RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

22 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You got a RU offer for next year's cruise?  😉

No.  I think my fingers were doing the happy dance!!  Should've said October 25, 2021.  I wish we could find out a year in advance.  It would take all the stress out of the process!

• Haha 3

Hello everyone!  I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on a cabin with 5 people in it.  We have GS 2 Bedroom on Allure in December.  Everyone else on the rollcall got the RU e-mail, but we did not (30 day error when trying manually).  I know with 5 in the cabin, we actually have 2 conf. #s.  Just wondering if any evidence that that may have something to do with it (all 5 of us have same last name).

Thanks all!

11 minutes ago, cmurphy482 said:

Hello everyone!  I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on a cabin with 5 people in it.  We have GS 2 Bedroom on Allure in December.  Everyone else on the rollcall got the RU e-mail, but we did not (30 day error when trying manually).  I know with 5 in the cabin, we actually have 2 conf. #s.  Just wondering if any evidence that that may have something to do with it (all 5 of us have same last name).

Thanks all!

I wouldn't even attempt a RU bid in this situation... it's unlikely there's a room available that will hold you all.

Ok hope someone has some insight of what this may mean .  We have a short cruise on Independence coming up in 3 weeks .  I made 3 bids up until today all where pending today the Jr Suite and 1 bed Grand Suite show expired and Owners Suite is pending still but I can't make adjust.  Any thoughts about what this may mean.

• Like 1

I put in a Bid for Spacious Panoramic Ocean View on Independence. My sailing is just under a months time. Currently shows "Pending" while all my other bids are "Expired". I know a good amount of you have done this in the past. Is that normally a good sign? 

On a cruise a couple weeks ago I bid a jr and GS.  About 3 weeks before the cruise the jr expired and the GS pending and it locked, no adjustments could be made.  5 days before the cruise we won the GS.  This is what happened to me but it doesn’t always happen.  Pending is hope not certainty.  Good luck.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve&Teri said:

Ok hope someone has some insight of what this may mean .  We have a short cruise on Independence coming up in 3 weeks .  I made 3 bids up until today all where pending today the Jr Suite and 1 bed Grand Suite show expired and Owners Suite is pending still but I can't make adjust.  Any thoughts about what this may mean.

It means nothing!  Hopefully you win, but don’t try to read the tea leaves. 

Same exact experience as Ozark above. On board the Mariner and loving the suite life! 12:00 check in, we arrived 11:15, I pointed out we were early and they just said no worries. Since our suite wasn’t ready til 1:15 we stashed our roll boards in the suite lounge. Alejandro prepared cappuccinos for us, we had some treats for lunch, he made ice show reservations for tonight, chef’s table reservation for tomorrow night. It just made everything so easy! Loved our room when we got in! Our room, and the entire ship, sparkles and looks very fresh! These three days will pass way too fast!

• Like 2

This thread has been interesting and informative. Curious, have two bids in for the NOV 7 sailing on Oasis for a Star Loft Suite and a Two Bedroom Aqua Suite (we are currently booked in a Crown Loft Suite). Both bids say "Pending" and the "Modify" button is blue and "Cancel" button is greyed out. How do you tell it is "Locked"?

Also, since we received the RUP invite, all the suites have shown sold out. JS show's up when I try to do a mock booking. Wonder where they are pulling the inventory from or were the invites to bid a "just-in-case" or do they have it blocked for distancing?

New to the process. Thanks for the info. 

Hi! I just booked a cruise three weeks from now on Symphony. What are the odds of being offered a royal up? So far when I check I just get the message “make sure your cruise is under  30 day…” so I’m thinking maybe not eligible?? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gw2fll said:

This thread has been interesting and informative. Curious, have two bids in for the NOV 7 sailing on Oasis for a Star Loft Suite and a Two Bedroom Aqua Suite (we are currently booked in a Crown Loft Suite). Both bids say "Pending" and the "Modify" button is blue and "Cancel" button is greyed out. How do you tell it is "Locked"?

Also, since we received the RUP invite, all the suites have shown sold out. JS show's up when I try to do a mock booking. Wonder where they are pulling the inventory from or were the invites to bid a "just-in-case" or do they have it blocked for distancing?

New to the process. Thanks for the info. 

We are in a crown loft suite currently for a jan sailing on the oasis.  Just curious what was the minimum bbid for a star loft suite 

1 hour ago, gw2fll said:

Wonder where they are pulling the inventory from or were the invites to bid a "just-in-case" or do they have it blocked for distancing?

The latter. RCI may also be doing this as market research- they find out what folks are willing to bid. 

3 hours ago, sean of the seas said:

Is this the way it normally works.

Pricing is always dynamic/fluid with cruising... it's Supply and Demand all the time. 

If a lot of people are bidding or buying at one price, the price will go up.  If nobody is biting at a certain price level, the price will come down.

The only thing you can do is figure out what any particular category is worth TO YOU and purchase/bid accordingly.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are in a crown loft suite currently for a jan sailing on the oasis.  Just curious what was the minimum bbid for a star loft suite

For our December 12 sailing minimum bid for us was $800pp. 2 bd aquatheater as about $600pp. Ultimate panoramic was $300pp.

Grand panoramic was $1350pp and all others were higher from there.

1 bd aquatheater was $200pp, but I’m guessing that, like us, you are trying to move up a class.

16 hours ago, Callan33 said:

Hi! I just booked a cruise three weeks from now on Symphony. What are the odds of being offered a royal up? So far when I check I just get the message “make sure your cruise is under  30 day…” so I’m thinking maybe not eligible?? 

Below are the minimums (pp):

• Royal Loft Suite: 3,000
  • Owners Panoramic: 2,500
  • Grand Panoramic: 1,900
  • Star Loft: 800
  • Aquatheater - 2 BDR: 500
  • Ultimate Panoramic: 400
  • Aquatheater - 1 BDR: 300

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

The only thing you can do is figure out what any particular category is worth TO YOU and purchase/bid accordingly.

I think this post says it all. You bid what it’s worth to you.  First book what you’d be happy with.  Then Royal UP if it’s worth it to you.  Know the price it was going for too.  

We have a bid in 3 weeks.  It’s for the Royal suite on Adventure.  We actually tried to book it when it showed up on the website for what we thought was reasonable.  Our TA said the next morning when she checked for us it was gone.  So either it’s booked and our Royal Up is in case someone cancels or it is being held for a Bingo prize.  We know what it was going for and bid slightly lower which was a weak bid.   Bottom line it’s not worth more then that to us.  And yes I think we have almost zero chance at it.   No worries.  We’re happy with what we have.  TBD.

• Like 2

I received my email on Thursday that I had "won" an upgrade to a JS.  As of right now (2 days til cruise) I have not received a new cabin number.  I've contact my TA, and Royal several times.  They all say I will definitely have a JS, but I wonder!

Has anyone else had to wait this long??