RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

First time attempting the Royal Up bid option. 

Odyssey 8 night cruise end of January 2022. Currently in an ocean view balcony category 5D. Can someone help with what you think i should bid? I am comfortable with these amounts but should I bid the max? 

I have also seen people saying they bid a little over max but I don't see how to do this. It will only allow me to slide the bid amount to the max they show. 

Options are

Larger balcony room $190 pp

Junior suite $240 pp (this would be our second choice) 

1b Grand suite $1100 pp (this is the one we would prefer) 

1b Grand suite larger balcony $1800 pp 

2b grand suite $2200 pp

Thank you 

10 minutes ago, jonj said:

I have also seen people saying they bid a little over max but I don't see how to do this. I

I think they meant min, you can’t bid over max. Also, look at what a self upgrade costs. 

Biker, who would bid the min on JS and GS. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think they meant min, you can’t bid over max. Also, look at what a self upgrade costs. 

Biker, who would bid the min on JS and GS. 

Thanks, self upgrades are much higher. From my ocean view balcony to a Junior suite it would be $1500 per person and to a GS would be $3500 per person. 

50 minutes ago, jonj said:

Odyssey 8 night cruise end of January 2022. Currently in an ocean view balcony category 5D. Can someone help with what you think i should bid? I am comfortable with these amounts but should I bid the max? 

I have also seen people saying they bid a little over max but I don't see how to do this. It will only allow me to slide the bid amount to the max they show. 

Options are

2b grand suite $2200 pp

Thank you 

I bid using an iPad and I have to very carefully slide to the right with my finger. Yes,  it’s finicky. Usually I have to slide past the amount I want and then slide back. I can get it to just 5 over min.  

11 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

I bid using an iPad and I have to very carefully slide to the right with my finger. Yes,  it’s finicky. Usually I have to slide past the amount I want and then slide back. I can get it to just 5 over min.  

I am assuming most people bid minimum and not max correct? Or a bit above min?

Edited by jonj

1 hour ago, jonj said:

Options are

2b grand suite $2200 pp

Thank you 

To clarify those amounts are the MAX bids. 

Minimum bids are as follows. If we really wanted a good chance at the GS what would you bid? 

JS $100 pp

1b GS $105 pp 

1b GS larger balcony $210 pp

2b GS $300 pp 

Still no luck with 1/2/22 or 1/9/22 Harmony.  Still coming up as "error" message stating incorrect info and not within 30 days.   Though it is 24 days now. 

However, just got an email to ask me to bid on Odyssey 1/29/22 cruise.  Huh???   Way over the "30 days".   Plus as far as I can tell,  all the full suites are sold out.  

Glitch in the system?  Or maybe they don't want to offer upgrades for early Jan. Harmony?  

Just after I posted, was finally able to get in to both the 1/2 and 1/9 bidding process for Harmony.  

Just over minimum bid on GS and CLS....now for the wait.  

But not unhappy with the JS (great location) I have already.    Had booked very early, and snagged great deal on it.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just after I posted, was finally able to get in to both the 1/2 and 1/9 bidding process for Harmony.  

But not unhappy with the JS (great location) I have already.    Had booked very early, and snagged great deal on it.  

I'm also on the Harmony 1/9. Currently in an owner's suite from lift and shift at a great price thinking of bidding on the two bedroom aqua theater suite although I don't know what I need with two bedrooms by myself but what the heck.  Might also bid on a CL

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jonj said:

To clarify those amounts are the MAX bids. 

Minimum bids are as follows. If we really wanted a good chance at the GS what would you bid? 

JS $100 pp

1b GS $105 pp 

1b GS larger balcony $210 pp

2b GS $300 pp 

I find that a JS really isn't worth much more than a balcony.  At the other end, I really, really like the space of a 2Bed GS.

so..

js..nothing or $120

1Bed Gs..$140

1Bed Gs large...nothing, not worth the minimum

2Bed Gs...$340

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm also on the Harmony 1/9. Currently in an owner's suite from lift and shift at a great price thinking of bidding on the two bedroom aqua theater suite although I don't know what I need with two bedrooms by myself but what the heck.  Might also bid on a CL

Worth it!  Two bathrooms!  Great balcony.  If available, a crown loft excellent!

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

BTW almost all the CLs are still available on that sailing which I find strange

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pretzlaff said:

I find that a JS really isn't worth much more than a balcony.  At the other end, I really, really like the space of a 2Bed GS.

so..

js..nothing or $120

1Bed Gs..$140

1Bed Gs large...nothing, not worth the minimum

2Bed Gs...$340

Thank you. 

46 minutes ago, jonj said:

Thank you. 

IMO a Jr. Suite so much better then a balcony.  First, dinner at suite restaurant- by reservation, then the actual room so much larger and more comfortable to walk around.  Bathroom larger- storage in the Jr. suite closet amazing.  If just s couple of hundred bid- well worth it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

IMO a Jr. Suite so much better then a balcony.  First, dinner at suite restaurant- by reservation, then the actual room so much larger and more comfortable to walk around.  Bathroom larger- storage in the Jr. suite closet amazing.  If just s couple of hundred bid- well worth it.

Thanks, we were thinking about it because of the room size and the Coastal Kitchen dinner as an option as well, with reservations of course. 

I think we will bid $110 pp and see. I am bidding higher on the GS as that is the one we really want. Would love to try a Star Class but not an option right now on the list to choose. 

Edited by jonj

11 minutes ago, jonj said:

Thanks, we were thinking about it because of the room size and the Coastal Kitchen dinner as an option as well, with reservations of course. 

I think we will bid $110 pp and see. I am bidding higher on the GS as that is the one we really want. Would love to try a Star Class but not an option right now on the list to choose. 

To bid on STAR, you generally have to be currently booked in a Suite.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jonj said:

Sky class also great!  Hope you get the grand suite!  Good luck

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Nice!  I love the OS cabins!   After this next cruise on Harmony in January, we are back again end of May for our anniversary.  Also a lift and shift in an OS, giving us a great deal as well. 

The January B2B had JS cabins at really discounted pricing, so I grabbed it.  Figuring later I might opt for an upgrade if pricing went down after final...but it didn't.  So now I am trying to for upbid.  If all else fails, we will be happy in our hump out JS.  😉 

I just got an UpBid for my 7 night Jan Mexico Navigator sailing. In a GS could bid on RS, OS & 2 bdrm GS.

I originally got my GS for 3K and to upgrade to the one OS is showing available it's over 11k. So putting in a max bid was an easy decision for me. Whatever happens....it is what it is.

But that would be a nice birthday surprise as we sail on my birthday.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I just got an UpBid for my 7 night Jan Mexico Navigator sailing. In a GS could bid on RS, OS & 2 bdrm GS.

I originally got my GS for 3K and to upgrade to the one OS is showing available it's over 11k. So putting in a max bid was an easy decision for me. Whatever happens....it is what it is.

But that would be a nice birthday surprise as we sail on my birthday.

Good luck.  Would be a nice birthday surprise!!

• Thanks 1