Diamond lounges are over capacity and guests are being turned away

4 hours ago, alfaeric said:

Man, some seem to need to find a different time to cruise.  We are well over 50, and most of them have been D+, and I can count the number of times the D lounge was over crowded on one hand.  Maybe even with one finger.  

Which is to say, if you don't like the DL overcrowding, find a different time of the year to cruise.  

I just avoid the diamond lounge.

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

D+ and really only go to the DL for the snacks maybe a drink. I was one of those that was disappointed when we were downgraded to using the DL only.

We drop in early in the day for coffee, but seldom visit during crowded times.

Lounge has a second floor, we went in last Thursday on oasis just to get our diamond plus pins since we were in suite, there were a few tables open when we walked in at 7pm. Only time we saw people in tux’s was in the lounge. 

Our first time in a suite we went to concierge lounge and there were no sears concierge asked us to try Diamond lounge, this was navigator in 2014

Edited by George C

6 hours ago, alfaeric said:

Man, some seem to need to find a different time to cruise.  We are well over 50, and most of them have been D+, and I can count the number of times the D lounge was over crowded on one hand.  Maybe even with one finger.  

Which is to say, if you don't like the DL overcrowding, find a different time of the year to cruise.  

Like a time of year with hoardes of kids 🤔

It's really a Catch-22 anyway.  Cheap cruise = lots if C&A

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes...used to be the nicest CL in the fleet.  Was changed to the DL when they added the SL.  Original DL was tiny lounge just over the promenade...with cocktails served in Blaze before conversion.  

I loved the old DL.  You can actually watch the promenade parade from that location on Harmony 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I loved the old DL.  You can actually watch the promenade parade from that location on Harmony 

Way too small for a ship that holds 6.5K.  Just like the Solarium pool.  Largest cruise ship in the world, with the smallest Solarium pool.   The logic boggles the mind.  Maybe the IT department designed the ship.

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Don’t passengers realize that they can go to any bar on the ship and get the same drink? No crowds, no chair hogs , and on the plus side you might meet some very nice people.  Or, just go at a different time when the room cleared out.    Why would anyone want to pile into Blaze when you can have a lovely drink in a bar in Central Park,  on the boardwalk, on the promenade, at the pool etc.  Hey, oasis even allows you to use drink vouchers in the dining room.   

Yes, I think complaining  about an overcrowded room with free drinks is the best thing to do.  If I ran a company, and gave away something for free, and people complained about it, I would probably stop giving that thing away.    Oh yeah, that’s right, RCCL used to give away hats, but people complained,  other welcome gifts that people didn’t like them, chocolate but people complained that it wasn’t tasty, a gift basket but people complained it had too much paper waste.  So, as any good executive would do, they got rid of the things that made the people complain. And how about that, no one is complaining about bad chocolates, free gifts they don’t one, too much paper in a gift basket.  You get the picture. 

Sorry for the rant. 

M

One thing you left out.

Unlimited drinks in DL

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Way too small for a ship that holds 6.5K.  Just like the Solarium pool.  Largest cruise ship in the world, with the smallest Solarium pool.   The logic boggles the mind.  Maybe the IT department designed the ship.

Spent a week on Allure back in the day.  Never crowded.  But that was 6 years ago.  Pretty sure it was adequate in 2008 when the lead ship was being built

Edited by John&LaLa

I’m not Diamond yet. I’m still Emerald. But I don’t drink. Saves me a lot of money. And there is plenty of food all,over the ship so I don’t see a problem for me at all. But Royal will have to do something to keep people happy if they get too crowded in the future 

We used to enjoy the diamond and concierge lounges  (when d+ were allowed in).  We have bought the drink package for the last two years.  It’s a really nice perk, don’t get me wrong, but it’s just not worth it for us anymore.  We have found the celebrity lounges better experiences, although I understand the times and number of days don’t mirror Rccl’s offering.   I also understand there are many more loyalty members on Rccl. 

Edited by maggieq

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Like a time of year with hoardes of kids 🤔

It's really a Catch-22 anyway.  Cheap cruise = lots if C&A

Alaska cruise early July I think there were less than 60 d and d+ members (no P present) on board.  Was the emptiest I have EVER seen a d lounge.  Felt sorry for the 3 servers up there every night as barely 15 people in the lounge at 5pm.  Got to know servers very well and was actually able to meet and talk with every d and d+ member in lounge every evening.

It actually was more crowded in lounge during the day than at happy hour.

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Alaska cruise early July I think there were less than 60 d and d+ members (no P present) on board.  Was the emptiest I have EVER seen a d lounge.  Felt sorry for the 3 servers up there every night as barely 15 people in the lounge at 5pm.  Got to know servers very well and was actually able to meet and talk with every d and d+ member in lounge every evening.

It actually was more crowded in lounge during the day than at happy hour.

Aren't those notoriously expensive?

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It will get ugly and locked down at 465 posts 

Like the thread about Pinnacles diluting and cheapening the Suite experience got locked down.  

To recap - if you book a suite on an Oasis class ship Royal Suite Class that is billed as exclusive is not - if there are a lot of Pinnacles you will be challenged as a suite guest in Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge with lack of availability for meals and seating in the lounge.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, auntiedodo said:

Our D+ friends can’t get into the lounge or the overflow lounge because there are hundreds and hundreds of Diamond and Diamond plus on board, so many there are officers stationed outside to turn people away.  It seems to me it’s time to have Diamonds get their drinks on their cards and have the lounge for D+.  Royal doesn’t seem to have a clue how to resolve the problem!

The sky is the sky is falling! 🙄

I think they should eliminate all C+A lounge benefits and use the space for a Taco Bell or  KFC!

Maybe they can let you trade your 3 drink coupons for a combo meal! 👍

• Haha 2

Celebrity is already limiting the 'free'' drinks in the DL to the 3 on your card.  Recent trip on Equinox saw relatively few D and D+ in the Crown Lounge. Most apparently  take their drinks in the bars.