RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

I am still confused about the cruise points.  We are cruising next month and currently have a junior suite.  We will turn diamond on this cruise.  I just received a Royal Up email to bid on some higher category suites.  If I do that and end up getting a higher category suite do I only get 1 cruise point per night?  I have read this is the case but I am wondering since I already am booked in a JS with 2 points per night if I would keep them?

Could someone clear up my confusion?  I won't bid if it means we will not reach Diamond status getting only 1 point per night.

You won't get the extra cruise points if you use RoyalUp to upgrade to a suite from a non-suite.

1 minute ago, FrannyK said:

I am still confused about the cruise points.  We are cruising next month and currently have a junior suite.  We will turn diamond on this cruise.  I just received a Royal Up email to bid on some higher category suites.  If I do that and end up getting a higher category suite do I only get 1 cruise point per night?  I have read this is the case but I am wondering since I already am booked in a JS with 2 points per night if I would keep them?

Could someone clear up my confusion?  I won't bid if it means we will not reach Diamond status getting only 1 point per night.

You get the points for the cabin you originally bought, so you bought a JS, so 2 points per night.

• Like 3

Looks like last minute upgrades may be happening more often. We sail tomorrow on Mariner. When we left for the airport this morning we hadn’t heard so I assumed I would get my denial today but instead by the time we landed we got an upgrade that two days ago showed “unavailable “ I had a lower category showing pending so if I got one I expect that. Nice surprise for us!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

Looks like last minute upgrades may be happening more often. We sail tomorrow on Mariner. When we left for the airport this morning we hadn’t heard so I assumed I would get my denial today but instead by the time we landed we got an upgrade that two days ago showed “unavailable “ I had a lower category showing pending so if I got one I expect that. Nice surprise for us!

The denial emails usually come anywhere from 1 am to 6 am the day of the cruise. Congrats!  🙂 

5 hours ago, FrannyK said:

All suites are 2 points per night.

We sail on Sunday on Liberty and we just got upgraded from an interior promenade view to an ocean view balcony.  Yesterday, the Spacious Ocean View Balcony bid said expired and the Ocean View Balcony said pending.  It was over 48 hours out and I could not change anything or cancel bids.  When I read these boards, it was really helpful to understand what was going on so I wanted to post our experience.  We were excited to be upgraded to the ocean view balcony since it is a 50th birthday cruise.  We bid over the minimum but still in the "weak" category.  When I priced it last week, they wanted $1600 more for a balcony so we saved a substantial amount off what we could have upgraded now for.  

Edited by KB Cruisin
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I think Royal possible hold back some rooms for upgrades 

My TA said she checked and only room available was an inside cabin 

I’m traveling with my TA this trip and we both have bids in.  We’ll see I guess.  
pill keep ya posted.   15 days and counting.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 10:05 AM, RFerrington said:

You're going to love the Star Loft.  They are incredible suites.  The views are magnificent. Only bad thing is that you will be spoiled forever.  Let us know when your Genie contacts you and who it is.

BTW, which ship ?

I received our email yesterday. We have Marla. Have you had her before? 

5 hours ago, Tesam said:

I received our email yesterday. We have Marla. Have you had her before? 

Hi 

We had Marla last year on Symphony and she’s great. She gave us loads of options on board & if we wanted to try something a bit different she made it happen. You will be so spoilt... it was a shock going back to a ‘normal’ room. Enjoy!

We have a guarantee suite. We haven’t been assigned a room but received a Royal Up offer today. It list us at Jr suite. Does anyone know if that means we will definitely be in a jr suite if we don’t bid? I know there’s no definite answer. Hoping to hear other experiences.