First time on Celebrity- what are the can’t misses?

sjb.illinois

On 12/3/2018 at 5:31 PM, sjb.illinois said:

Hi there, 

My husband and I, along with our best friends, will be on Celebrity Reflection in February. We’re experienced travelers and cruisers, but we’ve never been on Celebrity. I’ve been reading the boards and reviews, and am so very excited. But I’d love to hear from you Celebrity experts what are the don’t misses? Which specialty restaurants are worth the up-charge? We love martinis, and our husbands are scotch drinkers. Are there special tastings? Any cigar events? I gather there is not a Chef’s Table - is this correct? Special spots on Reflection?

thanks in advance!

Ensemble Lounge for small venue and great music if you like jazz/blues/classical... With a few visits--and rapport with bartender-- they will direct you to best options for Scotch and you can get a great drink of any kind.  (Premium package)

Martini Bar fun for pre dinner

Murano-- stellar food and service

Bacio for coffee/tea.. the cakes in the afternoon are divine and far better than any dessert in MDR

Sky Observation lounge

Silent Disco is fun!

Lawn Club Grill is a nice alternative for dining. 

Edited by Fogfog

On 12/3/2018 at 7:35 PM, keesar said:

If you want to celebrate a special event, book at Murano.  Classy and great food/service.  

Head to the Sky Lounge for a fantastic view and there  is a nice bar there as well.

At night, make sure you head to the Silent Disco.  We have really enjoyed it.

Silent Disco? How does that work?

On 12/4/2018 at 10:32 AM, yorky said:

Murano, one of the best speciality restaurants on any mass market cruise line. Breakfast on your balcony, Celebrity give a great choice at no extra charge and service is a cut above most others. Another vote for Cafe el Bacio if you can get a seat as it’s very popular. Biggest tip would be stay onboard at one of the ports and enjoy everything the ship has to offer when it’s nearly empty, it’s a joy.

If you're in a suite and have a butler just ask him/her to get something from Cafe al Bacio for you and have breakfast on your balcony if the weather is nice. If not, simply enjoy the comfort of your spacious stateroom.

Lots of good recommendations but I have a couple I didn't notice being posted. 

1.   Pool Grill -  The famous free hamburgers and hot dogs.   Not to be missed.   They are really good.

2.  Deck 15  & Deck 16 Solstice Deck - Forward -   Great place to lay in the sun and for Embarkation / Disembarkation from port.   Great fresh air views forward over the Helipad.   Enjoy it while you can as it will be turned into the Retreat when the ship is Revolutionized (if that's a word).    This area is lightly used and I believe you can always find comfy padded loungers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, K12Guy said:

If you're in a suite and have a butler just ask him/her to get something from Cafe al Bacio for you and have breakfast on your balcony if the weather is nice. If not, simply enjoy the comfort of your spacious stateroom.

Can all of the suites order from Cafe Al Bacio? I'm not that picky but my husband would love an upgrade to his morning caffeine fix.  Is it just charged to the room and butler picks it up for you to deliver with breakfast?

On 12/12/2018 at 1:02 AM, JennAngel9 said:

Can all of the suites order from Cafe Al Bacio? I'm not that picky but my husband would love an upgrade to his morning caffeine fix.  Is it just charged to the room and butler picks it up for you to deliver with breakfast?

Your butler will get what you want and it will be charged to your room or your beverage card. If you have the Premium package your butler will know it and handle it. Have your hubby order what he wants and have it taken to your stateroom for you to enjoy. Only hot or cold beverages are charged from Cafe al Bacio. Food items are not charged and they are very good.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:18 AM, JackB60 said:

Definitely don't miss seeing Le Petit Chef. It's a one of a kind show I haven't seen anywhere else. We couldn't stop smiling! And I agree with one of the other posters. One of the best meals we had!

Is this a set menu?

On 12/12/2018 at 3:02 AM, JennAngel9 said:

Hi Jen which February sailing will you be on? We are sailing on the Feb 8 our first time on Reflection and first time cruising Celebrity in over 10 years. Will be on Deck 11 midship.   Good idea to post this and I also appreciate all the great responses. I love the idea of having the Cafe served en suite.   

Celebrity makes its own ice cream and they have some great/less common flavors (guava, cinnamon,etc.). Many of these will be featured on the Main Dining Room dessert menu but they are also available for free at the starboard entrance to the Oceanview Cafe (buffet). If there was a flavor you liked at dinner, it will likely be at the buffet the next day! 

Also, the art collection is amazing- if you have some time to spare on a sea day, take a little tour. The Reflection doesn't have my favorite collection, but there are some really interesting (and expensive) pieces on display!

Enjoy! 

Can anyone tell me how I make advanced reservations for the specialty restaurants when they are included in the suite pricing?  We have a Royal and it says we have included specialty dining. We have friends traveling with us and we want to book them with us in advance so is there a way to do this? I made all the bookings (3 cabins) and there is a place to link them when making paid reservations.  Or do I have to call Celebrity?  Thank you in advance.

So many great suggestions.

- I agree with Pool Grill for lunch - the burgers and hot dogs were really good.

- We enjoyed Murano for a more elegant dinner.

- But our #1 night of dining was Le Petit Chef. We loved the food and the show itself was pure fun and entertainment. A wonderful experience on every level.

Edited by Mialias

On 12/3/2018 at 9:48 PM, sjb.illinois said:

I am so curious about the silent disco- it just sounds so odd! But cruises are all about trying new things, right?!

A silent disco or silent rave is an event where people dance to music listened to on wireless headphones. Rather than using a speaker system, music is broadcast via a radio transmitter with the signal being picked up by wireless headphone receivers worn by the participants. Wikipedia

On 12/4/2018 at 12:12 PM, TeaBag said:

Lawn Club Grill (extra fee) for the best steaks ever and that warm chocolate cookie served with ice cream.  Home made ice cream in the ocean view cafe every day.

And don't forget the Lobster Mac & Cheese at the Lawn Club Grill.

• Like 1

Sailaway at Sunset Bar (aft).  Great view of the land slowly slipping away, with a cocktail in your hand and your whole cruise ahead of you!

Solarium...so relaxing and quiet!  Don't be surprised to see scores of people passed out in their loungers from relaxation!😀

On 12/13/2018 at 10:24 PM, Dall said:

Is this a set menu?

There are 2 menus to choose from. The regular menu of bouillabaisse, lobster, filet mignon and rice pudding brulee/ice cream sundae or the alternate menu of french onion soup, sea bass, sauteed chicken and chocolate cake/sorbet. We had the regular menu which was fantastic. But we heard the sea bass and chicken were very good as well. The steak and lobster were so good, I'd probably have it again!

Hi SJB...we are also from IL and will be cruising the Reflection wirh OUR best friends in February! Although we have done a fair amount of traveling,  this will be our first cruise and we are so excited! Our friends are experienced cruisers,  so we will have them to guide us.  We are on deck 8, Aft Veranda Balcony.... maybe we will run into you! Lynn, Jeff, Bonnie and Jim,  from Chicago area. 🙂

On 12/28/2018 at 9:23 PM, EthansNana said:

Hi SJB...we are also from IL and will be cruising the Reflection wirh OUR best friends in February! Although we have done a fair amount of traveling,  this will be our first cruise and we are so excited! Our friends are experienced cruisers,  so we will have them to guide us.  We are on deck 8, Aft Veranda Balcony.... maybe we will run into you! Lynn, Jeff, Bonnie and Jim,  from Chicago area. 🙂

Yay! We are actually in Ohio now, but can’t switch my name 🙁. We’re super excited about this cruise.