RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, benkon said:

We got the JS upgrade email just now!!  Super excited.  Can anyone tell me what kind of bathroom to expect (shower/tub/# of toilets/etc.)?  The Odyssey has only sparse details about staterooms on the site.  We are in 12638 -  J4 starboard on the bump out.  I'd appreciate any details you might have!

Woo-hoo!!!

Congratulations!!!!

3 hours ago, benkon said:

We got the JS upgrade email just now!!  Super excited.  Can anyone tell me what kind of bathroom to expect (shower/tub/# of toilets/etc.)?  The Odyssey has only sparse details about staterooms on the site.  We are in 12638 -  J4 starboard on the bump out.  I'd appreciate any details you might have!

Woo-hoo!!!

We had a J4 cabin #13238 on our August Odyssey cruise. The room had the split bathroom. When you entered the cabin, to the right was a bathroom with a toilet and sink. To the left was a bathroom with a bathtub, sink, and small walk-in shower with a rain head. 

Edited by sandebeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ustasmom said:

I have gotten that message on two different cruises. And I never got an email to Royal Up either.

So what happened in the end? You were not able to resolve the issue and unable to bid upgrade?

I contacted my TA and they haven’t responded. 

Edited by marktwothousand

31 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

So what happened in the end? You were not able to resolve the issue and unable to bid upgrade?

I contacted my TA and they haven’t responded. 

I've bid and won Royal Up with the TA so it isn't that. But now the entire cruise seems to have been closed to new bookings. One would think that they would work on upgrades but who knows.

15 hours ago, benkon said:

Woo-hoo!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you ever get a new set of RoyalUp options if you change your stateroom? For my December cruise I originally booked just an interior GTY. Got a list of RoyalUp bids ranging from OV to Spacious Balcony and bid on them. Recently had a huge price drop and switched to Balcony GTY from less than I originally paid for the interior. Right now my RoyalUP page is still showing the same options and saying my booked stateroom is interior GTY

12 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

Do you ever get a new set of RoyalUp options if you change your stateroom? For my December cruise I originally booked just an interior GTY. Got a list of RoyalUp bids ranging from OV to Spacious Balcony and bid on them. Recently had a huge price drop and switched to Balcony GTY from less than I originally paid for the interior. Right now my RoyalUP page is still showing the same options and saying my booked stateroom is interior GTY

I never changed staterooms when Royal Up was in motion. They probably have to do some sort of sync to see what rooms you qualify for to upgrade to, and it might not be dynamic. (ie. happens immediately.) My guess is there is some system back end process does a clean up routine at some predefined time. When that happens is anyone's guess, but I'm pretty sure it exists. Because what if you put a bid in for a Balcony, and you already are in one... They would need to clean that bid up.. remove ones that will be a downgrade, and repopulate with new options for you.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 5:15 PM, benkon said:

We got the JS upgrade email just now!!  Super excited.  Can anyone tell me what kind of bathroom to expect (shower/tub/# of toilets/etc.)?  The Odyssey has only sparse details about staterooms on the site.  We are in 12638 -  J4 starboard on the bump out.  I'd appreciate any details you 

Been following your journey congratulations 🎊.  

Edited by Steve&Teri

3 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

It took mine 2 days to update after I did an upgrade.

• Like 1

We just won a Junior Suite RoyalUp bid on the Odyssey of the Seas departing Nov. 6th.  About a week ago I was sure I was going to get my bid for the Grand Suite 1 Bedroom with large balcony but in the last 3 days that was unavailable and the Junior Suite turned to pending after being unavailable.  Obviously, they got a better bid on the Grand Suite than mine.  There were and still are many Junior Suites still available with huge price reductions. My upgrade was from a Oceanview Balcony with a bid of $85pp. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I heard back from my TA as to why RoyalUP wasn’t letting me log in. He said to check back on 21 days before the sailing. 

anyone ever heard this before? Or maybe he inquired to Royal for me and that’s what they told him? 

TAs can make up BS just like RCI reps. Check with others on your sailing (via the Roll Call thread) to see if it's available to them.

Just received the Congrats email and new documents. It transpired like everyone mentioned. Yesterday, one bid changed to "expired" and the other bid was "Pending" but the Modify and Cancel buttons went away - so I guess that indicates the "locked" status folks have mentioned.

Since we moved to Star Class I should cancel our beverage package? Not sure how that works.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gw2fll said:

Just received the Congrats email and new documents. It transpired like everyone mentioned. Yesterday, one bid changed to "expired" and the other bid was "Pending" but the Modify and Cancel buttons went away - so I guess that indicates the "locked" status folks have mentioned.

Since we moved to Star Class I should cancel our beverage package? Not sure how that works.

Thanks everyone.

Yep. Cancel it.. Also any dining package you purchased.

4 minutes ago, gw2fll said:

Thanks everyone.

YIPPEE !!!! Congratulations.

Yes, I would definitely cancel your DBP and UDP (if you have it) and internet.  All of that will be included for you.  I would probably NOT wait for the Genie in this case b/c it may take a while for the Genie to get assigned.  If you are within 48 hours of sailing then you will have to wait on the Genie to take care of this for you, but if you are more than 2 days from sailing, I would take care of it myself so that you will get a cash refund vs OBC.

Edited by RFerrington

15 minutes ago, gw2fll said:

Thanks everyone.

Would you mind sharing what you had and what you bid? Thank you and congrats. 

I am going to try for a Royal Up option for my end of January cruise and have never done it before having the numbers is helpful. I understand each sailing may be different but an idea helps.  

Edited by jonj

Well today was our 45 day check in for our cruise. I checked in and it still had us listed as Gty on our set sail pass. However, this afternoon it changed and revealed Deck 10. And then I remembered the trick with scanning the bar code on your Set sail pass with a QR code scanner to find the cabin number. I did it and it worked!! We're on deck 10, interior cabin. That's cool we didn't want a low deck. Not happy about being under the kiddie pool but we can always change to a different cabin within the same 2V category. So I'm definitely hoping they accept our RoyalUp offer. 80 balconies, 10 JS, 49 promenades, 42 OV, 9 spacious OV, 3 Panoramic OV and 1 Ultra Spacious OV remaining as of yesterday when I counted.

I just wish they would deny my offer or counter so I can bid on an OV room if they're going to deny me a balcony.  I think Royal should have 72 hours to accept, reject or counter. That way we wouldn't be in limbo. 🤪

12 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I think they really want me to give up my cabin.  I just received an offer to bid $25 pp for a junior suite, $90 for a grand suite.  I have 1388 on the Mariner and plan to stay right there.

Did they flat out offer you to switch for that price?  Or did you get an invitation to participate in RoyalUp, and those are the minimum bids?  You have a great cabin, but for $90pp, I would switch to a grand suite in a heart beat, with all of the additional perks.  I think the chance of winning that bid at $90 is very close to zero.  But hey, you never know.  

4 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

Did they flat out offer you to switch for that price?  Or did you get an invitation to participate in RoyalUp, and those are the minimum bids?  You have a great cabin, but for $90pp, I would switch to a grand suite in a heart beat, with all of the additional perks.  I think the chance of winning that bid at $90 is very close to zero.  But hey, you never know.  

That was the Royal Up invitation.  I first received the email on September 27, with minimum bids of $300 pp for the GS, then yesterday another email with the minimum bid of $90.  I reconsidered later this afternoon and bid a small amount over minimum, because you are right - you never know!  Part of me wants to keep 1388, the other part wonders why they sent a second invitation with such a low minimum and thought it would be entertaining to try.  

• Like 1