Coffee

The coffee that is brewed/served on RCCL is horrible. It is bad, nasty, and to boot they have been skimping on the cream and or half and half. For the money that one pays to cruise with the mighty RCCL, you would think that you can at minimum, have good coffee. I have been on several RC cruises, all different ships, and the coffee has been not bueno at all. There are cruisers bringing their own travel size creamers just to make the coffee palatable. I let them know in post survey cruise. I'm sure others have as well. One individual who is Diamond status tells me that it has been that way for years. I also cruise with CCL and I can drink their coffee any time of the day.

I don’t understand how they skimp on the cream?   You can pour your own at the cafe or windjammer?   Maybe in the MDR? Just ask for more.  

I think coffee is a personal taste thing.  I know many who really dont like Starbucks but other line up to pay extra for it on the ships.  To each their own I guess.  

Edited by topnole

14 minutes ago, topnole said:

I don’t understand how they skimp on the cream?   You can pour your own at the cafe or windjammer?   Maybe in the MDR? Just ask for more.  

I think coffee is a personal taste thing.  I know many who really dont like Starbucks but other line up to pay extra for it on the ships.  To each their own I guess.  

They 

14 minutes ago, topnole said:

It's good enough for me. What do you mean by skimping on cream? On Allure last month I never had coffee in the MDR but everywhere else that had free coffee had the little individual cups of half & haf.

Edited by dcgrumpy

They had milk readily available in the metal container commonly found at coffee stations. None had creamer or even half and half. You had to ask for half and half which was the individual packets, if you will,  like the ones found at 7-11. This wasn't always the case. 

I'm a daily coffee drinker and think it's fine on Royal.  Now I do kind of agree about the creamer, doesn't really affect me because I drink coffee black these days but the little fake creamer things are not good.  If memory servers there are a couple places where you can get actual milk and/or creamer but you have to hunt around a bit for them.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boscobeans said:

I've been drinking coffee from every kind of place you can imagine for about 60 years and the coffee served on Royal Caribbean is equal to if not better than most of the stuff I have found.  

bosco

My sentiments exactly:) (5 cups daily from various venues in NYC)

• Like 1

I would have to say Royal's coffee is okay.  I would not buy it on land.   I drink my coffee black so getting a good coffee makes a difference since nothing is being added.  The good thing is that I get so energized on our cruises that I don't nearly drink as much coffee as I do when I am at home.  The only coffee on a cruise that I could not drink was the free coffee on Princess,   That was just nasty.

We found the coffee served on the Navigator 11/23/18 cruise to be up there with the best we've ever had. It was the usual Lavazza. We also found that cream and/or Half and Half was not on the MDR tables. When we asked for cream we were provided the Half and Half packets which are fine with us. Occasionally there was some misunderstanding by a crew member who would respond that cream was in the metal pitcher-we'd then explain that that was milk, etc. and we would usually get Half and Half although once or twice we received non-dairy creamer-which the crew member said was cream and we'd explain that it wasn't. All in all very tasty coffee!

• Like 1

I have to doctor up most ship coffee. But hey, I do that on land too! I never get a coffee without extra cream to cover the taste dislike when I am away from home. At home, I am a perfect coffee snob and know the variety and amount to brew my perfect cup. 

I take my coffee black, but I've found on Royal I have to put a little milk in the coffee to make it taste OK. Let's just say it's not great coffee. At best, it's a caffeine-delivering system. But I've never tried the room service coffee. I'll have to try that next time. Or maybe I'll switch to tea for the cruise. You can't screw up hot water, right?