Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

From scluvsrain (Sherita):

this is the video she tried to upload yesterday.  Crossing my fingers this works....

IMG_4786.MOV

What a lovely video, the little girl is having so much fun. Music sounds great, can hear every word, I cannot wait until the Rock room is on the other boats. So kind of the cruisers spending their time allowing us to enjoy the maiden voyage, really appreciate it

6 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Which is correct......IS stolen, or WAS stolen?

Either, really.  Is means the present so the book is "stolen".

Was is probably better though as it is past tense and the book was stolen.  LOL.

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

The premium package may be the answer.

It's probably latency (lag between packet transmission) and packet loss. I don't think the more expensive plan will make a difference, because it's not going to shorten the round trip satellite distance. I can check for sure next week when I'm on a cruise, but I would save the money. (Unless you can get them to provisionally give you the higher plan to test.) 

Big files are often a problem. Some protocols, like FTP, have the ability to resume transmission. The browser HTTPS upload does not. 

Again Ann, thank you so much for this thread.  This is probably the best "Live From" I can remember.  The CC team effort is wonderful!

I'm sure the PG is great as Arlin is PG Manager I believe on NS- she is the best!  If you think about it please let her know that Frank and Loren are thinking about her and miss her!

Hoping for smooth seas and great weather for you!

• Like 1

Is there still the free sushi at the Distant Lands Asian station at the Lido Market?

when Celebrity introduced “sushi on 5”, they completely eliminated the free sushi at their Seaview buffet and I would like to know if HAL is doing the same cheapening practice...

1 minute ago, Despegue said:

Is there still the free sushi at the Distant Lands Asian station at the Lido Market?

when Celebrity introduced “sushi on 5”, they completely eliminated the free sushi at their Seaview buffet and I would like to know if HAL is doing the same cheapening practice...

Yes!!! Love it. I have some every day at lunch along with custom stir fry. 

1 minute ago, scluvsrain said:

Jacqui thanks so very much for posting my video. 

And i I have to be quiet right now as Snort is taking a nap......must be all that wine...

Anytime at all, Sherita. 😄 

I'm only an email away.

Hmm if Snort is napping then you might want to join in 😉 

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

It is very popular, and people are saving the bottles to take home!  You will probably find them for sale on eBay!

Is it a special Limited Edition, or will it be the Heineken served from all Dutch Cafe?  I don't remember seeing it on K'dam's Dutch Cafe.

31 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

Jacqui thanks so very much for posting my video. 

And i I have to be quiet right now as Snort is taking a nap......must be all that wine...

From Scluvsrain:

she wasn't kidding Snort is napping 😄 

IMG_0082.JPG.fd32b6f994e3eff06897ec450986fbaa.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Sherita is managing with the photos now. I will give it a try.  

Funchal is looking very festive.  But my pictures won’t upload.

It was just announced now at Happy Hour that there will be a book exchange tomorrow morning, for passengers to trade their already read books.  That may be a better idea than the book exchange shelf they used to have when there was a library!

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Looks like Sherita is managing with the photos now. I will give it a try.  

Funchal is looking very festive.  But my pictures won’t upload.

It was just announced now at Happy Hour that there will be a book exchange tomorrow morning, for passengers to trade their already read books.  That may be a better idea than the book exchange shelf they used to have when there was a library!

My photos I posted from a cafe along the waterfront with free WiFi. And Jacqui sent the one of Snort for me. So I’m not being too successful with the ship’s WiFi at the moment. 

But as my Dad always said to me “don’t let the bastards get you down!”

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Is it a special Limited Edition, or will it be the Heineken served from all Dutch Cafe?  I don't remember seeing it on K'dam's Dutch Cafe.

I think it is new, and seems to be the only beer being sold in the Dutch Cafe at the moment.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I’m so glad the photos posted from Funchal.  I’m not sure what is going to happen now that we are back on board.  Perhaps I will get the upgrade for the Transatlantic and see if that is better.

I have the premium package and the speed is abysmal!!  I don't recommend the upgrade. I've complained to the front office indicating I had the premiun package on the Maasdam in the most remote part of the planet a month ago and the speeds were far superior to what we have on this ship.

Edited by Btimmer

1 hour ago, frankc98376 said:

Again Ann, thank you so much for this thread.  This is probably the best "Live From" I can remember.  The CC team effort is wonderful!

I'm sure the PG is great as Arlin is PG Manager I believe on NS- she is the best!  If you think about it please let her know that Frank and Loren are thinking about her and miss her!

Hoping for smooth seas and great weather for you!

Looks like long-time PG Manager Glen Cools has that function on Nieuw S

I just talked to someone in the internet office and he said that since we left the Med and entered the Atlantic they lost the satellite and they have been trying all day to connect with a new site .  He said the upgrade would do me no good, not to bother, and to give them a couple more hours.  

Keep up the greats pics please! My favorite is the Grand Dutch Cafe with the old gable homes and windmill outlines in white. Looks like they have an all-Dutch staff in there which adds to the atmosphere of pannekoeken, poffertjes, kroketten, van dobbe bitterballen, friet with mayo, uitsmijters, erwten soup, koningsbol, oude and jonge jenever, advocaat, etc., etc. Good stuff! :classic_biggrin: 

Related image

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2018 at 4:13 PM, fatcat04 said:

Kindle. Love the backlit screen, adjustable print size and brightness,  it weighs next to nothing, and doubles as my travel tablet. I do not travel with print books anymore and while I do still read print books occasionally, they just keep making that print smaller and smaller. :classic_tongue:

E-readers are fine unless they stop working just before 6 sea days on a T-A, as mine did. Finally got it working again when we got to Bermuda.

41 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Keep up the greats pics please! My favorite is the Grand Dutch Cafe with the old gable homes and windmill outlines in white. Looks like they have an all-Dutch staff in there which adds to the atmosphere of pannekoeken, poffertjes, kroketten, van dobbe bitterballen, friet with mayo, uitsmijters, erwten soup, koningsbol, oude and jonge jenever, advocaat, etc., etc. Good stuff! :classic_biggrin: 

Related image

I will take more photos, definitely.  The houses are in the tables, a little difficult to get at, but I will do my best.   Yes, an all Dutch staff, they are very good.

And we have seen Glen around, but Denise as Manager of the Pinnacle when we have been there.  Glenn and Martyn supervising!

• Thanks 1