Few Questions

I just booked my 4th cruise on Royal Caribbean and my first time in a suite. I don’t think I get any perks since it’s a junior suite, is that correct? Also, when do all of the excursions come out for the cruise? It’s October 20th, 2019. I saw one I want to do in St. Maarten but there are only some listed so far. The one I want to do isn’t one of them. Thank you for any help with this!

I really wish they would change the name of this category to avoid the confusion since you do not get any full suite perks. It's an oversized balcony cabin that gives you double C&A points, full size tub, small walk in closet and bath robes.  

Whatever you do, don't upgrade to a full suite. I made that mistake and now the wife expects one every cruise. LoL

We leave on Freedom next weekend and she still thinks we are in a regular balcony cabin. 

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

I really wish they would change the name of this category to avoid the confusion since you do not get any full suite perks. It's an oversized balcony cabin that gives you double C&A points, full size tub, small walk in closet and bath robes.  

Whatever you do, don't upgrade to a full suite. I made that mistake and now the wife expects one every cruise. LoL

We leave on Freedom next weekend and she still thinks we are in a regular balcony cabin. 

I already get double points for being a single in a double occupancy room. I agree, they should change the name. I did actually book it for the space though 😉 

Lol. I hope you can find good deals on the suites you’ll have to book from now on 😊

2 hours ago, Tahina cruising said:

I already get double points for being a single in a double occupancy room. I agree, they should change the name. I did actually book it for the space though 😉 

Lol. I hope you can find good deals on the suites you’ll have to book from now on 😊

You’ll get triple points if you booked solo in a JS. 

Now my solo friend (I'm meeting a couple and a solo female traveler) who I'm going on the cruise with wants to look into a Grand Suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. But I need to make sure about a few things before I even call for a price. Is it actually 2 bedrooms or is it just a curtain separating the beds? Would we each get double points? We would get free room service with this category? What other perks would we get with a Grand Suite? And darn it, I wish I knew about triple points in a Junior suite as a solo before I changed it to a balcony room....

Hey... a JS is a great cabin!  You do get Priority boarding...and you're getting a great space without that high "suite" price!    A GS is just basically 1 big room...yes, a curtain separates the areas.

If you want 2 separate spaces (with a door) you'll need an OS.  GS and above get the "suite perks" which is (monetarily) free drinks during cocktail hour.  Weight the price of drinks for 2 hours against the cost of the suite.

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

Hey... a JS is a great cabin!  You do get Priority boarding...and you're getting a great space without that high "suite" price!    A GS is just basically 1 big room...yes, a curtain separates the areas.

If you want 2 separate spaces (with a door) you'll need an OS.  GS and above get the "suite perks" which is (monetarily) free drinks during cocktail hour.  Weight the price of drinks for 2 hours against the cost of the suite.

The one I'm looking at is GT. It's called a Grand Suite and says it's 2 bedroom/2 bathroom. So does that have separate rooms or just curtains and do we get the suite perks in that category? Both my friend and I are currently paying double to be a single in a room. If the price of the suite is more than what I'm paying for my balcony room for just me, we won't do it. Plus I usually get the drink package.

1 hour ago, Tahina cruising said:

The one I'm looking at is GT. It's called a Grand Suite and says it's 2 bedroom/2 bathroom. So does that have separate rooms or just curtains and do we get the suite perks in that category? Both my friend and I are currently paying double to be a single in a room. If the price of the suite is more than what I'm paying for my balcony room for just me, we won't do it. Plus I usually get the drink package.

Yes on both counts. 2 separate bedrooms and double points with suite lounge access and all suite perks. 

38 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Yes on both counts. 2 separate bedrooms and double points with suite lounge access and all suite perks. 

Thank you! I just read somewhere that there is a minimum of 5 people required to book this category. Does any one know if that is true? It seems to sometimes be called the Royal Family Suite.

2 minutes ago, Tahina cruising said:

Thank you! I just read somewhere that there is a minimum of 5 people required to book this category. Does any one know if that is true? It seems to sometimes be called the Royal Family Suite.

The minimum can change, contact RC to find out the current minimum on your sailing.

3 minutes ago, Tahina cruising said:

Well, my travel agent informed me this morning that the 2 bedroom suites are sold out on my cruise. Wow. Almost a year away!!!

What ship? I think Freedom class only has 2 per ship.

If you want that on a particular cruise, book other cabins, and keep looking.  Especially right around final payment.  They can pop open.

But they are few.  Grandeur has 4.  2 along the side, and 2 aft corners (which are AMAZING cabins.