Towels for beach

I know this has been posted other times but I never checked on them because we have never gone to a beach. We are doing a btb and have a all inclusive beach excursion on each one. Can we check out towels at the pool or what do we do. Thanks.

Edited by Preacherman46

Just now, Preacherman46 said:

I know this has been posted other times but I never checked on them because we have never gone to a beach. We are doing a btb and have a beach excursion on each one. Can we check out towels at the pool or what do we do. Thanks.

Yes.  You are allowed two towels per seapass card, and you can take them off the ship.  Just remember to bring them back on or you will be charged for them.

23 hours ago, KelJ said:

Yes.  You are allowed two towels per seapass card, and you can take them off the ship.  Just remember to bring them back on or you will be charged for them.

I'm glad I hadn't read about the 2 towels per seapass card prior to my last cruise. I probably wouldn't have tried to get more. As it stands, I regularly checked out 4 at a time, and I was cruising solo. 

10 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

I'm glad I hadn't read about the 2 towels per seapass card prior to my last cruise. I probably wouldn't have tried to get more. As it stands, I regularly checked out 4 at a time, and I was cruising solo. 

We also routinely check out 4 towels per SeaPass card, on at least 6 different  ships in the last couple of years.

2 hours ago, LrgPizza said:

We usually check out 4 towels on one seapass card.  It just depends on who has their hands free at the time.

I took out 12 towels with a single card on Allure. I'm not sure there's a limit!

I also wonder if they actually count them when you take them out or bring them back, or if there's just a notice of Room X took out towels, Room X brought back towels. I never saw them counting 12 towels when I brought them back. Maybe they just trusted my big wet towel pile...

• 1 month later...

Not pleased to hear that RC brought back the pool-towel check-out process. When we left RC for X (back in 2011) it was being phased out -- on the Freedom Class and smaller ships. It was wildly unpopular at the time -- long lines on the pool deck to check-out, exchange, or turn-in towels. Plus, it was competing with the mini-bars as a source of bogus-charge complaints. Folks returned home, having diligently checked in all of their pool towels, only to find a late charge ($20 back then) on their credit card for -- you guessed it -- a pool towel! :classic_wacko:

24 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Just thought of another towel question- do they have towel stations on Coco Cay or do we need to bring them from the ship?

Bring towels from the ship.  Get them the day before at the towel station  on the pool deck.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I'd hate to get to the point of disembarking to find out that they don't have a towel station.

We always make sure we have clean towels with us when we leave our stateroom. I don't want to have to rely on a towel station that may or may not be at the gangway. If there is an exchange station when we return to the ship, we'll make the exchange there.

• Like 1