines.  If you have an image on one line, then you now have 9 lines.

Ten lines is 10 carriage returns OR ten 140 (?)-character lines without carriage returns. You can get a lot more than 10 ships in your list if you don't hit return after each ship. Depending on how wide your screen is, it may appear as more than 10 lines on your screen--or less than 10 lines. 

35 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Ten lines is 10 carriage returns OR ten 140 (?)-character lines without carriage returns. You can get a lot more than 10 ships in your list if you don't hit return after each ship. Depending on how wide your screen is, it may appear as more than 10 lines on your screen--or less than 10 lines. 

I'm not sure how it's specifically measured.  All I know is about every 3rd day or so, my signature doesn't require expansion to see it.  

It looks to be an honest to goodness ten lines, regardless of the number of characters. Line breaks or returns start a new line and increment the count. I tried pasting 5 paragraphs of Lorem Ipsum text and it took. It was a total of 500 words, 5 paragraphs, with 5 blank lines between them. 

I didn't keep the test though, because I'm kind of fond of my impossible signature with a left justified image, a right justified image, and a centered, middle-aligned block of text. 

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

I didn't keep the test though, because I'm kind of fond of my impossible signature with a left justified image, a right justified image, and a centered, middle-aligned block of text. 

You've now made me curious enough to actually switch on signatures so I can have a look at yours!

13 hours ago, Globaliser said:

You've now made me curious enough to actually switch on signatures so I can have a look at yours!

My signature is actually a 3 column, 1 row table with a width of 100%. The cell widths are set to auto, so they'll resize based on the content. The left cell is left aligned. The right cell is right aligned. The center cell is both center aligned and vertically aligned to the middle. (That's so the text lines up nicely with respect to the images. It will look nicest if the images are close in height. 

You cannot make this signature in the CC editor, but you can copy mine and swap out the elements. 

• 4 weeks later...

Im so bummed that my signature is restricted. So now i cant add or take away from what i currently have without having to change it entirely to meet the new requirements. We (the wife and I) cruise ALOT and i like to keep a record but i guess that ship has sailed (pun intended)

2 hours ago, dalenjen said:

We (the wife and I) cruise ALOT and i like to keep a record

Which is the biggest reason for the change.  Many people here aren't really interested in reading huge, long lists of previous cruises that others put in their signatures.

May I suggest maintaining a document on your computer that you can just add to as necessary?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Which is the biggest reason for the change.  Many people here aren't really interested in reading huge, long lists of previous cruises that others put in their signatures.

May I suggest maintaining a document on your computer that you can just add to as necessary?

Oh we do keep our own records. I do feel these new restrictions are not needed. We currently have 5 cruises planned for next year. I cant even list the cruise countdown clocks for those. It just for fun but the long signatures auto-hid on comments so restricting the size is just silly

I agree.  This use to make cruise Critic more fun to see what ships everyone else had traveled on and the countdown clocks made the anticipation more exciting.  I hope Cruise Critic reads our posts and changes it back to the way it was.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I haven't updated my signature because it's gonna be too much trouble to get it down to 10 lines.  It used to be I just added each new cruise.  Not now.  

You are making everything harder, not easier!

17 minutes ago, Ginny Ray said:

thank you I had to take out all my pretty diamonds and now i do not see mine or anyones signature

I see your signature. When you go back to edit signature, under the restrictions there is a switch for View Signatures?

2 hours ago, mafig said:

I haven't updated my signature because it's gonna be too much trouble to get it down to 10 lines.  It used to be I just added each new cruise.  Not now.  

You are making everything harder, not easier!

I am glad those long lines of cruises are gone. Took uo too much space. 

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I am glad those long lines of cruises are gone. Took uo too much space. 

True, but only if you expand it. The condensed signature is not very big.

I don't know if it stays expanded the next time you come back to the thread, but how often will you expand signatures.