RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We are already booked in a Star Loft Suite (Star Class), received this Royal Up email today for a cruise in 88 days.

I don’t see any benefits other than size of room for 2 people 😱

Thoughts 🤔

D0DB5547-6F04-4E81-B763-E24FD754888D.jpeg

Stay where you are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So a couple days ago my bid for junior suite was pending and all others expired. I was excited because previous people mentioned that was an indication I may have gotten it, cruise departs on the 12th. 

Now my junior suite bid is "unavailable" and previous expired bids are pending. I think I might have lost the room somehow, any one have experience with this? I've been monitoring this thread for awhile and have never seen a bid go unavailable.

36 minutes ago, christ0ph said:

. I think I might have lost the room somehow,

You can’t lose something you never had. The only thing that matters with Royal Up are a charge on your credit card and a new cabin assignment - ignore everything else. 

• Like 1

Our ship shows no available suites, yet received an RoyalUp offer for lots of different suites.  Two questions: if you "win" do you have to accept the cabin they assign you or can you decline? And, why would they be doing this with no suites available?

51 minutes ago, cookiersmom said:

Two questions: if you "win" do you have to accept the cabin they assign you or can you decline? And, why would they be doing this with no suites available?

Yes,  you are required to accept it.  You can possibly move rooms,  if there is another one available,  but I wouldn't count on it. 

With testing requirements,  and any other issues,  people are always canceling.  At least one canceled today for our cruise on Sunday.  So,  Suites could become available at any time. 

We won our royal up on 12/8 for 12/18 sailing on Symphony.  Moved from ocean view balcony to 1 bdr grand suite. Logged into the royal up and the GS was pending with the OS and 2 bdr GS bids expired. Then got the email within an hour or so, long before the credit card charge was posted. 

For our kids' interior room, royal up is still showing the neighborhood view interior as pending and others expired but no email or charge yet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sonogal said:

We won our royal up on 12/8 for 12/18 sailing on Symphony.  Moved from ocean view balcony to 1 bdr grand suite. Logged into the royal up and the GS was pending with the OS and 2 bdr GS bids expired. Then got the email within an hour or so, long before the credit card charge was posted. 

For our kids' interior room, royal up is still showing the neighborhood view interior as pending and others expired but no email or charge yet. 

Awesome, may I ask what you bid? I am new to it and trying to gage. 

On 12/7/2021 at 3:14 PM, cynt said:

The bidding for our Christmas cruise on Libby has been all over the place. It was sold out all categories. Then only a couple suites and OV balcony guarantees. Then a couple of OV Balconies and JS, Grand and Owners 1 bdrm. Then several OV Balconies and JS. Then just JS, Grand and Owners 1 bdrm. Today 14 OV balconies, 16 JS, 2 Grands and one Owners. 

Looks like things are calming back down and this might be close to the true remaining inventory. But who knows?!?!?  It has been fun tracking all of this. My bids were still pending the other day. Today I keep getting the 504 Gateway error when I try to go to the modify/cancel my bids. I'll try again tomorrow but I jumped on here to see if anyone else was receiving this error message?

Here's hoping no one else books and a lot more balconies cancel so I can get upgraded to a balcony. LOL!! 😁

Ooooo my CC friends this is getting exciting. Just checked my bids and all of them are still pending. So I then proceeded to see who has booked the last few balconies and JS so I can stop obsessing over this bidding nonsense. But to my amazement their are even more balconies available.

17 JS

2 GS

1 OS

But check this out!!!

44 Connecting Balconies (these have been zero for a while)

65 Spacious OVB (14 available the other day)

109 Balconies available. Yep I'm doing my happy dance 💃. Even if I'm not upgraded because you know my bid was the lowest possible, $120/pp, I sure hope someone who bid to upgrade to a balcony gets one. 

That's crazy.

I'm wondering if people are cancelling. I figured there would be a few available next Friday, 12/17 because that's our first test day. But for 100 cabins to become available!?!??!

Happy bidding everyone! 

....and the waiting continues. For those just now following along, we're in a cheap inside guarantee. This is our cheap Christmas present to one another. So we will be happy wherever as long as we're on the ship!!!  So tracking the cabin availability has been entertaining and interesting. 

1 minute ago, cynt said:

I'm wondering if people are cancelling. I figured there would be a few available next Friday, 12/17 because that's our first test day. But for 100 cabins to become available!?!??!

I wonder if it is cancellations or if they are increasing capacity and opened up a bunch of rooms. 

Just now, jonj said:

I wonder if it is cancellations or if they are increasing capacity and opened up a bunch of rooms. 

I didn't think about increasing capacity, I figured it was already at capacity. You might be on to something. I had already mentally prepared for 100% capacity after the reports from the Thanksgiving cruises. 

Still no news on our 12/15 cruise. All higher category suite are showing sold out, so unless someone cancels last minute, I’m guessing not. Also, I hear we’ll loose the double cruise points that was offered during our booking as this promo is gone and the royalup will rebook as a new booking altogether. So, I’d rather take the 20 points for a 5night cruise and , up our C&A status vs a royal suite anyways. Just really want my own private balcony hot tub. It’s the only thing we left a bid on.

14 minutes ago, cccult said:

Still no news on our 12/15 cruise. All higher category suite are showing sold out, so unless someone cancels last minute, I’m guessing not. Also, I hear we’ll loose the double cruise points that was offered during our booking as this promo is gone and the royalup will rebook as a new booking altogether. So, I’d rather take the 20 points for a 5night cruise and , up our C&A status vs a royal suite anyways. Just really want my own private balcony hot tub. It’s the only thing we left a bid on.

No word yet on my 12/13 sailing either. Are you sure you would miss the double points?

42 minutes ago, cccult said:

I have done several Royal Ups. You will still get double points if cruise was booked by September 30. However, you only get points for the original cabin class booked, not the upgraded cabin class. 

We received the offer to Royal UP in an email for the first time.  Does this mean there are so many cabins available?    We really only want one category so do we have to bid on all categories?    DH is thinking about it.  Our cruise is Jan 29.  Do most people get what they wanted?

4 hours ago, shofer said:

We received the offer to Royal UP in an email for the first time.  Does this mean there are so many cabins available?    We really only want one category so do we have to bid on all categories?    DH is thinking about it.  Our cruise is Jan 29.  Do most people get what they wanted?

The offer has nothing to do with how many are or actually will be available.

No...bid on what you want to.

Getting what you bid on is just a chance for a possibility.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

The offer has nothing to do with how many are or actually will be available.

No...bid on what you want to.

Getting what you bid on is just a chance for a possibility.

Thank you so much for posting this!  I bid on a couple of star suites, for my upcoming Feb Odyssey cruise, and had my hopes up way to high.  I’ll just assume that there is no chance of an upgrade (all suites except jr have been sold out for months).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thank you so much for posting this!  I bid on a couple of star suites, for my upcoming Feb Odyssey cruise, and had my hopes up way to high.  I’ll just assume that there is no chance of an upgrade (all suites except jr have been sold out for months).

Wish you luck!  You can always increase your bids if you truly want the upgrade.

I have a RoyalUp bid for a 12/19 sailing that went pending on Friday with the other 4 bids showing expired. I am not able to modify anything. No credit card charges or email yet. Cautious optimism that my bid will be/has been accepted?