RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, august16th said:

I received my email on Thursday that I had "won" an upgrade to a JS.  As of right now (2 days til cruise) I have not received a new cabin number.  I've contact my TA, and Royal several times.  They all say I will definitely have a JS, but I wonder!

Has anyone else had to wait this long??

Did you check your Royal App? Sometimes it shows the new cabin there first.  Also, check if your credit card is charged for your bid amount. 

Edited by rim140
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Callan33 said:

Hi! I just booked a cruise three weeks from now on Symphony. What are the odds of being offered a royal up? So far when I check I just get the message “make sure your cruise is under  30 day…” so I’m thinking maybe not eligible?? 

What's your cruise date? I was able to bid on our 11/27/21 cruise. 

You may want to try again, double check for accuracy of your input on RoyalUp page (Correct spelling of name, reservation #). 

2 hours ago, august16th said:

I received my email on Thursday that I had "won" an upgrade to a JS.  As of right now (2 days til cruise) I have not received a new cabin number.  I've contact my TA, and Royal several times.  They all say I will definitely have a JS, but I wonder!

Has anyone else had to wait this long??

Relax!  They have 2 days to get you a cabin number. 

1 hour ago, rim140 said:

Did you check your Royal App? Sometimes it shows the new cabin there first.  Also, check if your credit card is charged for your bid amount. 

Thanks for the reply.  My card has been charged, and the app has not changed. I'll give it until tomorrow and call again.  Maybe they'll upgrade me to a GS at the port...  Wishful thinking,I know!

16 hours ago, bajathree said:

I'm not so sure I would consider a 1 bedroom Aqua suite an upgrade from a CLS.

Depends on whether you care more about the room or the balcony. CLS has a wow factor room with a mediocre balcony. Aqua suite has a mediocre room with a wow factor balcony  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Depends on whether you care more about the room or the balcony. CLS has a wow factor room with a mediocre balcony. Aqua suite has a mediocre room with a wow factor balcony  

IMO the larger room with two bathrooms is the best.  The wow factory balcony doesn't impress me.  Actually might disturb me.  The noise from the bell at the rockclimbing wall and all of the activities including the Aqua theatre would disturb me.  Enjoy the CLS our favorite suite on the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

15 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

IMO the larger room with two bathrooms is the best.  The wow factory balcony doesn't impress me.  Actually might disturb me.  The noise from the bell at the rockclimbing wall and all of the activities including the Aqua theatre would disturb me.  Enjoy the CLS our favorite suite on the ship.

That's what I love about cruising... there's something for everyone!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

That's what I love about cruising... there's something for everyone!

Agree!  However while we love our crown loft, i have a little royal up fever!  If a star class suite with a reasonable bidding offer comes my way, will bid!  Interested in a panoramic suite or the larger loft suites

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

The 2 bed aqua suite's yes...defiantly wow factor balcony.....but the 1 bed not so much on the older Oasis class ships...they did improve on it with Symphony.

• Like 1

Quick question about what rooms can I expect to be allowed to bid on. I’m currently booked in a Neighborhood Balcony Guarantee room on the Allure OTS for our end of February cruise. I figure we would be given an opportunity for an OV Balcony and a JS, but I was hoping we might also get a chance at a GS. Anyone with history with RoyalUp coming from this stateroom category on an Oasis class ship?

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

Quick question about what rooms can I expect to be allowed to bid on. I’m currently booked in a Neighborhood Balcony Guarantee room on the Allure OTS for our end of February cruise. I figure we would be given an opportunity for an OV Balcony and a JS, but I was hoping we might also get a chance at a GS. Anyone with history with RoyalUp coming from this stateroom category on an Oasis class ship?

We are an ocean view balcony on the symphony and we allowed to bid on a grand suite, owners suite and 2 bed owners suite as well as junior suite, and spacious balcony.

On 10/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, diana11 said:

It was my first time on RCL last week and therefore my first time experience of the bid up system. I put a bid for a GS and waited and waited and waited for a response. Finally got the rejection email 24 hours after sailing! What a joke 

OK...that's making sense now.   I've not gotten any updates in 5 days.   3 bids are still pending.  1 has Upgrade Unavailable Status - and i sail tomorrow.     I've wasted a lot of time checking to see if something changed...cause i couldn't help my self.   Oh well...thank you for sharing.   

So, we bid on a Grand Suite (we had booked a balcony) on Oasis about 2 weeks ago. Immediately, our bid became "locked" and we weren't able to modify or cancel or bid on any of the other categories. Today we called to find out why we can't modify or cancel when the program rules say you can change up to 2 days in advance. We were hoping that it meant they accepted our bid and after a lot of time on hold with Royal, it appears that is the case. I will feel better when I actually get the confirmation email! We've never submitted a bid on RoyalUp and bid the minimum on the GS just to see if we'd get it. 

On 10/24/2021 at 7:35 AM, Cruise a holic said:

That's why for me the best of both worlds is the OS. Quiet yet spacious room and balcony. Bathtub and walk-in closet which the CLS lacks. I agree about liking the two bathrooms, but my hatred of stairs makes it a draw. Still, if OS are unavailable I'll take a CLS. 

• Like 1

We are sailing Jan 29 2022 on the Odyssey, are in a balcony room, never have done a Royal Up option before. I understand every sailing is different, however does anyone have a guideline or share what they bid and if it was accepted upgrading to a JS or higher suite? Thank you