RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

I am still waiting for a cabin update on one of my 2 cabins.  My TA is out of office and RC will not talk to me so I am not sure what to do.  I don't understand how one cabin could update and not the other is the TA had to do something. 

4 minutes ago, shelby2002 said:

Our 11/28 cruise my Royal up now shows one Expired and the Other still pending hope that's a good sign for us.

Just checked and our Ultra Spacious Ocean View bid is expired and the Ocean View Balcony is pending.  No credit card charge yet though...

Booked a balcony cabin for a 3 day Ensenada cruise on Navigator for $230pp.

Royal Up Bids:

Junior Suite: $135pp ($130pp minimum bid)

Grand Suite $355pp ($200pp minimum bid)

2 Bed Grand Suite $365 ($360pp minimum bid)

Grand Suite successfully cleared this AM, 3 days before departure. To be honest, probably could have bid lower on this as even after the upgrade cleared there were 5 GS available. 

End of the day though, think paying $580pp for 3 nights in a GS is still a good deal! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jenjohncourt said:

If you win one of these bids do you get all of the suite perks? For instance the free drinks in the lounge in the evening. I’m bidding on some suites on the Liberty. What’s your favorite suite perk?

Suite lounge happy hour and breakfast in specialty restaurant, did grand suite on Liberty a couple of times. ( in the past I liked the reserved seats for shows and concierge walking you off at end of the cruise, not sure if that is currently available)

Edited by George C

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Suite lounge happy hour and breakfast in specialty restaurant, did grand suite on Liberty a couple of times. ( in the past I liked the reserved seats for shows and concierge walking you off at end of the cruise, not sure if that is currently available)

Thanks George!! Sounds awesome. 

Many people report that their bid is locked with no ability to cancel or modify before they win their bid.  That may be a good sign, but I can report that it does not guarantee a winning bid.

We booked a balcony cabin on Explorer, November 14, 7 day.  Nine days before the cruise my bid for a JS became locked and pending, and bids for GS and GS 2-bdrm became "expired".  I was sure that I was going to win the JS.  But two days before the cruise, the bid for JS turned to "upgrade unavailable", and bids for GS and GS-2 turned back to "pending" and possible to cancel or modify.  I received a rejection letter for all bids the night of the cruise.  

I bid $110pp for the JS and the minimum bid was $50.  I think if I bid just a little higher, I would have won the JS.  I'm curious what the winning bids were for that sailing.  The ship was at 50% capacity and I'm guessing that with so many vacant cabins, most (all?) bids for OV or balcony were successful.  

24 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

Many people report that their bid is locked with no ability to cancel or modify before they win their bid.  That may be a good sign, but I can report that it does not guarantee a winning bid.

We booked a balcony cabin on Explorer, November 14, 7 day.  Nine days before the cruise my bid for a JS became locked and pending, and bids for GS and GS 2-bdrm became "expired".  I was sure that I was going to win the JS.  But two days before the cruise, the bid for JS turned to "upgrade unavailable", and bids for GS and GS-2 turned back to "pending" and possible to cancel or modify.  I received a rejection letter for all bids the night of the cruise.  

I bid $110pp for the JS and the minimum bid was $50.  I think if I bid just a little higher, I would have won the JS.  I'm curious what the winning bids were for that sailing.  The ship was at 50% capacity and I'm guessing that with so many vacant cabins, most (all?) bids for OV or balcony were successful.  

I wondered about this.  I bid on two different cabins, we are four days out and one has gone to expired, one has gone to pending with no ability to modify.  I was curious if it was possible for them to revert back to modifiable.  

1 hour ago, Lou33 said:

I had the same experience on a recent weekend cruise. Originally booked a JS, bid on everything (GS1, GS2, OS, RS). a couple weeks before the OS was the only pending one, everything else locked and expired. 3 days before the OS changed to "upgrade unavailable" and the rest pending, and I could modify my bid on everything, including the unavailable OS. Ended up with the original JS, which we were totally fine with.

25 1/2 hours from boarding and I have 4 bids out there - all still show pending and are able to be edited/deleted.  Is this normal/common?  I keep waiting for some movement either way and it's just stasis.

Once I'm in the cabin I booked, I'm definitely not moving, so should I just wait until cabins are available tomorrow and then cancel them all?  I believe our departure time is 5 PM and I'm pretty sure Royal Up said that bids are editable/cancellable up to 3 hours prior to departure if they haven't already shown accepted or expired.  Please correct me if I am wrong on this...

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, the denial email should come later tonight.

OK, thanks.  I made just minimum bids because I'm fine with the stateroom we have, so I didn't really expect to get any of them, just a shot in the dark.  At this point, I'm just ready to remove any false hope for a miracle.  😄

Received the acceptance email a little bit ago for our 11/28 cruise on Explorer.  Bid a bit over minimum (or what the minimum was to begin with, I believe it fluctuated some) for an Ocean View Balcony and an Ultra Spacious Ocean View.  Thought we my need something bigger with covid concerns as we may actually spend more time in the cabin this go round. We originally booked this cruise roughly two years ago so a regular/direct upgrade was a ridiculous cost.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shelby2002 said:
  • Me too got my email 1/2 hour ago for 11/28 we bid $10 over minimum and got Crown Loft Suite YIPEE.

Congratulations suites are the only way to go ( if it is in your budget) , I sail 11/27 in grand suite but have two bids pending for larger suites 

• Like 1